#THPCallout. Sposey#s vs Daddio

Congrats shane. The Victor definitely got the spoils today. Nice Job daddio. You gave him some trouble today.

Nice win Shane!!

Nice win sposey#s!!!!! Enjoy the spoils!!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Nice win Shane!

Great follow and nice win Shane!!!

Thanks everyone for following along yesterday on what was an especially enjoyable round of golf. Congrats Shane (someone had to get you off the schnide), and thanks JB. Your #THPCallout idea is a real good one. Fun to follow and to participate in. I'm phone challenged on the course so I'll share my late recap and a couple pics.

First, I just love Millwood, so challenging and beautiful. Driving in I can't help but look down at #18, my personal nemesis. "hmm, isn't that Shane putting out...sumb!tch!?!" He says it's training for 36 at Club Clash, I'm not buying it ... haha.

"Mats Only - lol" Thanks Buddy, for getting that pic on one of the three drivers I hit from my whole bucket. And I was a guest, I never met Mat, so I didn't know he had his own spot. (really we were told drivers only in front of the mats as they didn't have any rubber tees).

Ready to go, life is good / Hole by Hole tragedy below:
4416%20034_zps3tho9ora.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

#1 S / #2 h / #3 D / #4 D / #5 h / #6 S / #7 S / #8 h / #9 h [S +1] #10 h / #11 S / #12 h / #13 D / #14 S / #15 S / #16 h [S 3&2] / #17 D / #18 S
So if you followed that, I did indeed go 0/5/3 on my 8 stroke holes and then 4/2/4 on the other 10. OUCH! and I hit it real well? sucked bad on and around the greens.

The round flipped in a couple minutes for me in retrospect. I was feeling great about my chances after winning #13 to get it to -1. The final 5 holes still included 3 of my alloted 8 pops plus #17, my Millwood beotch (2 birds, 2pars in my 4 prior rounds). Plus I figured Shane might be wearing down after playing 18 earlier. Well, just as I started my teeball takeaway on the par 5 #14 (a stroke hole) the wind (a big factor all day) blew my ball off the tee. At setup I had 'that feeling' it was going to be another good one (most were yesterday) and even quipped about it as I re-teed. Well I simply wasn't careful and never rechecked my alignment and pushed a nice solid drive just a little right, but enough to be OOB at one of Millwood's tighter driving holes, (my only OOB tee shot of the round). Lose that hole, then after missing my birdie putt on the 180 yard next hole, Shane drills his 17 foot bird center cut and just like that I'm dormie 3.

Everytime I've played with Shane he impresses me with the fight he has, regardless how or where his last couple shots went. A couple examples from yesterday:
#4 Shane gets down in 3 from here, after ending up with this lie for his 4th, only because he caught a horrible richocet OOB off the tee on his initial drive. I won this hole to take my first and only lead here, just prior to what IMO was my pivotal mistake. A 3 putt bogey on an easy 20 footer after Shane holed a tough putt for a bogey. An easy par would've put me 2 up and on a 3 hole winning streak.
4416%20036_zps1jxhbp03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#10 Shane was about 10 feet into that crap (I shoulda never pointed out his ball to him ... but never thought he'd play THAT). He chased an innocent little bunny away to advance this one out to the edge of the fairway. Here he's rubbing a boo-boo from a thorn that got him but of course it pays off. He halves #10 (a stroke hole) to retain his +1 edge.
4416%20037_zpsg9j2dk7o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
It was such a fun day Dan.
Your game is really coming along, I love how the new cobra irons are working for you.
Gaining that distance is going to help you a lot this summer :)

Back