Jason Finley - The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 6 - THP Radio

I have a feeling that a whole lot of people are going to be listening to this one soon.

I already listened twice!

Had not realized Finley was at Callaway for such a long time. Cool story of coming from running the air cannon in the R&D lab to where he is now.

I NEED to get into the Grandaddy. Unfortunately for me, fortunately for the event and THP, there are also a TON of people that I'm sure feel the same.

I didn't know how Finley got into the golf business and on at Callaway followed by what all he has done there, very cool to hear the background. Air cannon to start a career! Interesting about his favorite product to launch was the Chrome Soft considering how much equipment they've launched throughout the years.

TT XP95's in the irons...unsure why but that kinda surprised me. Desert golf talk was amusing, love it.

Finley said it perfectly, the Grandaddy is something that simply can't be bought...just incredible what it is and an amazing opportunity.

Curly fry, yes!!

The XP 105 in the wedges caught me a bit off guard. Haven't seen that very often.

Good show, always great to hear from the dark side.

Great listen. Love how he said he is constantly updating his bag all the time because he likes to play the latest and greatest, something a lot of us can relate to. Awesome to hear how much he enjoys the Granddaddy, and rightly says it is the single best event in amateur golf.

Great show and listen this morning. It's cool hearing how excited the #zoocrew get for the Grandaddy and how people are vying to get into the event. Glad he sort of answered my question on the hot seat.

I have a feeling that a whole lot of people are going to be listening to this one soon.

I am intending to listen to it during my walk home from work in a couple hours

Sounds like Jason can't put his finger on who's brings game to trash talking

I think the content was good but the sound quality from Jason's was a bit lacking. His digs at THP
fell flat for me kind of like their team in 2016.

I kid of course, the show was entertaining. Jason still falls flat come December! The belt is going to reside in Ohio (God help us) from 2016 on.

Mic drop

Interesting to hear Finley's favorite "TV Show" to watch. He sounds like me, all I do is watch sports and sports center/sports oriented shows (PTI). The more I hear about the members at "The Hideaway" the cooler they sound, looking forward to more info!

Was able to catch part of the podcast on the way to work. Chicago for food? I like that. Also interesting how he basically targeted Callaway as "the" golf company he wanted to work for, and then worked his way through the ranks.

Just finished listening now, Hole in one with chrome soft months before release, how cool!

• Hearing his excitement about events and the drive to have fun just makes you want to play golf with him!
  • Hearing about Zoo Crew's excitement for grandaddy as well is super cool.
  • I know I do the comparison to Callaway and other brands even as a spectator from the side.
  • Meat on pizza, is a great simple answer

I think the content was good but the sound quality from Jason's was a bit lacking.

He took the time out from the road and was on his cell phone from a hotel room in the midwest.

He took the time out from the road and was on his cell phone from a hotel room in the midwest.
I know..I was just messing around. I had commented last night after listened.

Having played for Jason at the 2014 Gauntlet, I know he really cares about this community and what it means to the OEMs in general and Callaway specifically. He cares a lot about his brand and how it interacts with consumers. I could pick up his passion in the interview. I hope others did as well.

News flash! Jason Finley dies not have to wait for release to bag new equipment! Loved the super Internet nerdy rundown of his witb.
Shot 1, zoo crew dominance at the grandaddy

2. Zoo crew on zoo crew crime haha, love it

3. The levels of success by team thp will be different this year!!!

I love the story of Finley being a golfer first coming from working at his local course and moving up the ladder. It explains where his passion comes from. No one can talk trash better than Finley lol

Great episode! I found it really interesting listening to how Finley got his foot in the door at Callaway and the golf industry. I will also say that Finley is one of the best trash talkers I have ever met personally.

The Grandaddy is truly unlike any other event out there for amateur golfers. It is simply incredible and has been an opportunity I have never forgotten or stopped thinking about.

Podcasts are the perfect length for me to listen to going to work. Absolutely love it! Great episode this week too! I must admit (to the dismay of many here) that I too prefer ketchup on hot dogs, but I'm from Pittsburgh. We put ketchup (Heinz only!) on everything haha.

It's great to hear members from the ZooCrew and other companies talk about various things during each episode. Have enjoyed listening to THP Radio on my way to work the past couple of weeks. Always look forward to the next episode!

This was a great listen. Hearing their excitement for the Grandaddy is pretty cool.

Just finished listening. Another great episode. Just don't know about the only ketchup on a hot dog though, but he redeemed himself with his meat answer on pizza. Love where he started with Callaway because he wanted to work with them so bad. Good stuff indeed.

Last edited:
Great listen as usual. Between meat pizza, ketchup on a hotdog, and the curly fries, (and vodka lemonade) it's no wonder I had so much fun playing with Finley. He's a much better trash talker though.

Need to get in and listen to this one!

Thanks to everyone who listened. Always great to talk about The Grandaddy and how much everyone has being a part of it. I'm here if anyone has questions.

Another really good episode. It's pretty cool to hear how he worked his way up to his current job. Great job guys!

Back