Bridgestone Fit Like a Pro Live Update Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier this year we held a contest where the winner received a trip to Covington, GA to visit Bridgestone HQ. During this trip they will learn about the products, go through a ball fitting and club fitting and then receive both the golf balls and clubs they are fit for.

That takes place on Monday and this thread will serve as a live update or chronicle if you will, for the winner to bring all of the THP community along for the ride. You will be able to ask questions, get questions answered and anything you want to know about the company can be posted here for the lucky THPer to ask for you.

[video=youtube;Nrgqlb7s-Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrgqlb7s-Y4[/video]

As you can see by the video, there is a lot packed into the day and @Trmpt98 will be picked up in the morning at the airport. This should be a lot of fun, so if you have questions, ask away and this will be the thread used for all of the updates.

This is going to be a great follow.

I would have been thrilled to have been picked for this one, and will definitely be following as much as work allows. Congrats again @Trmpt98.

Monday should be a little slow at work so I'll be following along. Small request: lots of photos. :D

Post up any questions you have, I am EXCITED!!! I hope I can sleep tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Will Sam Fu be there, and if so where is he taking you all to eat? (He knows all the great restaurants and isn't scared of a good meal!)
2) What clubs/balls does @Trmpt98 play now, and what are you expecting/ hoping to get fit into and why? Have you played Bridgestone previously?

Have a great time. When does your flight leave on Monday?

During today's PGA coverage, the announcers mentioned Koepka uses one of the heaviest balls on the market (hope I heard that correctly). Anyway, is there a weight difference in the Bridgestone lineup? If yes, then how does this affect the fitting process? I assume heavier balls are for SS above 115 mph...or something like that.

I would also enjoy learning more about the driver and iron products. Please share any factoid that come up during the day.

Have fun and congrats again on your amazing day!

1) Will Sam Fu be there, and if so where is he taking you all to eat? (He knows all the great restaurants and isn't scared of a good meal!)
2) What clubs/balls does @Trmpt98 play now, and what are you expecting/ hoping to get fit into and why? Have you played Bridgestone previously?

1. I am not sure.
2. Here is my current WITB
Driver: BioCell 9.5* w/ Proforce V2 Tour 6F5
Woods: ZF85 3W ​w/ATTAS 7s
Irons: C200 (5-GW) w/ Tour 90 S
Wedge: MD3 (52*/56*/60*)
Putter: Sqaureback Select
Ball: Z-Star / Tour B-RXS / TP5

I am going into this fitting open minded and trusting the process of the fitter. I have looked all over their site the past months and if I was going to purchase a set from them I would probably go with the HF2 irons. I have had 2 "big box store" fittings in the past 11 years so I don't really know what to expect. As for fitting the ball the online fitting has me with the Tour B XS. I picked up a dozen Tour B RXS this Febraury before I got selected for this trip and have been playing those along with the Z Star that I've played the past 2 seasons. I have not played any Bridgestone Clubs previously.

This is a big moment for Bridgestone, for me. I want to see them back with swagger and flat out bringing it.

I think we will.

During today's PGA coverage, the announcers mentioned Koepka uses one of the heaviest balls on the market (hope I heard that correctly). Anyway, is there a weight difference in the Bridgestone lineup? If yes, then how does this affect the fitting process? I assume heavier balls are for SS above 115 mph...or something like that.

I would also enjoy learning more about the driver and iron products. Please share any factoid that come up during the day.

Have fun and congrats again on your amazing day!

Hits one of the heaviest balls, as in, he hits it solid as hell. I would think any sort of weight increase or decrease probably wouldn't be super legal per the USGA for wind and flight reasons.

Do you have an preference in what you’re fit into or will numbers alone drive this for you?

During your club fitting, what are you seeking to get out of it?

What are you hoping to get out of the ball fitting?

Hits one of the heaviest balls, as in, he hits it solid as hell. I would think any sort of weight increase or decrease probably wouldn't be super legal per the USGA for wind and flight reasons.

Thanks. I had golf on while doing other things today. Appreciate your clarification. The googler says;

A golf ball is a special ball designed to be used in the game of golf.

Under the rules of golf, a golf ball has a mass no more than 1.620 oz (45.93 grams), has a diameter not less than 1.680 in (42.67 mm), and performs within specified velocity, distance, and symmetry limits. Like golf clubs, golf balls are subject to testing and approval by the R&A (formerly part of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews) and the United States Golf Association, and those that do not conform with regulations may not be used in competitions (Rule 5–1).

I’m so curious on their ball fitting philosophy. Going to be an incredible experience for sure

Do you have an preference in what you’re fit into or will numbers alone drive this for you?

Numbers and feel. All the research I'd done on their equipment seems like it's pretty similar to what I currently play. As for the ball I have some ideas of what I'd like it to do (low spin off diver and then stop and check on the green), I'll let the professionals at Bridgestone figure that out as I have no idea what my current spin rate is off different clubs and what is "ideal". Distance hasn't been a problem for me but I would like tighter dispersion across the board.

Thanks. I had golf on while doing other things today. Appreciate your clarification. The googler says;

A golf ball is a special ball designed to be used in the game of golf.

Under the rules of golf, a golf ball has a mass no more than 1.620 oz (45.93 grams), has a diameter not less than 1.680 in (42.67 mm), and performs within specified velocity, distance, and symmetry limits. Like golf clubs, golf balls are subject to testing and approval by the R&A (formerly part of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews) and the United States Golf Association, and those that do not conform with regulations may not be used in competitions (Rule 5–1).

All’s well friend. They said a lot of stupid stuff on that broadcast this week, and backed it up with dumb stuff too. Looking at you, aerial shottracker

Numbers and feel. All the research I'd done on their equipment seems like it's pretty similar to what I currently play. As for the ball I have some ideas of what I'd like it to do (low spin off diver and then stop and check on the green), I'll let the professionals at Bridgestone figure that out as I have no idea what my current spin rate is off different clubs and what is "ideal". Distance hasn't been a problem for me but I would like tighter dispersion across the board.

Numbers and feel are good....

During your club fitting, what are you seeking to get out of it?

What are you hoping to get out of the ball fitting?

I’m hoping to learn about my numbers and get better dispersion. As for the ball fitting I don’t really know. I’m excited to see the process how they fit for a ball and learn more about how a ball reacts to a swing.

I’m hoping to learn about my numbers and get better dispersion. As for the ball fitting I don’t really know. I’m excited to see the process how they fit for a ball and learn more about how a ball reacts to a swing.

Just go have a heck of a time man. Not many people get to do what you're gonna do tomorrow, and that's pretty awesome.

This will be so cool. Have a blast out there. THP and Bridgestone going all out for you on Monday!

I know you’ll have a blast. Anxious to follow your experience!

Back