MGI Zip Navigator (electric cart)

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I have been dealing with some back issues for years. This spring has been particularly difficult, so, in an effort to keep me feeling a little more free with my turn at the end of the round, I acquired an MGI Zip Navigator.

I have to admit that I love it. Using the remote, I can walk and focus on stretching my shoulders and back as I approach my ball for my next shot. It really makes a difference.

Here are some of the features of this model:

Full directional remote control allows for left, right, forward, reverse and speed control

Patented Gyroscope Straight Tracker technology keeps the buggy on track across any terrain

3 year warranty

Downhill speed control minimises your effort and maximises control

Twin calibrated motors for supreme power & agility

Powered by the largest capacity Lithium 24v 380Wh battery
All terrain tread rear wheels help handle all conditions

Swivelling front wheel

Fully foldable rear 4th wheel for added stability

It folds up surprisingly small and is extremely easy to set up. It also is simple to use. I have not tried it for more than 18 holes, so I don’t know how well the battery holds up, the indicator suggests there is plenty of juice to get another 18 with one charge.

I am extremely happy with the purchase. Please feel free to ask any questions.
a6e46c3d83b34c89bfcb5c45e798f9fe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Love it man. I too have the back and knee problems which truly inhibits me walking and enjoying a round of golf carrying or utilized a pull cart.

I’ve been pondering the idea of a motorized pull cart to enjoy some more rounds walking and I feel better without the cart. The golf board at a local course was as close I’ve gotten to a pain free round and post round.

Appreciate the info on this, now I’ve really got my eye on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGI makes the Navigator for Bag Boy. I have had two versions of the Navigator Elite for the past 8 years. The original version used a car type lead acid battery and had to be replaced about every year. The newer ones use Lithium batteries and is still going strong after four years. One other great accessory not mentioned by the OP is a seat with storage. These are the top of the line and well worth the cost (~$1,500). I walk 160 rounds per year so have over 2,500 miles on the odometer. One caution, I had to replace the original after I ran it into a lake when the remote control failed to stop it. Fried all the electronics. Had to have a diver go in and retrieve it :).

MGI makes the Navigator for Bag Boy. I have had two versions of the Navigator Elite for the past 8 years. The original version used a car type lead acid battery and had to be replaced about every year. The newer ones use Lithium batteries and is still going strong after four years. I walk 160 rounds per year so have over 2,500 miles on the odometer. One caution, I had to replace the original after it ran into a lake when the remote control failed to stop it. Fried all the electronics :).

YIKES!!!

I am very cautious around water. One guy told me that somebody else had a remote that used the same frequency as his and engaged his cart unknowingly, driving it into a pond. Don’t know what brand it is, but I definitely keep my cart pointed away from water.

Yeah. You also need to make sure you hit the lock on the remote control so you don’t “butt” engage it by mistake.....

I got the exact same model Thursday and looking forward to it’s maiden voyage tomorrow. Mine only has a 2 year warranty and was purchased from Motogolf, where did you get yours? The seat may be my favorite option on the slow days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MGI makes the Navigator for Bag Boy. I have had two versions of the Navigator Elite for the past 8 years. The original version used a car type lead acid battery and had to be replaced about every year. The newer ones use Lithium batteries and is still going strong after four years. One other great accessory not mentioned by the OP is a seat with storage. These are the top of the line and well worth the cost (~$1,500). I walk 160 rounds per year so have over 2,500 miles on the odometer. One caution, I had to replace the original after I ran it into a lake when the remote control failed to stop it. Fried all the electronics. Had to have a diver go in and retrieve it :).

Haha that’s hilarious! I can imagine my reaction if that happened to me. Ok, sorry probably not too funny.

I’ve always wondered how responsive are the remotes and what happens if it loses connection to the cart or fails. I would assume the carts should automatically stop if it loses connection or goes out of range from the remote?

Haha that’s hilarious! I can imagine my reaction if that happened to me. Ok, sorry probably not too funny.

I’ve always wondered how responsive are the remotes and what happens if it loses connection to the cart or fails. I would assume the carts should automatically stop if it loses connection or goes out of range from the remote?

Full disclosure: I do not own a Navigator, I have a bat caddy and previously owned a black max electric caddy. With both of the ones I've owned, if they got out of range of the remote, or if they did not receive a command within a set time, they would stop on their own. It's been a while since I used either, but I think the set time was 30 seconds?

I have never run one of mine into a lake, though I came close the first few times using my black max. I did run it into a sand trap, and that taught me my lesson. Anytime I'm close to any type of hazard, I put my hand on the caddy in case things go haywire.

The manual says it will stop after a certain distance. Sure hope so.

I got the exact same model Thursday and looking forward to it’s maiden voyage tomorrow. Mine only has a 2 year warranty and was purchased from Motogolf, where did you get yours? The seat may be my favorite option on the slow days.

I also purchased mine from Motogolf. I did a bunch of reading on the various offerings and then called a few dealers/stores that carry different brands. I definitely wanted a remote for the reasons mentioned in my OP. I also didn’t want the cheapest, but didn’t want the most expensive, unless it provided a material benefit for the price. The folks at Motogolf recommended the MGI Zip Navigator. I talked through several different manufacturers/models with them and in the end it sounded like this one fit the bill. The bullet points listed are quotes from the MGI website, including the 3 year warranty. Maybe I need to go back and look at my paperwork.

I'd love to see more picks of your caddy and setup, Tenputt, if you get the chance and don't mind. You've pricked my interest on the Navigator.

I'd love to see more picks of your caddy and setup, Tenputt, if you get the chance and don't mind. You've pricked my interest on the Navigator.

I will get some over the weekend.

I also purchased mine from Motogolf. I did a bunch of reading on the various offerings and then called a few dealers/stores that carry different brands. I definitely wanted a remote for the reasons mentioned in my OP. I also didn’t want the cheapest, but didn’t want the most expensive, unless it provided a material benefit for the price. The folks at Motogolf recommended the MGI Zip Navigator. I talked through several different manufacturers/models with them and in the end it sounded like this one fit the bill. The bullet points listed are quotes from the MGI website, including the 3 year warranty. Maybe I need to go back and look at my paperwork.

Just checked again and my warranty for both cart and battery is 2 years. Let me know if you got 3 and I'll give them a call to extend mine as well. I've been playing around with mine in the yard and the neighbors think I'm crazy.

How stable is the Navigator?

How stable is the Navigator?

It is very stable. It has a wheel that folds out. It’s like a wheelie wheel that stabilizes the cart when going up a steep incline. Without it, it would tend to tip on steeper inclines. With it out, it is great and I play on some mountainside courses.

a31d6ba19da5e19cfc14a6303b410dd0.jpg
e1c8bf0c9ed0fbb75a91334d28d1cc4b.jpg

Here are a couple of mine.

Maiden voyage with the Navigator today and coincidentally first time I’ve broken 80 since last June. Sure was nice to just walk and not be all worn out the last few holes. Wish I’d bought one years ago. It was very stable on the hills and once I got the hang of it, the remote was very easy to use. I did hand steer it near the water just to be safe.
961d0e1ccbcbba1b3655f931f0bace69.jpg

Back