How do you like to play new courses?

When playing a new course with someone who knows the course, I always ask before the round if it is ok that I ask questions and that I appreciate any advice how to approach different holes. So far, everyone have been very helpful.

When I am playing my home course with someone new I offer my advice, and so far everyone have been glad for that

With lots of caution and extra balls.

there is one pain in the neck thing that I find sometimes about a new course especially if playing it with other who are also there for the first time. Its sometimes hard to get around especially when holes have good separation and when the course itself does not have well marked directional signage. Its funny how often people wonder and get lost and confused where the next darn hole is. Comical at times but still it can be quite annoying to go through that and it also causes delay. So although not really golf play related it is imo a necessity to have good signage. Even when holes are not far apart people can still head to the wrong tee box when in unfamiliar territory without good signage.

I like to be told where to hit instead of what to avoid. On putting though, I like to be told what the green does in general, not what they think my specific putt will do. If I have a caddie, I find it helpful if they give me a spot to hit to and at what speed.

I like being given course knowledge especially when it's not a straightforward course or shot.

If that info is from someone who knows my game a little then I'll put more stake in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When playing a course for the first time, do you like direction from someone that has played it? If so, do you like to be told where to hit it or where not to hit it?

I like to be told where to hit vs what to avoid. It helps me shape what shot I want to hit instead what miss I want to avoid.

I like to have some idea the areas I should avoid - trouble spots on a given hole. A bit of local assistance never hurts.

I appreciate being informed of places to avoid and places to hit it to.

I like having a score card with pictures and a yardage book if available. Even having a GPS cart is nice. Other than that, love new courses.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When playing a course for the first time, do you like direction from someone that has played it? If so, do you like to be told where to hit it or where not to hit it?

I like to be told where to hit vs what to avoid. It helps me shape what shot I want to hit instead what miss I want to avoid.

I like a general understanding of how the course plays. I'm terrible when playing a new course the first time, sometimes 2, until I figure out the course a bit.

I like to be told where to hit it as then I can focus to the shot at hand. Telling me where not to hit it will only add to my thoughts

I love it when someone tells me, "Ok, this is a tough green. Don't hit it right because the slope is darn near impossible to 2 putt. Don't hit it left because it's straight downhill and chipping is almost impossible. Don't go long because there is a big hill than runs down to water. Oh, and don't be short because it's hard there."

So basically hit it within 10 feet of the pin either way and you'll be fine. :D

LOL.
So basically what we told everyone the first time they played Eldorado. :D

Back