What’s the oldest club that keeps ending up back in your bag?

SoGaDawg

Reaction score
Handicap
14ish
I, like most of you, have some clubs that rotate in and out of the bag. I have several different fairway woods and hybrids that “I can’t completely quit.” I have a 2014 Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited Edition 14.5 degree three wood that somehow worms it’s way back in the bag once a month for certain courses that are tight and need a controlled (long) 3 wood off the tee on certain holes. I tried to trade it in last year and they offered me $20 bucks. Hell. The real Speeder shaft in it is worth 5 times that much used. So it’s never going anywhere.

What is a club that you can’t seem to get rid of/comes back into the bag repeatedly? And how old is it?

I never take my v series heavenwood out of the bag, because it’s just so good to me. No need to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway XHot Pro 5 wood. Have tried a few potential replacements but they didn't last long before I went back to old faithful. Hoping the Hogan GS53 5 wood will finally be the one to boot it from the bag.

Taylormade vsteel 4 wood

I got the Odyssey Dual Force 990 in 1995 for college graduation and always end up putting it back in the bag, not currently, but I am sure it will be back soon. The oldest other club is my Callaway Steelhead III 3W from 2001 or so. It is sitting in the garage with the putter waiting for it’s turn back in the rotation.

The OG Rossie 2 putter. Still going strong 20 years since I picked her up out of a used bin in Myrtle Beach. I tried to replace her with newer Spiders, Scotty's, etc with no luck.

I never take my v series heavenwood out of the bag, because it’s just so good to me. No need to replace it.

I really wish I still had mine. Maybe my favorite club ever.

For me, while not that old, EX 10 Beta 3W.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TM Rossa Daytona CGB 1

I've rolled several putters at PGASS, Pro shops, etc. and just haven't found anything to knock it out of the bag. I've searched (if for nothing more than a change/upgrade) but I haven't rolled anything that makes me say "Yep, this is better". I'll certainly keep looking but it's got to be significantly better. I don't want to blow the cash just for change's sake.

My Nichent hybrids.

Well, I guess the only clubs I have that have any age are my Wilson Tour V4 irons. These are not going anywhere for the time being

My Big Bertha 815 hybrid. I've tried to replace her multiple times but she won't have it. I think she came out in 2015 maybe?

TM Burner 3w and Tour Burner 4i-AW.

Ping Redwood Anser putter....

Epic 7W. That club is just to reliable

Original Exotics 7w. The shaft has changed a few times but I’ve had the head for roughly 10yrs.

I guess it's my 5 or 6 year old Callaway Optiforce 4W.

First time in 2+ years I put it back in the bag over the past two rounds and have been absolutely stinging it off the tee. From the fairway, the 17° 2H that had previously replaced it is still far more consistent for me.

Oldest to reappear used to be my original Exotics 4W and 7W but I gave them to the First Tee program earlier this year.

I constantly switch between my old Mizuno Faldo 52° I've had since high school - so like 25 years - and my (obviously) newer SM7 52°.

Not including putters it used to be a J40 hybrid, but since finding the Rogues I'd say my F7 5W. Just a great option that gaps well for me between 3W & 4H. Trying the 3H route this year, but we'll see how it goes.

Including putter, almost certainly my Bettinardi SS12. Something about a center shafted putter. I usually run it in the bag at least a few rounds a year just because I love the darn thing. Struggle with it on slow greens though.

Played my last round with a burner bubble 5w in the bag. Pulled it from 203 into a breeze and couldn't have hit a better shot pin high on the green. It was a shot where you can't miss left, and a hybrid would have terrified me.

Odyssey White Ice #1. Time will tell though as a Toulon has that spot now in lock down unlike any other putter I've tried to replace it with.

Original RBZ 3 wood. Easy to hit and it’s a cannon.

This might qualify as “comes back into the bag” but I have recently been intent on trying one of the “mini drivers” that is sort of in favor. As a trial step, I found my old TaylorMade Burner Bubble in the basement (yeah, it’s been there quite a while) and but the shaft down to 43.5 inches (3 wood length). Much early success! So the Bubble is back in the back, but now in OEM specs.

I have an old offset hybrid by Zevo. It's the perfect replacement for my 3-iron, and because I play a fade, the offset usually results in a pretty straight shot.

Back