Shell Houston Open 2016 (Spoilers and Discussion)

Good for Jim Herman! Great win.

I have never heard of Jim Herman, but nice win and welcome to the Masters!

Great emotion from Herman! You gotta like him.

Gotta love seeing that

Big congrats to Jim Herman. What a round.

JM

I love seeing guys like him win. It's just a great story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like seeing Herman win this week

So Good.

Why I love golf. Really cool to see a guy get his first win like that.

Just shed a man tear for the guy.

Nice to see someone win their first PGA tournament and get an automatic entry to The Masters. Congrats to Jim Herman.

What a finish. Congrats to Jim Herman

What an underdog story. Great win

Gotta love an underdog, think I'll be pulling for him in the Masters.

It's great! He grew up in the same neighborhood as my wife did. A few years later but the same!! Really happy for him!

Love the raw emotion post round, congrats to Jim!

Wow, great win for Herman. It's nice seeing a journeyman get the win against a very solid field.

You could see the nerves but he succeeded. Great to see when it means so much and will change his life.

That is awesome love seeing guys that have been grinding for years finally breakthrough

sure was fun to watch him down the stretch. How about him waiting on the 18th tee, Miller in the booth saying he'd be impressed if the guy just finds the fairway. What does he do? Pounds one 320 that splits the fairway perfectly. Great win for him, absolutely life changing for a player who has been grinding it out all these years.

Normally I don't mind Johnny Miller, but the last half hour of today's broadcast he was half past intolerable.

Rebecca said he was worse than figure skater and gymnastic commentators combined.

sure was fun to watch him down the stretch. How about him waiting on the 18th tee, Miller in the booth saying he'd be impressed if the guy just finds the fairway. What does he do? Pounds one 320 that splits the fairway perfectly. Great win for him, absolutely life changing for a player who has been grinding it out all these years.

Waiting on 18 had to be brutal. Then he steps up and plays that hole perfectly.

I do wonder had Stenson dropped that putt if that changes his approach.

Doubt it, he was only like 3 yards of carry from being on the close side of the ridge and he didn't shy away from the pin much at all. Now if he has to make the birdie to win I could see him having more of a chance running it by and 3 putting.

Jim Herman was an assistant at Trumps course in New Jersey. Pretty cool little story.

Back