Dare I say it? I think actually like Negan's charactrer. To him, he probably doesn't see himself as a villain. He has done something right to build a large army like the Saviors. Yeah, he might be a little crazy but Rick is a nutjob too. If I were in an apocalyptic world, I'd follow a leader like him.

I really do think its Maggie. Based on the comments from actors having their stomachs turn when reading the script, it just makes sense to me.

If its Daryl though, I might be done. Hahaha

Hate the idea of it being Maggie, but there could be rioting if it's Daryl.

Either way who it is at the other end of Lucille; It's going to be Pee-Pee Pants City in 6 months.

I'm a fan, but this episode was a bit drawn out. Everyone watching last night was probably saying the same thing, "Your being hearded to where Saviors want you". The last 10 minutes of the show, was a good physiological thriller though.

My theory is Aaron got it. He is like the crewman in Star Trek who gets killed just after they beam down. Daryl dies in a gun fight shortly after that when the group decide to fight they're way out.

It's tough to call. I think obvious would be Glenn based on the comics but check out this theory I read on line...

"On Talking Dead tonight, Scott Gimple said something along the lines of -A lot of people will be Zaprudering it. Now, what he meant by this is taking home videos to try to determine who Negan killed. The term Zapruder came from the man who took the home video of the Kennedy assassination. Immediately after Gimple said this, Robert Kirkman said something along the lines of -That’s a hint. Now if you think to Gimple’s term of Zaprudering, the man who took the video’s name was actually Abraham Zapruder. Personally, I theorize that Abraham died due to these facts."
Good catch. I thought it would be Abraham or Eugene. Their characters made peace with each other. Neegan had everyone scared and crying except Abraham. Neegan knows the rest will work for him out of fear. Abraham however stood up to Neegan. I think Neegan made an example or if Abraham.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I stopped watching after the 2nd or 3rd episode this season. Kind of lost interest. I plan on watching at some point but I've been reading the spoilers. Seems kind of a letdown after the buildup.

I've been watching, and this is one of the few shows I watch live instead of on DVR. But, I agree with your thoughts. This has been a disappointing season, in my opinion.

I get that the show is about the group's struggles to survive in the post-apocalyptic world instead of just constant plots of how to handle zombies. I also understand that dealing with rival groups is a huge concern. With that said, this season has been a long, drawn out conflict between rival groups, and it doesn't seem unique to the post-zombie apocalypse.

Maybe that's the message that comes from this season. But it has led to several episodes where very little actually happens for an hour or so, followed by some sort of excitement/cliffhanger at the end.

I'm slowly getting to the point of not being interested. At all.

Good catch. I thought it would be Abraham or Eugene. Their characters made peace with each other. Neegan had everyone scared and crying except Abraham. Neegan knows the rest will work for him out of fear. Abraham however stood up to Neegan. I think Neegan made an example or if Abraham.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Based on the fact that Neegan is looking to his left while talking during the last scene, I suspect he is striking someone on the right side of the group. Eugene is the farthest to the right. Carl is right next to him, though, and he makes a reference to "his other eye" in the last rant.

Glenn is on the far left side of the group. So the way Neegan is looking during the rant would be a pretty big effort to fake everyone out if it is in fact Glenn.

I actually loved the season, I've enjoyed the arc and know its setting up mass chaos.

Me too, this has been my second favorite season so far

I actually loved the season, I've enjoyed the arc and know its setting up mass chaos.

Well, I was wrong. I didn't think Neegan/Negan would come in swinging but he did. As far as who got it, I'm not sure. I don't really see it being Glenn just for the fact that they have gone astray from comics on different occasions. But I also wouldn't rule it out. I agree that if it's Daryl there will be riots, but the producers have said on multiple occasions they are not afraid to kill anyone off.

870F6DBC-9050-4509-9EF3-4DF349937493.png_zps4fytxtek.jpeg

Let's look at the lineup: If I'm not mistaken, Glenn is the furthest to the left (not in the picture), then Rosita, Daryl, Michone, Abraham, Maggie, Rick, Sasha, Aaron, Carl and Eugene.

Negan glances to his right while making a remark to Carl's other eye... Meaning, the "it" is probably the left side of the group. Glenn probably because he is one of the main Characters. Probably not Rosita because her death would be less important. Maybe Daryl, maybe Michone.
After Negan makes his first strike, a woman screams. I don't see Michone screaming like that so she could be dead. Maggie has a distinctive scream (not high pitched like the one we heard) so it could be her, and Sasha is too tough to scream. The one one who can scream like that is Rosita (so she's safe).
So this comes down to Glenn, Daryl, Michone, Abraham and Maggie... Damn it. This doesn't help. Stupid cliff-hanger!

Last edited:
That was a %^#$ ending!!!!! That was crazy!!!!!!!!!!
At least there will be resolution in October. The Sopranos ended in black screen and we were just screwed.

I know he didn't get it, but I was rooting for Carl to catch Lucille. Talk about no purpose.

At least there will be resolution in October. The Sopranos ended in black screen and we were just screwed.

I know he didn't get it, but I was rooting for Carl to catch Lucille. Talk about no purpose.

I told my wife the same thing when he got shot, "Damn, I thought we were finally rid of the little bastard".

They're having a hard time making Carl be like the Comic version. The comic version of Carl is dark and bad ass.

i have to go with the curveball theory. gimple saying they have to come out strong in the next season opener to justify the cliffhanger tells me it's a curveball. glenn is too obvious. if they were going to kill glenn, i think they would have done it last night. carl is a good thought, but the only reason i don't see it being carl is that rick would jump up to defend him instead of letting him get bludgeoned to death. same for michonne since she and rick are bumping uglies.

i still say maggie. and again, it would have been so much more impactful if they just did it last night, then left us sick waiting to see how our group was going to get revenge next season.

I think they'll go with Glenn because of the following: 1) people are expecting a curveball so they'll throw heat right down the middle of the plate; 2) they're going to honor the comic book diehards who want - maybe even need - this to go according to plan.

Im thinking that its Abraham. The reasons being: 1. Who of those people can take a shot to the noggin from Lucille and "take it like a champ". 2. Who else to kill to make a group weaker than its biggest, strongest member. Thats gets Negan's point across well. Beating one of the ladies doesnt make sense from a strategic perspective.

Im thinking that its Abraham. The reasons being: 1. Who of those people can take a shot to the noggin from Lucille and "take it like a champ". 2. Who else to kill to make a group weaker than its biggest, strongest member. Thats gets Negan's point across well. Beating one of the ladies doesnt make sense from a strategic perspective.

yeah, i think that's probably a good one. the only reason i'm not sure about it is that gimple made it sound like the person who gets it really sets the stage for the next season and a brand new story arc. i agree that losing abraham is a strategic loss for the group, but from a compelling story i don't think his death would have that much impact. we don't care enough about sasha to feel emotionally engaged when she loses the guy she just started "dating." abraham is funny and a bada$$, but do we feel connected to him?

if i'm negan and i want to scare the bejeesus out of this group and let them know i am not someone to cross, i would do the most sadistic thing possible and take out a person who is socially taboo. the leader's child, or a pregnant woman. talk about sickening, that would be really hard to handle but it would also make us hate negan.

I thought the season overall was really good. I still love the show. I wish they didn't leave such a big cliff hanger but they do that every season. For some reason I really think Neegan killed Carl. But, the only thing I have to base that off of was his eye comment. I think it will be interesting to see what the group does next and more importantly how they get out of this predicament.

He was kind of my thought too. Between the 6 or so "guys" sitting there, Abraham, Darryl, and maybe Rick could take it, plus Abraham kind of puffed out his chest as Neegan passed him with the bat. I think Glenn, Aaron, Eugene and Carl would drop into a heap. Heck, I would too. I like the idea that it's still Glenn because everyone is expecting the curveball.

But really, why did the cameraman have to die? What did he ever do? He must be pretty busy this coming season. :alien:

And I've heard that Neegan likes to "use" the ladies, so I doubt he'd get rid of a play toy.

yeah, i think that's probably a good one. the only reason i'm not sure about it is that gimple made it sound like the person who gets it really sets the stage for the next season and a brand new story arc. i agree that losing abraham is a strategic loss for the group, but from a compelling story i don't think his death would have that much impact. we don't care enough about sasha to feel emotionally engaged when she loses the guy she just started "dating." abraham is funny and a bada$$, but do we feel connected to him?

if i'm negan and i want to scare the bejeesus out of this group and let them know i am not someone to cross, i would do the most sadistic thing possible and take out a person who is socially taboo. the leader's child, or a pregnant woman. talk about sickening, that would be really hard to handle but it would also make us hate negan.
I can see your point there and I agree with alot of it. My vision of a new story arc goes like this.

Since Abraham played a huge role in Sacha coming out of her dark period after Tyrese died, and them two subsequently hooking up, then Abraham admitting that he could indeed be good with making babies and not so subtly hinting that he wants to do so with Sacha, Sacha shows the firat glimmer of light that we've seen from her in some time.

If Abraham then gets whacked, I can see Sacha really going off the deep end, perhaps even blaming Rick and the group for another loss, and turning into a new villain. Alpha, perhaps?

I can see your point there and I agree with alot of it. My vision of a new story arc goes like this.

Since Abraham played a huge role in Sacha coming out of her dark period after Tyrese died, and them two subsequently hooking up, then Abraham admitting that he could indeed be good with making babies and not so subtly hinting that he wants to do so with Sacha, Sacha shows the firat glimmer of light that we've seen from her in some time.

If Abraham then gets whacked, I can see Sacha really going off the deep end, perhaps even blaming Rick and the group for another loss, and turning into a new villain. Alpha, perhaps?

She didn't just lose Tyrese, she lost Bob too. I think that was a bigger factor into her "dark" period.

She didn't just lose Tyrese, she lost Bob too. I think that was a bigger factor into her "dark" period.
I forgot about Bob. Tyrese and Sacha had been together since the beginning though and had what I thought was a true brother/sister relationship. Both losses hurt her badly though, and a third might forever plunge her into the dark side of the force. Being the sniper that she is, she has the tools to be a great and challenging villain.

I forgot about Bob. Tyrese and Sacha had been together since the beginning though and had what I thought was a true brother/sister relationship. Both losses hurt her badly though, and a third might forever plunge her into the dark side of the force. Being the sniper that she is, she has the tools to be a great and challenging villain.

We shall soon find out........in October. :bulgy-eyes:

Indeed, my man. Indeed.

One other thing. Norman Reedus WAS on the Talking Dead. I know Rosita broke the string of deaths on that set, but there was that precedent for 7 seasons. I cant ignore that ?

Back