Jason Finley - The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 6 - THP Radio

Jason! You said on the podcast that your go to snack was chips. Which one?

You're the man, Jason! Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and chat with THP.

Loved the radio show and your availability and answering our questions but also can't wait to see your response when thp comes out victorious this year!

Thanks to everyone who listened. Always great to talk about The Grandaddy and how much everyone has being a part of it. I'm here if anyone has questions.
Thanks for hanging out and answering questions! Was a great listen and being a golfer first, your passion definitely comes through. Here's a question...

Callaway always has a great line up of clubs and great marketing with clear intended target for the specific line for drivers ( adjustability and forgiveness = gbb, forgiveness and speed = xr, extreme low spin for better players = 816dbd and subzero). With the new mb line due out in the fall, will we see similar marketing trend in irons? And can you please tell R&D to make the new mb line in the same matt black finish as MD3?!?

Also, we have seen a trend of other companies aiming for a more playable mb line with bit longer blade length, and a bit bigger and thicker overall size (adding a beveled top line to present a thinner topline). Is this an area we might see callaway explore in future release irons?

I'm always thankful for a marketing person who has spent time in R&D because they have a better understanding of what is actually possible.

Another great listen. Love having THP radio on throughout the day!

Jason! You said on the podcast that your go to snack was chips. Which one?

Usually Doritos. Not afraid to mix in some Cheetos or Fritos though!

Thanks for hanging out and answering questions! Was a great listen and being a golfer first, your passion definitely comes through. Here's a question...

Callaway always has a great line up of clubs and great marketing with clear intended target for the specific line for drivers ( adjustability and forgiveness = gbb, forgiveness and speed = xr, extreme low spin for better players = 816dbd and subzero). With the new mb line due out in the fall, will we see similar marketing trend in irons? And can you please tell R&D to make the new mb line in the same matt black finish as MD3?!?

Also, we have seen a trend of other companies aiming for a more playable mb line with bit longer blade length, and a bit bigger and thicker overall size (adding a beveled top line to present a thinner topline). Is this an area we might see callaway explore in future release irons?

I can certainly make the suggestion to R&D. To your point, we try and focus the attributes of clubs to a specific target and in the case of an MB iron, that will be the Tour player and the most elite level of player as that is the audience for this club that we aim to satisfy so they will drive what this product is. As far as the other you mentioned, that is very close to what you will find with Apex Pro.

I can certainly make the suggestion to R&D. To your point, we try and focus the attributes of clubs to a specific target and in the case of an MB iron, that will be the Tour player and the most elite level of player as that is the audience for this club that we aim to satisfy so they will drive what this product is. As far as the other you mentioned, that is very close to what you will find with Apex Pro.
Just take my money now and tell them time make them :) :) :)

I've got no other real questions for you Jason. Just wanted to say thank you for chiming in. I mentioned it earlier, having spent time with you in the past, I know how much you value THPers. Thank you for being a resource for all of us.

I've got no other real questions for you Jason. Just wanted to say thank you for chiming in. I mentioned it earlier, having spent time with you in the past, I know how much you value THPers. Thank you for being a resource for all of us.

My pleasure. Happy to do it and enjoy the conversations....usually!

Another great listen. My drives to work are so much shorter with #THPRadio. And a hot dog with only ketchup is just fine in my book Jason. Maybe some relish but it would have to be sweet relish. Just sayin :act-up:

It was great having Jason on THP Radio this week and talking about things like The Gauntlet and Grandaddy.

Love THP radio!!! (and TV)

Thanks for the great listen today, it made my work day go by a lot smoother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've walked though my trip last December a million times in my mind. Hearing Finley mention some of the things I that mean that much to me just rehashes my passion for the Grandaddy
Would love to be in that position. Just thinking about it and going thru the recap thread is almost like being there, but not quite.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Need more Darth Finley. He must have been in a good mood as he was his happy normal self and not playing the villain role much in the interview.

Love this edition. Jason seems like a really a solid guy, all the trash talk aside. I don't like how he tried to justify JRods handicap at a 10 though Listening to him talk about it you can tell he get amped for it and the competitiveness of the ZooCrew to see who's in seems almost like the anticipation here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The one thing that I find cool about the industry uncut episodes is finding out how people got involved in the golf industry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jason seems like a very nice man. It was kind of him to take his time to answer questions for us golf nerds! Callaway is a first class company!

Back