Goof off works wonders as well

50* drying after the new paint.

058c08eaa93b9ceca0054395fca45484.jpg

Looks great!

I've been thinking about doing something red, white, and blue with my Scotty since I'm pretty sure that I'll be sticking with it.

Looks great!

I've been thinking about doing something red, white, and blue with my Scotty since I'm pretty sure that I'll be sticking with it.

That is too damn sweet!!! Nicely done.

It's just so fun...added some personal touches on the putter.

25d2f61982a90f34f1f8c7a65d7cd94a.jpg

That looks good. Nice Betti.

Here we go:
a84ba3064e572a764c2d72243aaa43e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this thread! I have a putter I am about to try and fill for the first time and wasn't quit sure what to use!

Finally got around to redoing the numbers on my CF 16s. Not that I needed a reminder, but I realized that Goof Off is not good for faux wood flooring :bulgy-eyes:. I ended up using a safety pin and toothpicks to get the old paint out and a toothpick to apply the new paint. Paper towel + acetone nail polish remover easily cleaned up the excess! I'm interested to see how the Testor's paint holds up.

Here are a few I have done lately.

My wifes Mizuno. Tried something new on the numbers, two color. The white MIZUNO was black before (beyond my why Mizuno does not have this white in the first palce).
q2NGgig.jpg

My trusty Mizuno MP-T5 wedges. The green line across the club was the tricky part here but think it came out great.
tLfAlrJ.jpg

And my beloved Miura 1957 Small Blades..... yes you guessed it, my theme is White/lime.
FAfS59c.jpg

Looks good Kjartan!

I like the Pink One.

The JPX-850 looks beautiful!

I started to work on a few clubs that I stripped last weekend and the needle tip applicators aren't quite fine enough for me. I'll grab a few syringes and needles from work this week.

Last edited:
Here are a few I have done lately.

My wifes Mizuno. Tried something new on the numbers, two color. The white MIZUNO was black before (beyond my why Mizuno does not have this white in the first palce).
q2NGgig.jpg

My trusty Mizuno MP-T5 wedges. The green line across the club was the tricky part here but think it came out great.
tLfAlrJ.jpg

And my beloved Miura 1957 Small Blades..... yes you guessed it, my theme is White/lime.
FAfS59c.jpg

I need to have somebody pint fill my clubs those look amazing!

I did my Scotty GoLo S with red, white, and blue to go with my USA Ryder Cup grip. I forgot to take a before pic, but there was gray paint on the face and gray and black paint in the sole. I left the red sole paint alone.

Application of Citristrip
de028218b01a48782f452ac0d63160cc.jpg

You can see some of the paint coming out (above the left red dot; also, the ' l' in Titleist in the previous pic)
a74426758b870f9b77709e11feada9f4.jpg

After stripping
0a98aad774d7b25ebfa5092083c384fd.jpg

Testing out the paint on the widest area
2b12b49fccb276fe16a1280a4dc8b522.jpg

All done!
fb561f68f0788d36c9f2ab9dc390ed00.jpg

bb32fbee391f3cb81da3cf8985c0c72a.jpg

Man I wish I could get Citristrip up here. Definitely on my list for the next time I head south. The results look so good!

Did the numbers on my irons and wedges today as well as my hybrid and driver. The irons and wedges look good, but hybrid and Driver was a disaster. Paint was too dark and it looks ugly and black. against the black sole. Might go grab a lighter shade tomorrow.

Still a little iffy on the driver, but I like how the irons and hybrid turned out. Going with a white and blue color scheme for my whole bag, except my putter because it deserves to stand out with the red and white.

98a091dd069a85e13e925d9f4d40a504.jpg

76e715e5a4c3667d08cc1fca121a9698.jpg

03316b8622c1c6e4cb9a45f4e0e65961.jpg

Looks good..you'll get the driver cleaned up and it'll look great!

Can anybody PM me with how to paint strip and paint fill? Would love to do some work on my irons

Can anybody PM me with how to paint strip and paint fill? Would love to do some work on my irons

You can strip the paint with Citristrip or Acetone, and then get a toothpick or thumbtack to scrape out the existing paint. Dry it off and then grab a toothpick or needle applicator and fill in the cavity with paint. Then just get a damp rag with acetone on it and give it a quick swipe over the cavity to clear the excess paint. Let it dry and then go back and clean up whatever excess paint there is. Then your set. I'm sure others will be able to comment with better tips than me.

Great stuff guys. Man, the pink Mizuno came out fabulous!

Back