The very very very large family

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can spend their money how they like last time I checked.

Then again we could get into the whole moral obligation put forward by Thomas Pogge to stop poverty.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I dig it, just means good deals on used and close outs. My skill level is such that a new 400+ dollar driver is a waste. But, picking up that same driver a year later for 150ish bucks from Globalgolf and others is a great value.

How about 2 years later? The tech hasn't changed that much lol

How about 2 years later? The tech hasn't changed that much lol

According to who? What if someone can gain 10-15 yards in 2 years? Is that worth it? I just don't see why you think you can make these sweeping generalizations

All 4 of these are the exact same head, some a different color, some a different shaft. It's almost like buying a vehicle, except there are far more customization options and the dealer or manufacturer don't get criticized for offering more than one choice.

Ahhhhh so why not release them at the same time to give the buyer all the options at once??!

You don't manufacture a vehicle and release 7 different options at 4 different times. You release a vehicle with all the options at one time. So, when you go to buy the said vehicle...you are looking at everything on one playing field. Thus preventing you from saying, man I wish I would've seen that black one with the TP sticker six months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you can play just as well with those old used clubs as you can your new set of Callaways? Lol

Just saying the market is saturated with golf equipment at high prices...good or bad?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Again how does that effect you? Golf equipment is expensive and it has not effect on you or your placket book unless you want to buy it all. Arguing about a situation you can't control or change is an exercise in futility.

People can spend their money how they like last time I checked.

Then again we could get into the whole moral obligation put forward by Thomas Pogge to stop poverty.

Incredible! This is an open discussion. One that some people don't like for whatever reason. But I've never said you as an individual should spend your $$ a certain way. It's ur cash. Blow it however ya want bud.

Incredible! This is an open discussion. One that some people don't like for whatever reason. But I've never said you as an individual should spend your $$ a certain way. It's ur cash. Blow it however ya want bud.

You sort of just helped verify my point.

I don't see it as a bad thing, that you can get drivers at seriously marked down prices so soon after their launch.
I don't see it as a bad thing either since I never buy new, but as it pertains to TM it's interesting that a year 2015 model R15 is going for around the same price as a year 2013 model Ping G25. I hope the sales from the frequent releases make up for how quickly it seems the value goes down for the previous ones.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Again how does that effect you? Golf equipment is expensive and it has not effect on you or your placket book unless you want to buy it all. Arguing about a situation you can't control or change is an exercise in futility.
Not arguing or trying to control something...just discussing an issue..Lol

As you can tell this discussion has happened several times and the majority of people like options. More than that, its a discussion that has not up side for those that don't like options, because the OEMS aren't listening. Post after post against you love for one release every Hayley's comet have been stated.

You sort of just helped verify my point.

So it's bad to discuss? Or give opinions? I guess it is if your not a THP lifer of sorts. Even though that is what is preached. Just saying. I have an opinion let me have it. In this whole damn thread I never once said that another's opinion wasn't their own, or they couldn't spend their $$$ how they wanted. Just said I think there's too much product out there. Lol.

When people say that, the gear honks come out and slam the door shut. It's an opinion....

Ahhhhh so why not release them at the same time to give the buyer all the options at once??!

In the case of the R15 they did release all of them at the same time. Some of the older releases like the SLDR or R1 they didn't release the colors at the same time, but I do think they should have.

I don't see it as a bad thing either since I never buy new, but as it pertains to TM it's interesting that a year 2015 model R15 is going for around the same price as a year 2013 model Ping G25. I hope the sales from the frequent releases make up for how quickly it seems the value goes down for the previous ones.

Never once has ANYONE said it's a bad thing. Just disagree with it.

According to who? What if someone can gain 10-15 yards in 2 years? Is that worth it? I just don't see why you think you can make these sweeping generalizations
Are you missing the food from KC yet? I've never been to KC but I know the grub is great. I know Texas has some good eats, but does it compare to your previous residence?

It's not an issue unless you make it one. Very few have an issue with options or releases because they buy what they want and don't give the other releases a second look. But their buddy likes that other option and the one after and the one after that.

Never once has ANYONE said it's a bad thing. Just disagree with it.
Dude, I just quoted and agreed with another post and made an example that I thought showed TMs frequent releases does devalue them quickly...which is not a bad thing if you like TM. I wanted a G25, but settled for the R1 cause it was cheaper.

So it's bad to discuss? Or give opinions? I guess it is if your not a THP lifer of sorts. Even though that is what is preached. Just saying. I have an opinion let me have it. In this whole damn thread I never once said that another's opinion wasn't their own, or they couldn't spend their $$$ how they wanted. Just said I think there's too much product out there. Lol.

When people say that, the gear honks come out and slam the door shut. It's an opinion....

Yeah, you're right. Guess I should have left the first time.

Trust me. It seems like we are arguing. We aren't, I know that. I just think it's funny when someone has an opinion on something that some disagree with.m and then in turn gets called out essentially for discussing that opinion against someone who disagrees. Then they say "it's just our opinion". Lol makes zero sense

Trust me. It seems like we are arguing. We aren't, I know that. I just think it's funny when someone has an opinion on something that some disagree with.m and then in turn gets called out essentially for discussing that opinion against someone who disagrees. Then they say "it's just our opinion". Lol makes zero sense
Investment potential of mass produced cast wedges is an opinion?

I was waiting for this. You started a thread that most don't agree with. They are offering their opinion, which most agree with. No lifers in this thread just people that don't agree

I understand your view, dude. I honestly do.

Some people get butt hurt either way, regardless of the discussion.

I like options, I think they are great for the INFORMED consumer. I also think Golf Retailers need a better job of having an informed sales staff focused on getting the right equipment to the right golfer, instead of just toting the sales line of "SWAT" Sell Whats Available Today.

The only people that it really bother is though that need to have the latest and greatest.

Take cars for instance. What if FORD only offers the Taurus. How much of the market share would they have with one model? And it's been there number one selling at for a while if I recall correctly. However if they were only producing one car...would they be able to provide a vehicle to a wide range of customers?

Yeah, you're right. Guess I should have left the first time.

You can't just discuss it. You get defensive because I have an opinion you disagree with. I don't get it man. Your opinion is the only one that Maters? I know that's not THPs mantra...not one I abide by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back