Bridgestone Fit Like a Pro Live Update Thread

Why is it interesting to see the RX sub-105? I feel like I’m missing something.

It’s not interesting based only on speed. He was coming from a firmer ball and interesting seeing the spin reduction and how much that helped distance.

Lots of talk of “fast” as of late, but it’s only one part of the distance equation.

It’s not interesting based only on speed. He was coming from a firmer ball and interesting seeing the spin reduction and how much that helped distance.

Lots of talk of “fast” as of late, but it’s only one part of the distance equation.

Good stuff - how many different balls did he test? All the premium ones or did they know where he was headed after a few swings?

I wish this event was a week long.

Would love to really dive into Bridgestone with THP.
Agreed. This event is awesome and needs even more awesomeness.

I really do love the irons with the big B logo on the cavity. And with the HF2s, you’ve got a helluva setup now! Congrats Trmpt. What a freaking day!

(Glad that flight was able to be changed )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an amzing experience! Bridgestone pulled out all the stops!

I can’t wait to sit back and reflect on this amazing experience. I’ll have numbers emailed to me so will have some more detailed info. The ball manufacturing tour was out of this world. I wish I was allowed to take pictures. Then to be ball fit by Adam and then club fit by Zack. Just wow! I’ll have to wait a couple days to post some pictures of the amazing generosity by Bridgestone Golf and THP when stuff arrives.... yup so much awesomeness that I can’t even carry it back with me. I can’t wait to put this ball and club combo together on the course! More to come..... including a dinner pic.

That’s so awesome!!

@Trmpt98 - can you share the club details beyond HF2 5-PW? Driver - FW(s) - Hybrid - Wedges? I look forward to reading your reviews in the weeks ahead.

Thanks!

I bet @Trmpt98 wishes it was a week long too! Haha!

I could probably just hang around that office, watch the day to day operations, pick some of the brains around there, and have a complete blast!

More coming in July....?

So I just got to catch up, this was awesome, and Bridgestone pulled out all the stops!

Just got caught up. This was another great follow. The spin #’s on the RX have me intrigued. I need to get back to my ball testing and include more than one BS ball.

An amazing experience we're all jealous of to have that unbridled access and to be fit by THE Bridgestone team...incredible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This looked so unreal. What an awesome experience that had to be. So freaking cool.

@Trmpt98 - can you share the club details beyond HF2 5-PW? Driver - FW(s) - Hybrid - Wedges? I look forward to reading your reviews in the weeks ahead.

Thanks!

I’ll do my best to remember. Clubs are being built and shipped to me later this week.
Driver- Tour B XD-5 at 9.5 deg with HZRDUS Black stiff shaft
3 wood - JGR 15 deg with V2 stiff staff (this thing is a beast)
Hybrids - 3 (19 deg) and 4 (22 deg) JGR with Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85. Never heard of this shaft but it is super stable and I love it.
Irons - JGR HF2 from 5-AW with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 set 0.5” long and 1 deg upgright.
Wedges - Tour B XW-1 at 52/56/60 where I can swap out between the AW or the 52.

I hope to start my in-depth review of the ball manufacturing tour which was amazing and the rest of the trip from the airport this morning.

Bridgestone and THP are amazing! Those selected for the Bridgestone Championship are going to have a great time.

I’ll do my best to remember. Clubs are being built and shipped to me later this week.
Hybrids - 3 (19 deg) and 4 (22 deg) JGR with Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85. Never heard of this shaft but it is super stable and I love it.
Irons - JGR HF2 from 5-AW with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 set 0.5” long and 1 deg upgright.

I hope to start my in-depth review of the ball manufacturing tour which was amazing and the rest of the trip from the airport this morning.

Bridgestone and THP are amazing! Those selected for the Bridgestone Championship are going to have a great time.

Just got caught up, great event, coverage and hats off to Bridgestone for bringing it home, absolutely stellar hosts. Look forward to your reviews, awesome set of clubs....enjoy!

Curious to see which way you go with your wedges. I found the set A wedge launched a little high for my liking. Congrats on a great trip and many thanks to Bridgestone and THP for bringing us along on another great ride. Now I’m inspired to get my own HF2s out and put them into play, by hook or by crook

Curious to see which way you go with your wedges. I found the set A wedge launched a little high for my liking. Congrats on a great trip and many thanks to Bridgestone and THP for bringing us along on another great ride. Now I’m inspired to get my own HF2s out and put them into play, by hook or by crook

I agree about the wedges. I was considering a 54/58 setup instead, but Zack was discussing what I was currently playing and how I chipped, which is why I stuck with the 52. I use it a lot around the greens for bump and runs. Then again with how well these feel and now I have clubs fit well to me I can hit more greens and need less chipping because I miss, right? ;)

I am not surprised by this at all. We had a blast hitting them earlier this year and they worked for both of us.

It's such a great ball! I didn't notice a lot of difference between the RXS and RX around the greens but with the driver it knocked down some spin and added some distance. Adam Rehberg was saying he didn't even consider the X or XS because I launched the ball high enough that they would balloon on me. The RX lowered the launch a bit and reduced the spin. The 400-500 drop in spin was from the RXS, the X and XS were more higher spin.

It's such a great ball! I didn't notice a lot of difference between the RXS and RX around the greens but with the driver it knocked down some spin and added some distance. Adam Rehberg was saying he didn't even consider the X or XS because I launched the ball high enough that they would balloon on me. The RX lowered the launch a bit and reduced the spin. The 400-500 drop in spin was from the RXS, the X and XS were more higher spin.

This is great info! Thx for this. So the X versions are higher launching? Does this extend to irons as well?

Congrats again, Looks like you had an unbelievable time!
I know enough that the Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 is an outstanding hybrid shaft, read a lot about it.
and HZRDUS Black? You beast you!

Shout out to Bridgestone and THP for putting on great event that changed one THPer's life.

Last edited:

I love the setup! That was a fun follow!

This is great info! Thx for this. So the X versions are higher launching? Does this extend to irons as well?

The X is designed for lower handicap players who can control their spin and trajectory better. Where I’m looking for more straighter ball flight off the woods and irons with still some decent check around the greens. Rehberg is a great golfer and even with a low spin driver he had some balloon on him and he plays the XS. If you can control your ball flight you should look at the X. Better yet look for a Bridgestone ball fitting. They are beginning to expand them.

Thanks for all the info. I know you had a blast.

Back