RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
... PLEASE STOP WITH THE F*CKING SUNFLOWER SEEDS!!! Played Bear Trap Dunes on Thursday, and it was like walking through a recently planted sunflower farm on the putting greens. How is it even possible to have that many in your mouth to spit so many on the ground everywhere. They were on the tee, saw them on fairway and the green practically needed a Zamboni. If you want to “speed up the game”, then don’t make people behind you have to clean up their lines from your mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see it often but we had one offender at my last course and he was called out and it was confirmed by his regular playing partners as the guilty party. We were able to get him to stop spitting them on the greens. At public golf courses, it’s just part of what we all have to deal with. It’s a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

Drives me crazy too.

I pretty much always have seeds on the course, but I refuse to spit them near the greens. It’s just common sense and decency.

We were just talking about this yesterday...awful

Sunflower seeds are the other "S" words you never mention on the golf course. We found a few shells on a green last Thursday. A ranger came by a few minutes later and one of the guys shared the information. The ranger immediately decided to take a spin through the groups ahead to see if he could find the culprit.

Don't understand what someone wants to be "that guy". FWIW, spitting sunflower seeds, chewing tobacco, or anything else on the greens is a general disservice to fellow golfers.

I can remember days when cigarette butts were everywhere so sunflower seeds aren't that bad.

I see it now and then. My home course stopped selling them a couple of years ago for this reason. You can't fix stupid.

I hate seeing the cigar butts lying around discarded on the greens and tee boxes.

Back