Pat Perez PXG Driver Break Today on Range

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is funny. Its like @Mward shafted it up. He did the ole look around to see if anybody saw it : )

97b7d8c951ef6491fe7626d2f974c309.gif

Kinda says more about PXG to me. “No one has their clubs break like we do. Period.”

It does look like an mward job.

PXGarbage amirite!?

Wardy shaft job.

Had that happen to me once at a driving range back in the early '90s ... back when you could still buy components from the Golfsmith catalog. Difference, though, was no cameras around to capture it and spread it all over the internet (and, well, I surely wasn't on the PGA Tour).

Not a good look when you are trying to charge them prices. I'm sure it has happened to plenty of pros from other OEMs

Kinda says more about PXG to me. “No one has their clubs break like we do. Period.”

Harold Varner just had a problem with a Callaway driver on the range in March.

John Senden's shaft snapped on course late last year (TPT) I think.

Do we even know if it was the PXG head, glue job, or the MCA shaft that broke?

I'm not saying PXG quality is perfect, but all the OEM's have occasional defective products and there have been plenty make it into tour hands.

Thats pretty funny. Glad it was on the range and not the course!

Good thing he was on the end and not in the middle of a group.

It's funny because I've only had this happen once... and it was with Mward's club he had built himself...

I felt awful sending his club head down range, I feel better now knowing it wasn't me, it was him.

How's the commercial go? oh yea that's right... "BOOM BABY!"

MWard just got hit by a bus in this thread. Great to see that on camera

I had a driver head fly off several years ago. A coworker had built it for me and I loved the driver. Was hitting balls at the Coeur d'Alene resort range (which is the lake) a year after he made it. The head flew off and out into the lake.

Head Tour Rep from PXG:

Stuff happens like this to all companies. No reason to pile on PXG for this.

Kaboom baby!!! Fore!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like that head went farther than some of my drives today.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

6253aa3e6160c3bd21eeeffb2f061841.gif

Wow, that’s a lot of crap thrown at PXG about the product before it was found to be human error. Necessary?

I sent an M1 about 100 yards down hole 3 with a brand new Kuro Kage shaft shearing off at the adapter.

I had an Evenflow Blue 6.5 splinter on a brand new Rogue less than 100 shots in at the Sim, although after talking to the dealer that I got it from, this was a known issue. It looked kinda like this (or EXACTLY like this since it was this:)).

Harold Varner just had a problem with a Callaway driver on the range in March.

John Senden's shaft snapped on course late last year (TPT) I think.

Do we even know if it was the PXG head, glue job, or the MCA shaft that broke?

I'm not saying PXG quality is perfect, but all the OEM's have occasional defective products and there have been plenty make it into tour hands.

You're right and I know you're a fan, but golf equipment is priced ridiculously, so when you're charging double everyone else's already ridiculous prices and put your equipment way out of the range of everyone but the 1%, you better believe the 99% are going to laugh and joke when this happens. Comes with the territory imo.

You're right and I know you're a fan, but golf equipment is priced ridiculously, so when you're charging double everyone else's already ridiculous prices and put your equipment way out of the range of everyone but the 1%, you better believe the 99% are going to laugh and joke when this happens. Comes with the territory imo.

Not true anymore on the drivers. Prices have come down to just above that of Callaway and TM.

Back