finally a warmer break in what has otherwise been an outright brutal spring

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I mean really you cant make this stuff up as anyone in the northeast (and probably other areas as well) have suffered one heck of a crappy cold miserable spring. Oh hey, Im not a heat person at all (don't like heat) but cheeeeze man, its been just miserable this spring. I mean night temps still in the 40's even just this past week…..are you kidding me? In mid may? not to mention rainy and windy almost constantly. In fact even frozen rains in some parts. One the worst springs in the NY/NJ area I can ever recall I all my 54 years. But finally it breaks and finally to be around 70+ the next week. About a whole month late but finally. Monday looking at to be 85 (too hot for me especially after this cold...lol) but just sayin..."finally" spring comes :)

And just as quick as it comes Im off to Italy sunday for a vaca so no sooner the weather breaks and yet I wont be around to play golf in it for almost a couple weeks...lol. Not that Im complaining as the misses and I taking this vaca as a delayed 25th wed anniversary from 7 months ago. Life got ion the way so here we are 7 months later. But looking forward to it :)

Anyway, so with spring finally breaking through Im wondering who else where else has been suffering a miserable spring? Maybe you still are suffering one. Lets vent about it, or perhaps express the relief, or just perhaps some might been lucky enough to brag just how good their spring has been weather wise.

I'm in northern Michigan. This has been a miserable spring to say the least! We actually had snow flurries last Monday morning. Just last night temperatures got down to the high 30s. When I finished golfing last night it was 55 degrees. Today 70% chance of rain showers, high of 53, tomorrow chance of thunderstorms high of 66, Monday 50% chance of rain High 52. It may reach mid-70s by Wednesday but then temperatures are heading back down. I could keep going! This really stinks!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Northeast Ohio here. It’s been a very wet spring with lots of rain. High 40s to low 50s mostly.

Wasn’t able to get out and play till first week of May and I usually start playing end March or early April.

So yea, a month late lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you know what those of us in the north deal with every year. LOL

It's been brutal here. We have had so much precipitation that everything is completely soaked. And of course the rain happens a lot on the weekends and the nice weather hits during the week.

We finally had a nice stretch last week but now we're looking at up to 4 inches of rain around us through the end of this week. I'm lucky that I've been able to get some golf in but ready for it to be consistently nice.

We had a fairly cold April with some snow that delayed our course opening to April 19th. Normally our course is opened by April 5th or 6th. Since then it’s been mostly cooler than normal but actually good golf weather considering I’ve played 20 rounds in the last 30 days and none of them in the rain. We have rain the next couple days and then sun returning Monday. Normal weather is on the way with all highs in the 70’s for the 10 day forecast starting Wednesday. I’ve actually enjoyed this spring even though it’s been a bit delayed. I’m so thankful to be done with the summers of N. California after spending 20 years there in the heat and pollution with mediocre golf and virtually no lakes for boating. The summers here are my favorite, temps mostly in the 70’s and 80’s(last June-August only 5 days above 87*) with plenty of amazing lakes and golf courses.

Here in northern NJ between work and poor, rainy weather, I've only been able to play 4, count 'em, 4 frigging holes! It seems that my Tuesday evening 9 hole league has been plagued with RAIN for 3 straight weeks!!!! I'm hoping to be able to at least get to the damn range this weekend!

and so, with majority my packing done for my trip, I did go out for 18 this morning on this best day of the year thus far. Even had my umbrella up for shade. Yes even in low 70's if sunny my umbrella goes up. But it was a great day. The golf is another story...lol

Got hime and my son and I got the grass cut and weedwacked….actually broke a real sweat for first time since last summer. Though to be fair I can even sweat in the winter. Anyway the weather this coming week looks like a beauty and again finally spring has sprung.

Back