THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

It happens. Shake it off and keep working at it. It will come around. I've been playing like crap lately, but I know the practice I've been putting in will pay off here soon.
I know, but I feel like I have such little room for error that it's weighing on me. Went to the range again today and had similar problems. Not as severe, but still enough to drive me crazy. Took it to the course to play three holes and went par, bogey, double. Hit both fairways, had a bit of a cut with my hybrids, and I pulled my irons but they got airborne so ... progress? Who knows. Trying to work on this in-to-out swing, and it's proving difficult. I know I won't be able to solve it in a day, but still ... got to pull out my camera and get my swing on video. Trying to keep my only swing though to "keep left arm close to chest throughout the swing" ... hopefully it works.

I know, but I feel like I have such little room for error that it's weighing on me. Went to the range again today and had similar problems. Not as severe, but still enough to drive me crazy. Took it to the course to play three holes and went par, bogey, double. Hit both fairways, had a bit of a cut with my hybrids, and I pulled my irons but they got airborne so ... progress? Who knows. Trying to work on this in-to-out swing, and it's proving difficult. I know I won't be able to solve it in a day, but still ... got to pull out my camera and get my swing on video. Trying to keep my only swing though to "keep left arm close to chest throughout the swing" ... hopefully it works.
I'll bring my GoPro on Saturday. Hopefully there is enough light to go 240 fps, but 120 will work as a backup.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Only got a few short game sessions in last week for prep.

This week I'll be getting a round in plus multiple range/putting sessions. It's April!! July 9th will be here before we know it.

I wanted to play today but decided it wasn't worth if I had to dress like Nanook of the north! Indoor putting and chipping will have to do!

I wanted to play today but decided it wasn't worth if I had to dress like Nanook of the north! Indoor putting and chipping will have to do!
This is how I felt. I was going to play or hit the range but am going to hang with the twins and do some yard work instead.

Temporary out of commission with a bad disc in my neck. Should only be a few days to a week.

Temporary out of commission with a bad disc in my neck. Should only be a few days to a week.
That's nothing to play with, take your time and don't push it too soon.

Who's ready? I mean really ready to do this thing!

I was born ready. Game is playing catch up on the readiness but it will be ready come game day

I'm excited and ready. If it was going this weekend I would be ok with where I am now, but with months to go, we all have time to get our games where we want them to be.

Rest it up and take it easy. No reason to push it coming back.

The way my game has been coming along this spring is good but I'm happy we have a couple more months to prepare.

Not much practice this weekend, wife's family in town and the weather was horrid anyway. But I did get a LOT of indoor putting in on my new mat.

Everyone here is leaving early today to go to Opening Day.

I think, I'll head out for at least nine. Regional Rivalry prep, trumps Opening Day every time in my book!!

I think, I'll head out for at least nine. Regional Rivalry prep, trumps Opening Day every time in my book!!

Sounds like a great teammate to me!!!

If I'm honest, I would say, I am not ready. If it were this Saturday, I would be in for a grind. I have not touched a club since last Thursday because of a lower back issue. I feel much better today and will be hitting the course for some chipping work. I may try to putt a bit, but standing over a putt bothers me more than a full swing when this lower back issue pops up on me. I'm certain by this weekend, I will be back to my normal play/practice routine. I guarantee, I will be ready for RR week and I am really looking forward to the practice round coming up in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to meeting all you guy's and putting faces to names.

Said the Orioles fan.:angel:

The way my game has been coming along this spring is good but I'm happy we have a couple more months to prepare.
Same here! This new swing I'm trying to groove is a bit more difficult than I expected. I get some really great shots, but then it's just as apt to go sideways on me. Need consistency!

Said the Orioles fan.:angel:
Nope...My team opens in Atlanta tonight. Other than Camden Yards being an easy drive after work, I don't have any reason to follow the O's.

Sounds like a man who couldn't get a ticket to Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a man who couldn't get a ticket to Opening Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!! No, see my response above about my baseball team of choice :)

Nope...My team opens in Atlanta tonight. Other than Camden Yards being an easy drive after work, I don't have any reason to follow the O's.

I don't even know you anymore..!

Just playin anyway:act-up:

Had a good round at Royal Manchester Saturday in some pretty tough conditions. Shot an 87, and didn't have my best stuff off the tee. Really happy with how my putting is coming along, think that may be the biggest difference in my game this year. Only worry I have right now is that my right knee is becoming more of an issue - gonna get that checked soon.

Really excited for the 23rd - going be great to play with everyone!

Back