Turned into a Honma kinda day yesterday

golfdawg

Reaction score
Handicap
Picked up a TW737 450 Driver and 3 wood, for combined price of 155.00 shipped. Being a sucker for JDM, they getting solid reviews, and the stock shafts being impressive for a lot of people i thought would be worth a try.

Picked up a TW737 450 Driver and 3 wood, for combined price of 155.00 shipped. Being a sucker for JDM, they getting solid reviews, and the stock shafts being impressive for a lot of people i thought would be worth a try.

PGA SS online?

that was the spot that started my interest, then shopped around

The hybrids are nice too. I have never hit the driver so let us know how you like it.

Enjoy! Looking forward to your thoughts.

Enjoy! Looking forward to your thoughts.

+1
CC.jpg

Be interested in your thoughts.

Been playing the best golf of my life with the 747 series! Also got the entire line for a fraction of retail. Best woods and irons Ive played in a long time. JDM quality, feel and sound. Glad I got in early.

Been playing the best golf of my life with the 747 series! Also got the entire line for a fraction of retail. Best woods and irons Ive played in a long time. JDM quality, feel and sound. Glad I got in early.

Can you share where you are getting them from? I have seen some good pricing on ebay but they usually sell for decent money by the end of the auction.

Can you share where you are getting them from? I have seen some good pricing on ebay but they usually sell for decent money by the end of the auction.

yeah its the stuff on eBay, I got all of them from the auctions on eBay sellers ksouth9 and quickshopgolf. New iron sets going from $500-$600. hybrids and 3 wood I got for $110 each. Driver I paid a little over $300 but that was a one-off seller who had the Vizard FD shaft I wanted. At least 50% off retail is a steal for 2019 stuff and the stuff to me is better than anything Ive tried this year and Ive tried a lot!! lol

Well the Driver is out for delivery here to the office, so if it gets here before lunch i will give it a few swings at lunch.
Like to get your thoughts on the sound of the Driver.

Great purchase at an amazing price. Enjoy them!

Looking forward to your thoughts on them. I've been tempted lately as well, but so far I've held off....

Driver did not get here in time, was here after i got back from lunch, but should hit it Wednesday

Forgot to mention also found a 737P 4 iron with their Vizard 70 graphite shaft in it that i got for about 30 shipped, just to see what their 737P looked and felt like, and the Vizard iron shafts performed.

Last edited:
I don’t have time right now for a deep dive but I am playing a bag full of Honma this year. T World 747driver, 3 wood, 3 and 4 hybrid, 5-10 747 V forged irons with Pro Modus 120 shafts.

Started out with just the driver as I am a high spin player and at a driver fitting the tech doing my fitting asked me to just try it as it wasn’t on my radar. Spin dropped 500rpm and gained 4 mph ball speed over the next best driver I tested and I hit everything and every shaft that day!

The success with the driver led me to try out the rest of the line and I was sold. I went to the Honma Experiences and was fitted by their tech for everything including re-confirming the driver spec.

The irons are insane and I was playing the Srixon Z785’s with the same shaft and the Honmas won out. Not by much, but enough to switch.

While testing long irons vs hybrids the tech had me hit the cast iron with a Vizard graphite shaft as a possible replacement for 3 and 4 irons. The shaft was very good but I commented that I didn’t know if I was wanting graphite in my long irons. The tech smirked and told me they were actually the same tech as Steel Fibers. Apparently Honma did the initial tech and sold the design to Steel Fiber. Said basically it’s just a different paint job on the Vizard shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So going on two months with Honma in the bag and still loving everything. The only thing that didn't work was the wedges but did get some TM Milled Grind which are working great. I did pick up this to try this weekend will report back but here are some pics. It looks awesome, really compact blade length.

IMG_2561.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2560 2.jpeg

Well i have to say i am impressed with the 450 driver and 3 wood, couldn't tell you if i hit it longer than my F9 Driver and 3 wood, but honestly it felt easier to hit.

The red low kick point shafts, are fairly stable, and you feel the kick at the bottom of the swing and it gets the ball up quickly. Driver has a metallic crack, but not loud, and the 3 wood sounds best of the two, with a solid crack, but soft in a way.

I don’t have time right now for a deep dive but I am playing a bag full of Honma this year. T World 747driver, 3 wood, 3 and 4 hybrid, 5-10 747 V forged irons with Pro Modus 120 shafts.

Started out with just the driver as I am a high spin player and at a driver fitting the tech doing my fitting asked me to just try it as it wasn’t on my radar. Spin dropped 500rpm and gained 4 mph ball speed over the next best driver I tested and I hit everything and every shaft that day!

The success with the driver led me to try out the rest of the line and I was sold. I went to the Honma Experiences and was fitted by their tech for everything including re-confirming the driver spec.

The irons are insane and I was playing the Srixon Z785’s with the same shaft and the Honmas won out. Not by much, but enough to switch.

While testing long irons vs hybrids the tech had me hit the cast iron with a Vizard graphite shaft as a possible replacement for 3 and 4 irons. The shaft was very good but I commented that I didn’t know if I was wanting graphite in my long irons. The tech smirked and told me they were actually the same tech as Steel Fibers. Apparently Honma did the initial tech and sold the design to Steel Fiber. Said basically it’s just a different paint job on the Vizard shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very interesting on the iron shafts,

JDM is the sizzle

Back