THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

I think they are like 140-150 yards out
Sorry, 140-150 out from green or tee box? I was guessing 200 to them from the tee box?

Sorry, 140-150 out from green or tee box? I was guessing 200 to them from the tee box?

I'm estimating distance to the green based on course preview on my Garmin g7

Any way of telling distance to approx. where people are standing in fairway on 2nd hole?

Edit: Whatever distance is to where people are standing, add 1 club and carve it around the corner.

200ish.

5e20dbde369c72bc7a22a964c566e294.jpg

As a fader with fairways and longer irons this hole sets up nicely for me, probably an HWood off the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess was in the ballpark... 3w and let it leak right

I hate this hole already. Anyone know what the corner looks like? Are there trees there guarding the "short way home?" Playing straight out to the dogleg I'm in between 4 hybrid and 5 iron--neither of which is an ideal tee club for me (for now).

I hate this hole already. Anyone know what the corner looks like? Are there trees there guarding the "short way home?" Playing straight out to the dogleg I'm in between 4 hybrid and 5 iron--neither of which is an ideal tee club for me (for now).

there are trees(at least last time I was there).

So what you're saying is you're going to hit a super pretty ball flight off the tee to the corner of the dogleg.

FIFY of sorts

Hit my usual fade with a 5W and I should be in ok. Maybe even hybrid.

*J15 3H J15 DPF PW CX2/Nead8802 1 putt

(*Format dependent/partner dependent)

*J15 DPF PW J15 DPF PW CX2/Nead8802 1 putt

(*Format dependent/partner dependent)

FIFY. Time to unleash your simulator PW

hole sets up for a nice little "sissy" fade off the tee

FIFY. Time to unleash your simulator PW

OITW can unleash his "simulator wedges" whenever he wants, as long as its not around the green.

hole sets up for a nice little "sissy" fade off the tee

Haha, my problem is that my fade tends to be much more masculine than 'sissy'

Looks like mother nature is raining on our parade a bit here. So let's start thinking about the venue.

Here's hole #1

hole01lrg.jpg

A pretty wide open par 5 - though there's some water down the left, the trouble on this hole is the sand around the green - you can't really see it in the picture, but there's a bunker in front of the mouth of the green - anyone going for it in two is going to have to make sure they carry to the green. What's your approach here?

I'm an aggressive player so I'm going for it in 2. I also don't like laying up to a certain distance and would rather be 30 yards away than 100 yards. Also, my miss is to the right so I'd aim at the middle of the green knowing worst case I lose it out to the right where there is plenty of room.

Hole #2: I think I'm taking my 4 wood out. I'll play my little fade which wouldn't reach the bunkers. Should leave a nice short approach. Although I'm not gonna lie, driver would be tempting here, haha.

Taking a 3W at the middle/right bunker should work for hole #2. I'm with Stan, driver here wouldn't be all bad.

while not in the competition (at least not yet..lol) I hope its ok to play some holes along the way here anyway :) just for fun and for good golf hole planning practice and just in case NY/NJ needs my charm after all.

For #2 I say its play this fairly easy par4 for what its offering. A 5i to the leg or a 4h a bit further up the leg and then a 9i or pw or even gw (depending where you land).
Basically attempt to execute a couple of not so difficult shots for an easy par and hope for a good look at birdie chance putt if all is done well.

A 200 yard 5i...pardon me big hitter..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Driver right along the bend, simple tee shot

A 200 yard 5i...pardon me big hitter..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#BallGoFar I have a 200yd 5 iron as well, I duff it 40yds then hit it 160 lol

Back