The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your point was the same point we all made you just added informed sales people. And he agreed.
I like to think I did a bit more than that.

I like to think I did a bit more than that.

Readers digest version of what you said that he now agrees with. An informed sales person don't negate the multiple releases because they are not going to go over every club or know about every club.

I feel like I missed a hot thread or something :wink:

Readers digest version of what you said that he now agrees with. An informed sales person don't negate the multiple releases because they are not going to go over every club or know about every club.
And that is where Golf Retail is freaking struggling.

I go over ever new produce, every freaking Tuesday with my sales staff. They know everything there is out there. I had a sales meeting today with my staff over the new Trek bike and all the info about the new tech that is on it.

Guess what brand I dont sell? TREK. Why did I do this? TO INFORM MY FREAKING STAFF.

Golf retail is struggling because sales staff are clueless. Releases bother people because they arent informed.

And that is where Golf Retail is freaking struggling.

I go over ever new produce, every freaking Tuesday with my sales staff. They know everything there is out there. I had a sales meeting today with my staff over the new Trek bike and all the info about the new tech that is on it.

Guess what brand I dont sell? TREK. Why did I do this? TO INFORM MY FREAKING STAFF.

Golf retail is struggling because sales staff are clueless. Releases bother people because they arent informed.

Serious question: do you customers complain about too many options as it relates to bikes? I don't know the release cycle but I have to think it's a couple a year from various vendors.

Serious question: do you customers complain about too many options as it relates to bikes? I don't know the release cycle but I have to think it's a couple a year from various vendors.
Cannondale had 23 new releases last year. They had another 13 lines that carried over from 2015.

My customers dont complain because they are greeted at the door and welcomed to the shop. We ask how we can help them, if they are looking at bikes we ask what kind of riding they are doing. What they want to do. Where they will be riding, etc. Then we show them the appropriate bikes.

However, I know my market. Of the 50ish bikes Cannondale has, and the 50ish bike Specialized has, I stock the ones I know people in my demographic will be searching for. Of the ones that arent big sellers, I stock one or two, so that people can see them and make a decision after they are giving appropriate information.

Also, Freddie, in each "line" of bike, there are about 5-12 different models. Different frame build (aluminum vs carbon) and Component level.

For example, I have a Specialized Tarmac road bike. Those bikes vary in price from $1,799 - $12,000. In that price range is 10 different models, each with 2 different colors.

There are TONS of options, it comes down to my team knowing their stuff and me stocking what my customer is looking for.

Man Beags, that's a very very very big family

Man Beags, that's a very very very big family
It is, indeed. Some markets have higher end, some have lower end.

It's having a pulse of what your market is and meeting those demands.

Retail is a tough business, and it takes smart thinking to survive. Knowing what will sell vs stocking something "cool" isnt always the easy choice, but it's the right choice.

Also, Freddie, in each "line" of bike, there are about 5-12 different models. Different frame build (aluminum vs carbon) and Component level.

For example, I have a Specialized Tarmac road bike. Those bikes vary in price from $1,799 - $12,000. In that price range is 10 different models, each with 2 different colors.

There are TONS of options, it comes down to my team knowing their stuff and me stocking what my customer is looking for.

I don't doubt you have your team in top shape.

It is, indeed. Some markets have higher end, some have lower end.

It's having a pulse of what your market is and meeting those demands.

Retail is a tough business, and it takes smart thinking to survive. Knowing what will sell vs stocking something "cool" isnt always the easy choice, but it's the right choice.

I have respect for those who make their living in retail. Not so much the ones who manage a franchised big box stores, but the ones who put their own ass on the line for their store and their passion. It's commendable

I don't doubt you have your team in top shape.
Remember that bike you were looking at for your cousin around Christmas, the Vita?

Between all colors, sizes and models, counting the leftover 2015 models and the 2016 models... There are 95 options. Colors, sizes, component groups, etc. 95 options for ONE BIKE. I just went on my dealer site to count and double check.

Remember that bike you were looking at for your cousin around Christmas, the Vita?

Between all colors, sizes and models, counting the leftover 2015 models and the 2016 models... There are 95 options. Colors, sizes, component groups, etc. 95 options for ONE BIKE. I just went on my dealer site to count and double check.

How on earth is anyone supposed to get good resale

everything was fine when I looked on here earlier tonight haha

You guys are no fun.

How on earth is anyone supposed to get good resale
The bike I was talking about comes in XS, S, M, L, XL, for women.

What I do is cut out the low end options and cut out the high end options. Then, I look at what sizes sell the best, Small and Medium for the ladies. Then, I stock the colors that sell the best. So, I end up with 4 models of that bike, and have a few in Small, a few in Medium, and 1 or 2 in large. If I cant size someone off those, I can special order. If the color isnt what they want, I can special order. But, I typically represent the line in a size or color across the board to have a representation of what the customer will want.

There are many lines I just do not carry because they arent sought after in my market.

However, you have to be tuned in to what the customer is looking for. We have our "bread and butter" bikes, being so close to the beach and rental properties, bright colors and fun bikes are easy to sell.

Be right back, checking my golf club investments in eBay.

Close the thread and move the discussion over here? I'll add that to the top 5 things I need clarification on for THP.

I PMd a few of you. Got a reply or 2. I honestly don't want anyone to think I don't appreciate THP for what it's given me in 4 1/2months. (An outlet to discuss opinions or talk about golf stuff in general) PM me back or don't, I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended or annoyed. That wasn't the point or my intention. It is however how I am Galen sometimes. (Working on that)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back