Recent driver fitting

Reaction score
Handicap
I went to a Titleist Thursday event and got dialed in with a TS3 8.5* driver with HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45". It gave me great #'s and I really liked the sound and feel.

Question: if I put the same shaft in my G410 Plus 9*, do you think I would get similar results? A shaft, adaptor and grip would run me about $130 vs. $499 for the Titleist driver.

I have a fitting at Manchester Lane later this year in August to get really dialed in so I am looking for something to hold me over until then.

Thanks!

I went to a Titleist Thursday event and got dialed in with a TS3 8.5* driver with HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45". It gave me great #'s and I really liked the sound and feel.

Question: if I put the same shaft in my G410 Plus 9*, do you think I would get similar results? A shaft, adaptor and grip would run me about $130 vs. $499 for the Titleist driver.

I have a fitting at Manchester Lane later this year in August to get really dialed in so I am looking for something to hold me over until then.

Thanks!
Generally......maybe. Shafts do influence a lot of things but the heads make a difference as well. I would assume similar results would take place but I wouldn't just assume and be unhappy you know.

Also of you get the Titleist and want to sell the Ping head @ me ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It may work, but I would try to find a Ping fitter and try every shaft they have with the head you use. Different heads are going to yield different results.

I'm old enough to have been fitted for a driver and/or fairway metal several times. The fitting has never resulted in the same shaft.

There are a number of possible reasons for this: Different head characteristics, new shaft products over time, different shaft lengths. So, I think it's fair to say that if you put the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45" in the Ping head it won't be the optimal pairing. How far from optimal it will be is a guess.

Generally......maybe. Shafts do influence a lot of things but the heads make a difference as well. I would assume similar results would take place but I wouldn't just assume and be unhappy you know.

Also of you get the Titleist and want to sell the Ping head @ me ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm a lefty, are you? :)

It may work, but I would try to find a Ping fitter and try every shaft they have with the head you use. Different heads are going to yield different results.

Good advice! PING demo days are few and far between where I am and are over by the end of June. Plus the reps never have more than the stock offerings with them. As for fitters it's mostly the same except they only have the 10.5* heads. It sucks being lefty!

Back