Pancake vs Waffle

Waffles, but you can't go wrong with either.

Waffle's. Pancakes are boring.

In the words of Stewie Griffin "Click, click pancakes"

Both are good, but leaning waffle on this one. Syrup stays where I put it instead of running all over the plate and into other delicious breakfast accompaniments.

Pancakes - quicker to make.

Scarnici made a good point on Twitter though ... french toast. Yeah, that's the ultimate breakfast food.

Last edited:
I like both, but pancakes for me. We ate a thinner version of pancakes, almost crepe like - growing up. Pretty simple recipe that has been handed down in the family. We started putting ice cream in them and drizzling chocolate sauce or strawberries on them for dessert. They are fantastic!

Waffles for me. I don't mind pancakes, but I really like waffles.

It's close but I'll take waffles over pancakes

Waffles - I like the extra crunchiness and built in syrup containers.

I come down on the side of waffles, but I do enjoy a good pancake as well.

I had to go with waffle but some of that choice is because there are so many things that I put on them. I guess I could try fruit, chocolate, whipped cream, Nutella and the rest on pancakes too but I like the little squares that hold all that stuff.

Waffle because the syrup stays contained.

Waffles lose heat to fast. But I will say waffles at brunch is a must.

Pancake...more to eat.

I prefer waffles. The pockets hold the toppings vs the smooth surface of the pancakes. Additionally, even if the waffles are not prepared properly, they are less likely to be akin to saddle blankets.

I'm going with pancakes. I'm just not a big waffle guy. To much work to make.

I'm a waffle kind of person, just enjoy them more, they are both versatile with toppings or ingredients, but just enjoy the texture and taste of a waffle better.

I love me some pancakes!! Waffles are a solid second choice, given the two....

I like both but given the choice waffles win every time. They built in syrup holders in every piece.

Waffle.

I love them all, and sometimes I make a panaffle, which is making a waffle using pancake batter.

If I had to choose, I would pick pancake because I find it to be more versatile, but really both are great. I also agree with others, french toast is amazing too. Basically if it's a carbohydrate and it's breakfast, I will more than likely like it.

Chocolate chip waffles with peanut butter and syrup on them.

I do enjoy a pancake wrapped around a sausage link on a stick, corn dog style. That is a pretty good combo.

Waffles any day. Need the crispiness to hold up to the many types of toppings that you can use. Pancakes just turn into a mushy pile of bread.

Back