2016 Masters Preview - The Dean Has Spoken - THP Radio

I love The Dean has spoken! I have not missed an episode! I normally agree with The Dean ... but I just can't get on the Bubba train ...
It pained me to go that direction.

That was just what I needed for the commute home. Pushing Masters fever even higher! Well done Dean and JB.

Solid picks guys. I think there is at least one other unexpected sleeper out there. (He's one of the affordable guys on my fantasy team this week)

I can't wait until things get started on Thursday.

Great episode gents! Possibly my favourite yet.

Really good episode, enjoyed listening!

I enjoyed this episode a lot and found myself agreeing and nodding with all that was said, which is rare because there are usually a couple of topics I'm on the other side of.

Very well done and thanks for the content

Looking forward to listening on the way in to work tomorrow.

Good stuff gents. I am not one that gets all excited for the Masters for some reason but I enjoyed the show and some of the history involved.

Good stuff gents. I am not one that gets all excited for the Masters for some reason but I enjoyed the show and some of the history involved.

Now thats crazy talk brother. That thread is worth its weight in gold all year long.

Good stuff on there guys. Particularly like the breakdown of why the Masters resonates across eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I think bubba has it this week but I like the other picks for sure. I have zero reason why but I kinda like Keegan this week as a sleeper as well as Moore and Duffner.

I still like Bubba and then Stenson, but I haven't been right lately!

Good stuff on there guys. Particularly like the breakdown of why the Masters resonates across eras.

Thanks. Talking about that course is never too difficult. haha

Show is great. Listened to all THP Radio shows since it's resurgence. Only complaint is the intro/outro music. Yikes. Migraine inducing

Got a chance to finish listening this morning. One day I will make it to Augusta and see the slope everyone talks about in person. I think Stenson will contend, but he doesn't seem like he will put it together to finish it off. It seems like a year one of the top players wins it, but the Masters throws out some surprises every once and a while.

tried to listen last night waiting for my son to get off the bus but got interrupted so i finished it this morning on my way to work. Couple thoughts:

On why the Masters is so special...I agree with Dean on the fact that the venue is so grand that it adds a lot of buzz to the tournament. Having the event at the same course every year fans develop familiarity with it and have their favorite holes and its just easy to love. I think thats why there is a lot of talk every year around the Players Championship about being everyones favorite non major tournament and some wanting it to be the 5th major. Everyone loves the drama of the 17th hole and the island green. Its the same familiarity with Augusta.

I agree that this could be the year for both Rose and Rory. Rose has been playing so solid and putting well, i can see him being a major player this week (although i do not have him on my fantasy team). Rory seems to be approaching this in a more business like manor and that could bode well for him.

Another well done show fellas this one was a very easy listen.

Thanks Phil. We enjoyed it. I think that Dean is spot on with the course, it doesn't hurt that its Augusta National. Part of the allure of this event, is the exclusivity of the course, and for me personally, I don't think a TPC Sawgrass offers that. You are right about the famous hole though.

Finished listening this morning and thought it was another solid episode. Besides, anyone who can fit in a shot at ol' Brandl Chamblee is alright by me.

Just finished listening. JB I agree with your statement that Rory could run way with it, if his driver is on early. There are so many (as you guys discussed) who have a legitimate chance. But he's my pick.

Also Dean, you mentioned some water has been repositioned during the modifications throughout the years. I honestly can't picture that or recall hearing where it was done. Where was it?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks Phil. We enjoyed it. I think that Dean is spot on with the course, it doesn't hurt that its Augusta National. Part of the allure of this event, is the exclusivity of the course, and for me personally, I don't think a TPC Sawgrass offers that. You are right about the famous hole though.
Your right. Look at Jim Hermon after his win last week. Grown man in tears that he not only won but is on his way to Augusta National to play in an event that is home to United States golf's greatest history. I agree that i dont think TPC Sawgrass would have that same effect on someone seeing as anyone can play it. The familiarity is there, but its worlds apart in terms of exclusivity and how special of a place it is

Your right. Look at Jim Hermon after his win last week. Grown man in tears that he not only won but is on his way to Augusta National to play in an event that is home to United States golf's greatest history. I agree that i dont think TPC Sawgrass would have that same effect on someone seeing as anyone can play it. The familiarity is there, but its worlds apart in terms of exclusivity and how special of a place it is

That seems to be the one glaring hole. I don't think other clubs with exclusivity even bordering on this would want what it brings.

Listened to this last night on the way home from work and it was spectacular, as usual. Loved the discussion about the history of the tournament and the course. Neither of my picks matched any of the 4 that were made on the show so we'll see whether that is good or bad for me,

Great conversation guys. The Masters is special because of the tradition and the history and totally agree that it has to do with it being played at Augusta and only at Augusta. Its one of my favorite tournaments of the year.

This was a really fun discussion to listen to. I'm enjoying the podcasts a ton.

To me, the exclusivity of the course is a part of it, but I think it really comes down to history and legacy of the tournament and course - it's a tournament started by Bobby Jones on a course he had a hand in designing.

Great listen and loved the picks. Now need to try and put them to good use!

Back