Ice cube putters.

Breaking 79

Ankle
Reaction score
Handicap
So I was killing time at roger Dunn last night and looking at putters and the sales dude was pushing this on me like no other. Must have been some type of store competition.

Anyway the look cool, but not a whole lot of info out there. Anyone have any info on these.

http://icecubeputter.com

I think I'll pass. Good luck to them though.

Weird. Hard pass but good luck to them. Interesting concept to sell people on.

It does not appeal to me, I would have to roll one for it to stand a chance at changing my mind to consider them.

My thoughts exactly. The putting green at rd is about 5'x5' can't really get a feel for it. Love living in Hawaii but club buying is atrocious.

That's a pretty slick idea. If there was one in the store, I'd pick it up to test.

Also: If they made actual putters that melted, maybe we could resolve the pace of play problems? :laughing:

I'd try it before brushing it aside, who knows, may feel great! Have to try it to see though.

Seems weird to me, but to each their own!

Seems a little steep for an acrylic putter? Maybe people will buy it.

For some reason, reading about the design and looking at the head shape, this putter reminds me of a training aid, I once read about, from the late 60's - early 70's (if I remember correct) in which you mounted a mirror apparatus to the top off the putter, and as you stared down at the top line of the putter, you could actually see where you were aiming. It would be kind of cool if they could design a similar feature into these clear acrylic heads. It already looks like from the heel shape, that if you cut the right concaves on to the head you could either project light in the direction the face was truly pointed, or you could arrange a way to view the ball path through looking through the club face itself.

Saw these when I lived in Weatherford, TX a couple of years ago. Several older guys at Canyon West golf course we're gaming them.

They looked like a hunk of acrylic with a plastic coffee stir stick stuck thru the body for a site line.

IIRC, at least one of the users was putting with a side saddle stroke.

An acrylic head? Interesting but I think for the price I will pass. Look kind of cool but nothing I would game. Just doesn't suit my eye at all. And seems like that would be scratched up and look horrid in no time.

Interesting, but I'll pass. They missed a valuable advertising opportunity though :wink:

daRH2cZl.png

Back