Low Torque/High Launch Shaft

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Alright so full disclosure I'm an idiot when it comes to shaft knowledge, I have a tendency to go off of feel more than anything, so right/wrong/indifferent that's where I'm coming from!

For the last couple years I've gone off of shafts that have felt good/stable to me but also was giving me results I was looking for. What I have found is that I prefer the feel of a low torque shaft, i.e. HZRDUS Black or Smoke. But I know I'm probably leaving some distance on the table with such a low launch and need to find my unicorn shaft.

So here's what I'm looking for, shaft recommendations for a low torque shaft, hopefully keeps the feel for me where I want it, but then helps me elevate the ball and get a higher launch which hopefully should lead to longer carry drives.

Now I know a swing change can help as well, and lessons are already scheduled, so hopefully my negative attack angles on driver could at least be neutral!

What say you THP???

Based on specs, I think the Accra TZ6 would fit the bill pretty good for what you are looking for. I haven't hit it myself. Was very close to pulling the trigger on it. But, it's getting a lot of great feedback. I think the 65 gram version is in the low to mid 2's for torque rating. The 75 gram version is like 2.1 torque.

https://accragolf.com/tz5-tz6/

I prefer shafts the same way. I like them to feel stable but I need help with launch because my swing is flat. Usually low torque and mid/high launch is tough to find and when you do its expensive. Tour AD DI-6s is around 3* torque and high launch but your talking $380 and Paderson Kinetixx Launch series is 3* and mid/high launch at $275. The only cheap option I can think of is the Prolaunch Blue which is 2.8* and high launch at $50.

I may be a bit biased but have you tried EF Blue or HZRDUS Red. Both pretty low torque, the Red is every bit as stable as the Black but in a higher launching design.

DB

I may be a bit biased but have you tried EF Blue or HZRDUS Red. Both pretty low torque, the Red is every bit as stable as the Black but in a higher launching design.

DB
I tried the blue and it didn't feel as I would have liked, but the Red has been on my ponder list for a while, will be sure to find one to test in this next set.

Back