Titleist C16 Driver Preview

915 woods were released end of 2014. Titleist almost always does driver in the fall.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So the 915 D2, D3 and D4 don't count as 2015 releases and this new driver a 2016 release? And fwiw, I doubt this release is just 1 driver

915 technically came out in later 2014. I'm still not sure why choices are bad, but assume they are. The post I was referring to was about TaylorMade and technically in a 2 year cycle they have the same number of releases.

They do? Seem to be pretty much 2 or so a year for the last several years.

SLDR and JetSpeed
R15 and AeroBurner
M1 and M2

Titleist released 915 D2, D3 and D4 for special order.

Not sure why release schedule came up from someone not liking the looks, but just figured I would at least put the releases out there.

I thought the r15 and aeroburner were released 1/9/15, then the m1 460&430 in 10/15?. Anyways back to the new titlest driver. Anyone on tour using it yet?

I thought the r15 and aeroburner were released 1/9/15, then the m1 460&430 in 10/15?. Anyways back to the new titlest driver. Anyone on tour using it yet?

Usually the new Titleist stuff hits the tour at Memorial.

So the 915 D2, D3 and D4 don't count as 2015 releases and this new driver a 2016 release? And fwiw, I doubt this release is just 1 driver
Pretty sure it was 2014. 2015 was their release year for irons.

I don't really care how often companies release equipment and don't understand why people see that as a negative but to each their own.
I think this is an intriguing option and am looking forward to THP's formal review and member opinions. That said, this looks to me like a smaller footprint (maybe 440cc). I prefer all the forgiveness I can get.

915 technically came out in later 2014. I'm still not sure why choices are bad, but assume they are. The post I was referring to was about TaylorMade and technically in a 2 year cycle they have the same number of releases.

Yes. November 14th was the release date. But that's still a release for the next year in my book

I've never really been intrigued by a Titleist driver, but I am liking the possibilities of where those weights are. Club Clash???

Assuming they follow suit with past releases....it won't be available till November of.....?????? 2016!!!!

915 release date was November 2014

913 release date was around November 2012

910 release date was November 2010

Now I'm not good at calendars or math but pretty sure that equates to every 2 years. Unlike TalyorMade, who releases at least 2 new different drivers every year with multiple variations. Re: (SLDR / Aero, M1/M2, etc etc) if you're saying that they don't...I don't get it. Titleist will release different versions(head shape, face depth etc) but not usually completely different models. Maybe this is a change in their philosophy to meet the growing demand of fickle golfers.

Did someone say choices were bad?

I've never really been intrigued by a Titleist driver, but I am liking the possibilities of where those weights are. Club Clash???

I think the D2 line has been consistently solid, if a little uninspiring. Titleist used to stand out with its stock shaft choices but other companies have really caught up.

You would think we said the entire brand is crap and anyone who plays it is crap too. Have fun in this thread

Based on general release info from the past. Titleist drivers tend to show up on the list about a month or two before on tour, then another 4-5 months before public release. Based on that. This would be mid to late summer hitting shelves with pre orders and demos being about a month before that.

They do? Seem to be pretty much 2 or so a year for the last several years.

SLDR and JetSpeed
R15 and AeroBurner
M1 and M2

Titleist released 915 D2, D3 and D4 for special order.

Not sure why release schedule came up from someone not liking the looks, but just figured I would at least put the releases out there.

Also trying to find the part where I said anything about liking or not liking the look of it..... hmm.

makes a lot of sense Phil....

I think the D2 line has been consistently solid, if a little uninspiring. Titleist used to stand out with its stock shaft choices but other companies have really caught up.
Will be interested to get some swings in with this one.

How about we keep this one as a preview thread for the C16 instead of arguing releases?

You would think we said the entire brand is crap and anyone who plays it is crap too. Have fun in this thread

Maybe I'm reading it a little differently, but I don't think anyone has said you've been saying or even implying that, PhillyV.

Been some good discussion and as per usual, the talk of release dates brings out some tones, rather implied or not. Don't think anyone means anything bad here. No worries.

Maybe I'm reading it a little differently, but I don't think anyone has said you've been saying or even implying that, PhillyV.

Been some good discussion and as per usual, the talk of release dates brings out some tones, rather implied or not. No worries.

Exactly. We tried to say what JB did.. he just phrased it better.

I meant no offense..

Again, this make no sense what so ever. When did anyone say that. Some peeps in this place man....sometimes...

It will be interesting to see if they expand that list. Like you, so many companies have followed their path.

Looking forward to more on this.

It is rather interesting how Titleist used to be one of, if not THE leader in stock shaft options and now they've been left in the dust by the bigger players. I'll be curious to see if they shake it up a little or stick to their same old Low/Mid/High options plus a few others.

It is rather interesting how Titleist used to be one of, if not THE leader in stock shaft options and now they've been left in the dust by the bigger players. I'll be curious to see if they shake it up a little or stick to their same old Low/Mid/High options plus a few others.

I agree. I enjoy a good Diamana as much as the next person, but the other companies have such diverse options now.

I certainly didn't think that....No where in any of those posts was that implied.

Will be interested to get some swings in with this one.
Have you been gaming the CG for a while? I think that is quite a bit different from typical Titleist driver...

Also, about the club itself, Titleist changed the naming and head shape for its hybrids fairly recently. It makes sense that they go to a new name here... it is definitely different from their past driver releases.

Back