Callaway SuperHot 55 Golf Ball Thread

I loved the ChromeSfot, and really liked playing with the TruVis on them. This year the new ones play a bit firmer, which lead to me trying the SuperHot 55's that have a softer feel around the green.

I liked last year's ChromeSoft better than this year's, so based on your feedback the Superhot 55 might be a nice compromise between the 2...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Chromesoft going to 4 layers in 2016 and the SuperHot 55 being a 3 piece ball is it last year's Chromesoft at a lower compression?

With the Chromesoft going to 4 layers in 2016 and the SuperHot 55 being a 3 piece ball is it last year's Chromesoft at a lower compression?

No
The SuperHot 55 is a surlyn covered ball. The ChromeSoft is urethane.

The SuperHot is more comparable to the Supersoft but is a 3pc ball. The Supersoft is 2pc.

Probably the closest comparison in terms of being 3pc and surlyn would be the Bridgestone e6.

No
The SuperHot 55 is a surlyn covered ball. The ChromeSoft is urethane.

The SuperHot is more comparable to the Supersoft but is a 3pc ball. The Supersoft is 2pc.

Probably the closest comparison in terms of being 3pc and surlyn would be the Bridgestone e6.

Thanks. I've been playing the Supersoft and really like it. Guess I am going to have to give the SuperHot (and the new Chromesoft) a try.

Callaway SuperHot 55 Golf Ball Thread

Bought a box of these and give them a try. They sound very comparable to the e6 which I really like. And they come in yellow also.
b1929dbf79efbd1d5dfd13542f4c31ba.jpg

Put these in play today. Loved them off the tee or any shot where distance was important. The feel was great, not mushy at all. Jury is still out on them around the green though. Had some shots release on me more than expected. May be able to adjust to it with a little more trajectory and/or landing them shorter.

Played another round with these today and still love them of the tee. Had a lot better distance control with them today, so they are earning a spot in the bag for a while.

Played another round with these today and still love them of the tee. Had a lot better distance control with them today, so they are earning a spot in the bag for a while.

Good to hear, played a sleeve in cold weather and need to try these under better playing conditions.

Good to hear, played a sleeve in cold weather and need to try these under better playing conditions.

One thing I think helped was using a little more loft around the green. Shots I would normally use my 54* I used the 58* instead. Could have also been I played a course with a little slower greens than the day before also. But that seemed to help. Used the club to help add some spin I lost with the ball.

Putting these in play in a tournament next week. Excited to play 4 rounds back to back with them. Guess you could say my confidence level in them is pretty high..

bought a dozen of these after being a loyal player of the supersoft and chrome soft 2015. Very similar to the super soft but I was getting easily 10-15 yards more on drives. Think I found my gamer for this summer....

I think this is a great ball but I wish it had the number 55 stamped on it instead of the normal numbers.

I got a great deal at Costco for the normal superhot and I thought they were great balls but the 55 is much better cause I like a soft ball.

Just picked up a sleeve about a week ago to test them out and while the ball is ok in the fairway/drives it's not up to my liking around the green. At least for me, it just releases too much. Still prefer my RX.

If I've learned anything from Wilson, it's that lower compression can be pretty awesome. Going to need to track a sleeve down to try out.

~Rock

I've played this ball the past two rounds and the short game is not the shinning moment for this ball, at least for this guy. I'm getting too much run out on pitches and chips versus' the Chrome Soft and Bridgestone RSX. Just can't sacrifice that part of my game for the tee game advantages I've seen with this ball.

I've played this ball the past two rounds and the short game is not the shinning moment for this ball, at least for this guy. I'm getting too much run out on pitches and chips versus' the Chrome Soft and Bridgestone RSX. Just can't sacrifice that part of my game for the tee game advantages I've seen with this ball.

Makes sense.
Urethane vs Surlyn. Not a fair comparison when it comes to spin. Urethane will win every time.

I have been playing the Supersoft. Bought a dozen Superhot 55's yesterday and played 18 today. I gained about 20 yards carry on my drive with more roll out , and about 5-10 on my irons. I needed the added distance so it was a welcome advantage. Putting was another story, the ball is somewhat harder than the supersoft and it will take a little getting used to not to overshoot the hole. No problem with sticking on greens with my wedges.

Makes sense.
Urethane vs Surlyn. Not a fair comparison when it comes to spin. Urethane will win every time.

Agreed - wanted to make it work but sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

I put this ball through the paces yesterday, comparing it to the Q-Star and the E6.
The Superhot 55 was longer of the tee than both the Q-Star & E6, but the E6 out performed it near the green.
All in all, the Superhot 55 is a really good ball.

Dax

I have been playing the Supersoft. Bought a dozen Superhot 55's yesterday and played 18 today. I gained about 20 yards carry on my drive with more roll out , and about 5-10 on my irons. I needed the added distance so it was a welcome advantage. Putting was another story, the ball is somewhat harder than the supersoft and it will take a little getting used to not to overshoot the hole. No problem with sticking on greens with my wedges.

Made a decision.
Supersoft for winter 40-55 degrees.
Superhot 55 for summer, over 55 degrees.
There you go.

If I understand it correctly, the Superhot was last year's replacement for the X2Hot (which was, and still is, my favorite ball). If the 55 is this year's replacement for the Superhot, how does it compare to the X2Hot?

If I understand it correctly, the Superhot was last year's replacement for the X2Hot (which was, and still is, my favorite ball). If the 55 is this year's replacement for the Superhot, how does it compare to the X2Hot?

Compression difference for sure. SuperHot 55 is well 55. And the prior generations (SuperHot '15 and HexHots) had a higher compression. Don't quote me but I thought I remembered reading it to be around 80-90 mark.

Compression difference for sure. SuperHot 55 is well 55. And the prior generations (SuperHot '15 and HexHots) had a higher compression. Don't quote me but I thought I remembered reading it to be around 80-90 mark.

Thanks, erock. I wasn't sure about the compression with the X2Hot. I'll give the 55's a shot, but I'm thinking maybe the Superhot '15 might be better for me.

Golf-info-guide rates all golf balls.I've used Titleist Velocity thats rated High compression to my surprise.Switched to Bridgestone B330RX (rated Mid compression) for the 85-105 Swing speed crowd and didn't see much difference except for cost. Pro V1 is Mid, Pro V1x is High for example. Callaway has several low compression balls,the new 55 probably the lowest sounds interesting.The right ball with the right swing is a winner, just so many choices make it tough.

Back