Smylie Kaufman Results

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are his results since the beginning of 2018. Do you believe think he is done on the PGA Tour?

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-15%20at%202.15.16%20PM-XL.png

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-15%20at%202.15.29%20PM-XL.png

I'd say so. He hangs out with the right guys you'd think some of that would rub off on him at some point haha

I'm going to go out on a limb here... yeah he done

He has never been the same since the Masters when he was at the top of the leaderboard before collapsing. It’s gotta be tough considering his group of friends and their success. I hope that it comes back but by the look of things I don’t think it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
He has never been the same since the Masters when he was at the top of the leaderboard before collapsing. It’s gotta be tough considering his group of friends and their success. I hope that it comes back but by the look of things I don’t think it will happen.

Yeah, he gifted that one, shooting the big 81. But the following year, I believe he had a number of top 10s.

Wow, multiple rounds in the 80s.

Yeah, he gifted that one, shooting the big 81. But the following year, I believe he had a number of top 10s.

2016 was his best year with 4 top 10’s and a win
2017 1 top 10, and 1 in 2018.

Crazy how quick it can come and go

The guy has the talent to play, but i just think it's between the ears. I don't know enough about him to say if it's attitude or true lack of talent, but it does seem like its a waste of what appears to be decent talent. If i had to make a call right now, he's done.

I wonder if something else is wrong, physically. Isn't he playing on a major medical extension this year?

I wonder if something else is wrong, physically. Isn't he playing on a major medical extension this year?

yes he is I believe.
MRI results showed nothing, but Kaufman spoke about swelling and lack of range of motion.

filed for medical extension last year after his WD

he has 3 starts to turn it around, but chances are heavily in favor of him losing his card

yes he is I believe.
MRI results showed nothing, but Kaufman spoke about swelling and lack of range of motion.

Admire him for trying to get through it then. Lack of motion is not good for this career choice.

I think he probably is done. Last year was pretty sad. My buddy and I would check in on every tournament just to see if Smiley had broken 80. It was SO bad.

Shooting 12 over at the Byron Nelson (2 rounds) when winning score is over 20 under par is quite telling that pretty much everything must be off, and in a bad way. Odds of him becoming a contender on the PGA Tour looks unlikely but who knows if he gets some of the physical stuff sorted out and gets a good Web season under the belt to build some confidence.

Tony Romo beat him at the Byron Nelson.

Nothing against Smylie though, hope he turns it around but he's in a monster slump.

He's done and he's a dbag so Im not feeling bad for him at all

It is not looking good. When you see someone struggle this much it is usually psychological and nothing to do with technique IMO.

Yeah.....just taking up someone else's spot at this point.

I'd say he's done.

Amazingly similar to Steven Bowditch's decline. Bowditch has made 2 cuts in the last two years...one of them happens to be the CareerBuilder Challenge! Despite both him and Smylie having made the cut there, it doesn't appear to have been very career building for either of them...

Amazingly similar to Steven Bowditch's decline. Bowditch has made 2 cuts in the last two years...one of them happens to be the CareerBuilder Challenge! Despite both him and Smylie having made the cut there, it doesn't appear to have been very career building for either of them...

I blame @tadashi70 for this. He knows why.....................

Looks like a yes to me.. Not a good record there

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I blame @tadashi70 for this. He knows why.....................

Hey man, I can’t help it he can’t swing with sudden loud music in his back swing... lol

Back