Atxpkrgolf

Reaction score
Handicap
8&rising
Without me trying to go through every thread & hope to find something I figured I'd just ask here. What are some courses within 200 Miles's,of San Francisco that are gems, I have Pasatiempo and Cordevalle on my,list as well as TPC Harding Park but I'm sure there are many others and I just don't know of em. Not Pebble as I've played it in '97 when it was $295 plus $30 for cart. That's just a one time thing and now it's like 500-600 and it's not worth it to me. Thanks in advance

You’re looking for public I presume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re looking for public I presume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless someone has a hookup yes. I mean I have a couple friends who are pro golfers and a few who work for PGA of America corporate but I really try not to,ask for too many favors

You are heading to one of the best areas for golf in the country. I've listed below some additional courses to the ones you mentioned. If I knew a little more about what kind of golf courses you like, I could help you narrow the list some. We've got mountain, park, and link style courses of all types. You can literally choose your best preference. This time around I listed them alphabetically for easy reference.

Baylands Golf Links
Bayonet Course
Callippe Preserve
Cinnabar Hills
Coyote Creek - Tournament Course
Half Moon Bay - Ocean Course
Hiddenbrooke Golf Club
Poppy Ridge
Spyglass Hill
The Links at Spanish Bay
The Reserve at Spanos Park
Wente Vineyards

You are heading to one of the best areas for golf in the country. I've listed below some additional courses to the ones you mentioned. If I knew a little more about what kind of golf courses you like, I could help you narrow the list some. We've got mountain, park, and link style courses of all types. You can literally choose your best preference. This time around I listed them alphabetically for easy reference.

Baylands Golf Links
Bayonet Course
Callippe Preserve
Cinnabar Hills
Coyote Creek - Tournament Course
Half Moon Bay - Ocean Course
Hiddenbrooke Golf Club
Poppy Ridge
Spyglass Hill
The Links at Spanish Bay
The Reserve at Spanos Park
Wente Vineyards

Thank u so much. Very kind of u. I have moon bay ocean course listed as well. I get enough links style . I'd love mountain and courses on water more than anything else. Thanks again

Planning to add some to your CA trip? Let me know your desired route and I will note a few that you should hit up and ones to avoid.

Without me trying to go through every thread & hope to find something I figured I'd just ask here. What are some courses within 200 Miles's,of San Francisco that are gems, I have Pasatiempo and Cordevalle on my,list as well as TPC Harding Park but I'm sure there are many others and I just don't know of em. Not Pebble as I've played it in '97 when it was $295 plus $30 for cart. That's just a one time thing and now it's like 500-600 and it's not worth it to me. Thanks in advance

not sure where you are focusing on, but in this area I would recommend looking at:

San Fran: Presidio then Harding Park (harding has the name and big tournaments there, but I prefer presidio) Have not played Cordevalle, but would jump at the chance. Either of the Half Moon bay courses would be worth consideration.

towards Pebble: Poppy Hills (miles from pebble and was fully redone about 4-5 years ago), Bayonet/Black Horse in Seaside (2 courses at the same 18, not as prestigious as the others in the Pebble area but good courses that are reasonably priced close to the Pacific). Carmel area, Quail Lodge is quite good and Carmel Valley Ranch is a fun wonderful track.

San Jose: Pasatiempo is clear #1, San Juan Oaks is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but a good track that can be played for a great value. I am not a huge fan of Cinnabar or either of the Coyote Creek courses but they aren't bad, just nothing I think that would be a must play.

Napa: Silverado has 2 courses, but they will gouge you for the South (I think the south) where they have hosted the Safeway PGA tournament. Few other courses up there that are fun, but nothing else jumps out as must consider.

If you go East Bay... nothing public really is a must play to me. Poppy Ridge has 27, but I am not a huge fan, lots of people like Wente, I find it a bit gimmicky.

Hope this helps as I am sure there are several I am missing.

not sure where you are focusing on, but in this area I would recommend looking at:

San Fran: Presidio then Harding Park (harding has the name and big tournaments there, but I prefer presidio) Have not played Cordevalle, but would jump at the chance. Either of the Half Moon bay courses would be worth consideration.

towards Pebble: Poppy Hills (miles from pebble and was fully redone about 4-5 years ago), Bayonet/Black Horse in Seaside (2 courses at the same 18, not as prestigious as the others in the Pebble area but good courses that are reasonably priced close to the Pacific). Carmel area, Quail Lodge is quite good and Carmel Valley Ranch is a fun wonderful track.

San Jose: Pasatiempo is clear #1, San Juan Oaks is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, but a good track that can be played for a great value. I am not a huge fan of Cinnabar or either of the Coyote Creek courses but they aren't bad, just nothing I think that would be a must play.

Napa: Silverado has 2 courses, but they will gouge you for the South (I think the south) where they have hosted the Safeway PGA tournament. Few other courses up there that are fun, but nothing else jumps out as must consider.

If you go East Bay... nothing public really is a must play to me. Poppy Ridge has 27, but I am not a huge fan, lots of people like Wente, I find it a bit gimmicky.

Hope this helps as I am sure there are several I am missing.

I'd add Yoche Dehe to the list but agree with you on basically all you have said here

Planning to add some to your CA trip? Let me know your desired route and I will note a few that you should hit up and ones to avoid.

+1
AA.jpg

Actually going to do this after my June Tahoe trip. I can't play cards for 30 days str8 in Vegas so a buddy and me go to Tahoe during WSOP to take a break and recharge and this year we've decided to go up the Cali Coast. I've done it once and he's never seen Highway 1 or any of California outside of Tahoe and 1 day in SF. Then I'll figure out what I'm doing til the Tahoe golf trip with u. Btw, followed Scottie Schleffler and Tyrone Van Aswegen today in Open Sectinals. Good stuff

Thank u so much. Very kind of u. I have moon bay ocean course listed as well. I get enough links style . I'd love mountain and courses on water more than anything else. Thanks again

So keep Pasatiempo, Cordevalle, and TPC Harding Park on your list. Wente Vineyards and Poppy Ridge aren't exactly mountain courses, but have a lot of elevation changes and are more picturesque than Callippe and Cinnabar Hills. Poppy Hills is a wonderful mountain type course on the Monterey Penninsula and as Mancest noted it was redone about 5 years ago and is in fabulous shape.

Baylands, Half Moon Bay Ocean Course and the Links at Spanish Bay are all links-style courses so you can remove them from your list. The others are worth considering if you have time, but I would rank them below the others. If you like a challenge, the finishing holes at the Coyote Creek Tournament Course are to die for.

It's all set up.

7-3. Pebble Beach
7-4. Half moon bay Oceans Course
7-5. TPC Harding Park
Then to Tahoe for a few days and Incline and Old Greenwood

If TPC is free (have PGA buddy working on it) than we're gonna add Pasatiempo

twins As on 4th and cards Giants on 5th also

That's a great schedule right there

Was told by buddy who owes me $ that I have to play Spyglass. I told him if he settled up I'd add it and he did. Winner winne, chicken dinner

Was told by buddy who owes me $ that I have to play Spyglass. I told him if he settled up I'd add it and he did. Winner winne, chicken dinner

Spyglass is a great course. not as many ocean views, but it is a real test.

SpyGlass Weather in Camarillo, at Sterling Hills this morning.

Amazingly we always found our Drives in the Middle of the Fairway.
bb4cc8e5a3debb03a2d86019bfb37314.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Back from the trip. Shot horrible but had a blast. 89 @spyglass (two 2's and inches from my first ace) later that afternoon 81 @ Del Monte
96@Pebble and couldn't hit out of,the rough. 89 @Half Moon Bay
88 @'Tpc Harding Park
Than to Tahoe. 87 @Old Greenwood &' 85@incline . Als played Incline Mountain Course which was a fun Par 3 Course with four Par 4s or so.

The trip was an absolute blast with a Giants game and finally going to that ballpark (10 left to go) with some great food.

U guys Have to check out our caddies podcast. He's a hilarious Scottish dude who used to caddie for Trump at Turnberry. It's called GlorifiefdDonkey.com. I got him to join this site so he's on here also. Thanks for the suggestions btw

Back