Cut Matte Golf Balls Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried them last year thanks to THP Markm but they were not for me. Color was great (yellow) but I just can’t get over the slick feeling matte balls like this one, the Duo, Bridgestone e, etc.

Just prefer the grabby feeling mattes like the Supersoft, Superhot Bold And Volvik Vivid

This a repost however true:
Nice Review Gary, based on my experience with the same ball, you review is spot on.
They are fun to play with, a great value and if you are inclined to use a 3pc Surlyn ball, it's a great option.

This a repost however true:
Nice Review Gary, based on my experience with the same ball, you review is spot on.
They are fun to play with, a great value and if you are inclined to use a 3pc Surlyn ball, it's a great option.

Thanks! I spent a lot of time with them and then made sure to get a bunch of opinions/ on course usage from others because this type of ball is polarizing. I liked it but I can imagine I wouldn’t in the fall when the leaves negate the visual benefit.

Tried them last year thanks to THP Markm but they were not for me. Color was great (yellow) but I just can’t get over the slick feeling matte balls like this one, the Duo, Bridgestone e, etc.

Just prefer the grabby feeling mattes like the Supersoft, Superhot Bold And Volvik Vivid

Trust me, you aren’t alone. I heard this from a few folks in person (who turned their nose up at a few free golf balls in doing so). People have preferences and I say run with them.

Interesting packaging for sure. Looks like they want to market to the kids here. I don't mind a matte ball and I like the orange color here.

Interesting packaging for sure. Looks like they want to market to the kids here. I don't mind a matte ball and I like the orange color here.

Maybe, although they did succeed in making packaging that stands out. A little confusing given the business model, but it stands out.

Maybe, although they did succeed in making packaging that stands out. A little confusing given the business model, but it stands out.

It certainly stands out but you can barely tell they are golf balls inside. Outside packaging should show the ball at the very least. Inside packaging works as is but this just screams amateur imo

Back