JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With so much Flash in golf style nowadays, why do we see so few making and even fewer wearing colorful gold gloves?

Never thought about. I wonder how the dying and coloring of the materials would have an effect on durability. I wouldn't be opposed to playing gloves with color.

Because.......D'Annunzio.

Tougher to see the company logo?

I have no idea, I don't get crazy, but have a navy and dark grey Gfore gloves that I break out from time to time.

Durability has always been an issue from the ones i've tested. I usually go black if my glove isn't white. I think Callaway's latest run of colorful gloves lasted better than others.

Durability has always been an issue from the ones i've tested. I usually go black if my glove isn't white. I think Callaway's latest run of colorful gloves lasted better than others.

That was what I was thinking. There would have to be some effect to the leather when dying it.

The bright, solid colors just don't look good to me.

Black, gray, or white with some color/highlights wouldn't bother me.

That was what I was thinking. There would have to be some effect to the leather when dying it.

They don't come black or white, so they are dyed regardless.

I tried a Callaway Opticolor glove, once. They were basically just a dyed version of their Dawn patrol glove, which is very very good. I just didn't see the benefit for the cost over the Callaway gloves I can get from Costco.

The driving range I frequent has these Bender Golf gloves for sale. The owner was trying to sell me one and I tried one on. They were very comfortable, but I wasn't in the market for gloves and not sure I'd wear something like this anyway.

https://www.bendergloves.com/collections/golf-glove

They don't come black or white, so they are dyed regardless.

I understand that I am saying maybe there is something in trying to get them to penetrate or how many dyes they need. Like to get a bright color you would have to dye it white, then another color not just from its standard brown to yellow.

I honestly have no idea if that is really the case it just made sense in my head and when Mike_g confirmed the gloves with color he has used have durability issues it seemed to confirm.

Edit: now synthetic gloves I could see a ton of colors.

Would they be willing to make “both” gloves any color I wanted? Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried them, looked cool, but in the end after playing in the heat and sweating in the glove which was blue it made me look like I did naughty things to a smurf.

I always want to match my belt, hence white on white.

Id say its because color golf gloves are still seen as being kind of taboo or silly. I do like some of the colorful designs you see on golf gloves but no way would I ever wear one. Its just classic white for me.

color gloves? what's next, shorts on the course and spikeless turf shoes?!

Probably because they are ugly?

I don't know but I wish there were color options that were affordable. I think it was Kickstarter where I saw some colorful gloves and they looked awesome. I'd be all over them if they were easily available.

When did white even become the norm? Seems like a lot of old footage of Jack and Arnie has them in black or brown gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wear solid colors like navy, dark green, etc , but I think major manufacturers wouldn't make them even.. kind of the stuffiness of golf to stick to the "proper"/ traditional White glove.. emulates the bougie side of living since golf was historically a rich person's game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've got an orange Zero Friction One-Size-Fits-All golf glove. Absolutely love it.

Have noticed after a year's use, that the color is rubbing off on it. Not the end of the world, its a year old right.

I think that the glove is maybe one of the last "traditional" items. It has been white for a very long time. The white matches everything.

download.jpgdownload.jpg

I guess junior players might like this. I'll stay with white

I played the callaway opticolor blue, green and black a few years back. I liked the quality tried to match with what I was wearing then realized I looked ridiculous haha

Back