2016 Masters Preview - The Dean Has Spoken - THP Radio

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Radio is back with a bang in 2016 and today we are continuing with our new show called The Dean Has Spoken. Tackling on demand audio for the world of golf like never before, each episode will be filled with controversial topics where both sides will be presented and the Dean of THP will sound off on them.

Five Topics
Ten Arguments
Only One Right Answer

This Episode
Our Special 2016 Masters Preview
Augusta National History
Best Shots at Masters Ever
Favorite Holes at Augusta
Favorites & Sleepers
and of course THP Predictions
And so much more

Join us by listening at the link below, or as always you can find us on iTunes at The Hackers Paradise.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/2016-masters-preview-the-dean-has-spoken/

Time to give this one a listen. May even influence my fantasy picks a tad.

Will give this a listen on the way home tonight.
Thanks for the heads up.. Lovin The Masters

Yessir!!!

21c209302390b6cf7747643af29feef7.jpg

enjoy JB going chalk everyone. haha

• Admin
Haha. One of us went chalk just as much as the other...#PickStealer

shouldn't have changed it up, see what happens when I don't get the last word? Fun show, I hope people enjoy it.

• Admin
shouldn't have changed it up, see what happens when I don't get the last word? Fun show, I hope people enjoy it.

It was a fun show and I think people will really enjoy it leading up to the Masters kicking off.

Good show guys!!! Enjoyable listen.

I think Stenson is one to look out for this week. Has just played super solid this year and I think could put it together as one of the dark horses of the tournament. Hoping to see him do well.

Just finished listening! Well done! Lots of Master's history along with a whole lot of reasons why people will or will not win. Very entertaining!! I think it's Bubba's turn again this year!!

I like Stenson as a sleeper, just not sure if he can keep it together for all 4 rounds plus his putting is not as consistent as some others.

I think Stenson is one to look out for this week. Has just played super solid this year and I think could put it together as one of the dark horses of the tournament. Hoping to see him do well.

he's a dark horse? I don't disagree with him as one to look out for

Can he really be a dark horse?
We kind of outlined why that is in the show.

I like Stenson as a sleeper, just not sure if he can keep it together for all 4 rounds plus his putting is not as consistent as some others.

Can he be a sleeper? I mean he is a top player now isn't he?

Stenson is definitely not a sleeper. Every publication I've read has him in the top 10 this week.

Stenson is definitely not a sleeper. Every publication I've read has him in the top 10 this week.

when we put together the list of 10, I had him right at that 10-11 mark. He's a contender.

he's a dark horse? I don't disagree with him as one to look out for

Can he really be a dark horse?
We kind of outlined why that is in the show.

I guess dark horse was a little drastic. I just meant outside of the top 5 favorites, I think he might have the best shot.

And yep, got to the end, was saying it more as an agreement. I just forgot the "as well" in there.

Good show guys! Love listening to my buddies talk Masters. Although....if you pick like 9 sleepers and one of them hits, are you still right? Haha! I do like your picks to win, all 4 of the guys you have mentioned should be right in the mix. Kinda surprised with no world #1 love, but I couldn't pick him either.

Good show guys! Love listening to my buddies talk Masters. Although....if you pick like 9 sleepers and one of them hits, are you still right? Haha! I do like your picks to win, all 4 of the guys you have mentioned should be right in the mix. Kinda surprised with no world #1 love, but I couldn't pick him either.

Im afraid he might not finish?

Im afraid he might not finish?
That's probably a good point! Haha. To me it always seems like the "can't miss" pick or the super hot hand heading into Augusta rarely wins it. It's usually one of the guys like the 4 you mentioned who's had a solid year but not quite Jason Day type year that wind up taking this thing. I would be interested to see how many times the odds on favorite going in actually wins.

That's probably a good point! Haha. To me it always seems like the "can't miss" pick or the super hot hand heading into Augusta rarely wins it. It's usually one of the guys like the 4 you mentioned who's had a solid year but not quite Jason Day type year that wind up taking this thing. I would be interested to see how many times the odds on favorite going in actually wins.

I think the last time a #1 won the Masters was Tiger in early 2000s.

Did you know the land that they built Augusta National on was a turkey farm before???

Another good show. Love the Masters and enjoyed the discussion over lunch. So many players with a strong chance to win. I think Sunday will start tight with attrition weeding the leader board more than anyone pulling away.

when we put together the list of 10, I had him right at that 10-11 mark. He's a contender.

I'm not supposed to argue with "the Dean" am I?...at least I'm not supposed to. :act-up:
What pick is the separator between contender and sleeper? Would anyone outside the top 10 picks for this week be considered a sleeper or does it go down further than that...15, 20? In my mind a sleeper is someone that is not a clear cut favorite of the masses such as Spieth, Rory, Day, Bubba, Mickelson.

Good show as always. Henrick is kind of my sleeper pick as well. Not that he is that much of a sleeper.

Back