i may have a new idea for training device, lol

Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
So I have a torn rotator cuff which is pretty disabling for a lot of daily and extra curricular activities. However, I can get in a round or 2 a week. I have noticed the most effective way that I have "learned" to play better consistent golf is thru negative reinforcement, pain. If i do not tuck my elbow tight to my side in the back swing, if i don't allow my arms to fully extend thru impact, if i don't rotate my body completely thru the swing and follow thru, the injury becomes overwhelmingly uncomfortable and my right hand goes numb. My last 3 full rounds have seen 40 or lower scores on one of the 9s (not usual for me) and the best drives ever. I joke but a device like a shock collar that you get a good zap when mess up might help your game.

So I have a torn rotator cuff which is pretty disabling for a lot of daily and extra curricular activities. However, I can get in a round or 2 a week. I have noticed the most effective way that I have "learned" to play better consistent golf is thru negative reinforcement, pain. If i do not tuck my elbow tight to my side in the back swing, if i don't allow my arms to fully extend thru impact, if i don't rotate my body completely thru the swing and follow thru, the injury becomes overwhelmingly uncomfortable and my right hand goes numb. My last 3 full rounds have seen 40 or lower scores on one of the 9s (not usual for me) and the best drives ever. I joke but a device like a shock collar that you get a good zap when mess up might help your game.

Pain is, was, and shall always be, a potent teacher.

What do you do when your kid spills milk, slap him?

Pass.... a ball OB two FW’s over is pain enough for me when I get wonky. Lol at the idea though. I think.

I would joke with my coach about putting on a shock collar so he could zap me if I got too quick in the back swing.

My dad is terrible about early extending. He talks about tying a rope around his neck that attaches to his, well - you know, so that if he lifted his upper body during the swing he would get a painful surprise.

Pass.... a ball OB two FW’s over is pain enough for me when I get wonky. Lol at the idea though. I think.

i do that with regularity and it has zero effect on me making any correction, lol. Stupid is

Back