fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
178af789c68e70411f409421956c6218.jpg

83c2a1c4dcd2bc375c9a9f10cbf6788f.jpg

Pictures courteous of @mikeg_74

This weekend I was one of the lucky participants from THP to travel down to Florida for the Odyssey Experience. We got not only to meet the legendary Sean Toulon, but also Austie Rollinson, Luke William, and Tony Toulon from Callaway. We got an opportunity to be fit by those same individuals that have created Odyssey and Toulon into what it has become today. Between Sean Toulon and Austie Rollinson they have almost a 1000 US patents on different aspects of the putter, from the face (micro-hinge, etc.), to the necks, shapes, and everything in between. So, we are talking about the experts to the experts here. However, you are probably saying to yourself I thought this review was about a bag? Well, yes it is.

I am sure not a youtube reviewer in anyway, but I always love how every review video they say "smash that like and hit the subscribe button". LOL

I had a chance to really play a bit with this bag. It may have only two rounds, but I also was able to see how it fit in my travel bag and how it held up on my travels home. I tried to bang the crap out of this bag all day and it came out shinning.

1. Looks:

Looking at this bag, I really like the way this sits and looks. The bag we received, as the picture above shows, is all black with red accents. There will also be a red version and a white. Austie was sporting the red and that is also a nice looking bag. I did not see the white and the pictures on the website are not very good, so difficult to say how that will look. The black and red just stands out beautifully. Then, you have by my count 15 Odyssey Swirls in multiple colors. This bag is definitely a looker. People will be walking up to you asking how and where you got this? I can't wait to play this holiday weekend just to see the looks from my playing partners and club guys.

2. Storage:

My current gamer is not a stand bag by any means. I generally don't walk, probably should. I am a cart guy. So, my first thought was would this bag have enough pockets to hold all my gear? On the right side of the bag you have a decent size for a stand bag. You also have a velour-lined pocket that is water resistant, Umbrella holder, and cool alignment stick sleeve (I think you can fit two alignment sticks).

In the middle, you have two pockets both measuring to about 10.25".

On the left, you have one small insulated pouch for a bottle of water or Gatorade, but not much more. You also will get another midsize pocket measuring at 12" x 8.5". Above the pocket you have two cushions for when you're walking to ease that back comfort. To me, they are nice looking, but hopefully I am not walking much. Fuffles don't walk we shuffle! LOL

With the pockets available, I had plenty of room for rain gear (didn't need, but have room), gloves, balls, tees, and everything else. I don't use a range finder with having an Apple Watch, so for those that do will need to find a section for that. There is a towel ring and some kind of strap that is adjustable. There is no Velcro section to place your glove when on the green. That is a miss, in my opinion.

All of the zippers are solid with more Odyssey Swirls as accents.

3. Iron Holder:

The top measures to be 8" x 10", but you have a really nice solid easy grab handle. I loved the handle. I used this all the time grabbing in and out of my bag and then car.

The iron holder top section is a 4-way top. You have two sections with full length dividers to help keep your clubs from tangling up. However the middle section does not have a divider going down. I would have preferred all section to have full length dividers. My 5 - PW (what I keep in the middle section) did get tangled up a bit and little harder to pull out when playing.

4. Carry System:

The Odyssey Super Swirl Double-Strap Stand Bag (say that three times fast, dare you) has two very cushioned straps with what Callaway is calling X-Act Fit Strap System which is self balancing for easy carry. They are super easy to use and very comfortable when walking with your bag from the car to the cart and back. I would think the same would flow as you walk the course. I really like the straps.

5. Overall: I give this bag a solid 9 out of 10

As you can see from the pictures above, this bag is a stunner. It is going to get many eyeballs looking at you and questions on the bag from other golfers. The bag is very lightweight compared to all the other bags I have used in the past. You have plenty of pockets to hold all your gear for any walker and even those in the cart. I do give a couple of minuses for not having a Velcro section to hold my glove and not having full length dividers down the middle section.

This bag has a very professional look that is solidly made and will last a long time.

If you have any questions please ask away.

This is a great idea. I’ll get some pictures posted later also and provide some initial thoughts based on the two rounds out at Hammock Beach and the Conservatory.

That’s such a cool bag!

I will say this one feels very sturdy and put together really well. I forgot to ask if this is an OGiO product (I just sssumed it was) and what model they used.

I loved the look of this bag. Very good review. If it was a 14 club divider it would probably be a must buy for me. Luckily for me, it doesn't and I can enjoy the bag I just received for awhile longer.

Great write up.

I will say this one feels very sturdy and put together really well. I forgot to ask if this is an OGiO product (I just sssumed it was) and what model they used.

I think it is an updated Callaway hyperlite 3. I am usually a 14 way bag, but on the way back I stuffed it full of 13 clubs, 2 putters (both with oversize awkward putter grips) a stiff arm, 7 sleeves of balls, a nexbelt in its case, bluetooth speaker, my tablet, rangefinder, pouch with tees/divot tools/ball markers.

Really like this bag, looks fantastic and super functional. Will get a little play on the push cart soon.

Nice review and great looking bag.

What a great looking bag! My eyes always gravitate to a black bag, but if I ever needed a stand bag, that red one sure looks pretty!!

That’s a great looking bag that will turn heads at the course. Glad to see and hear how great of a time you all had!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the looks of that bag! That was a great piece of swag that you guys received.

I absolutely love this bag. Going to be hard to resist picking one of these up.

Great write up

Great review Fflmaster! I was super impressed with all the stuff I was able to get in the pockets it holds more than enough. There is a d-ring right above the top zippered pocket you can use for hanging your range finder off of. I too think they missed with no Velcro for your glove but an easy fix was just hooking it around the towel hook. The straps are very comfortable and I will be walking 9 at least once a week to give it a good test.

I love how the swirls pop off the black. I will post some more thoughts after I walk with it a few rounds.

FuffleMaster did a grays job introducing the bag.

To add to that this one is built pretty well. Kind of hard to explain, but I think we all know what a poorly made bag looks and feels like. The materials feel great and the attention to detail is what you would expect from Callaway/Odyssey

My favorite feature is the strap system. The “Xact Fit” system makes sure the bag is perfectly balanced on your shoulders and back when you are carrying it.

Here are a few pics in better light showing off some of the details, pockets and 4way top.

78a1b1804aeda35a494a26bd998d77ba.jpg

24c7e802bd50aaffed7dd8d994db5be0.jpg

67e7fd865af57e5a1d98cc6be2e3ead0.jpg

07ee39b3a73e19faaec2545a04364492.jpg

8122131ebc50f2509e366b0d68f90e46.jpg

36cec7fd410d217ab1d21eac53b6cebc.jpg

2e9bb79085d6dd7a1a19f97d49997f6b.jpg

That's a great looking bag and great review!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Poops, wrong thread..

Love the looks of that bag!!

Awesome review, that is a really nice bag. The whole Odyssey event looked SO cool - enjoy it!

I got home around 1am last night so kept this in my car for league golf tonight. I have been walking with an Ogio RTC, but today decided to carry this bag instead.

The pictures are good, but this bag just looks so good in person. The swirls really pop out and are great accents to the bag.

I’ll echo what Fuffle and Mancest have said, plenty of room for accessories. I had rain gear packed (because of course, Ohio lol), a few sleeves of balls, water bottle, rain pants and jacket, valuables pouch and range finder. Plenty of room for that and not too heavy at all.

Walking up to the first tee and setting this down all the guys noticed and commented on how good it looked.

MikeG is right about the X-act fit strap system. It rides perfectly on your shoulders. What might not have been mentioned is the padding in the shoulder straps. More than I’m used to and super nice on the shoulders. The padding on the bag for when it rides across your back is nice too.

Verdict after carrying for 9 holes. This is a great carry bag. Very comfortable and I could have went 18 no problem. Like I said, I usually go with a clicgear when I walk, but wanted to carry this the old fashioned way to provide an accurate review. It didn’t disappoint and I found myself remembering how much I like to strap a back on my bag and carry for a round.

One negative for me was that the clubs do fit kind of tightly. Not really an issue, except for the new Stroke Lab putter oversize grip is starting to rub and wear after just a few rounds (45 holes). Wouldn’t be an issue in my RTC with separate putter we’ll (but that’s a cart bag, not a carry bag).

Overall this bag is sharp, comfortable and functional. I need to find a nice matching towel for it now. I’ll definitely be carrying some more rounds with it this year.

One negative for me was that the clubs do fit kind of tightly. Not really an issue, except for the new Stroke Lab putter oversize grip is starting to rub and wear after just a few rounds (45 holes). Wouldn’t be an issue in my RTC with separate putter we’ll (but that’s a cart bag, not a carry bag).

I agree on this point. The clubs do tend to stick a bit when trying to put them in or pull them out. It’s a 4 way top and the dividers go all the way to the bottom, but it feels like they are getting caught up with each other at the bottom.

One thing I noticed is that when the bag is sitting upright the clubs sit perfectly without any tangling. If it helps I’ve moved my putter to the front slot with my woods and it’s a better fit.

I agree on this point. The clubs do tend to stick a bit when trying to put them in or pull them out. It’s a 4 way top and the dividers go all the way to the bottom, but it feels like they are getting caught up with each other at the bottom.

One thing I noticed is that when the bag is sitting upright the clubs sit perfectly without any tangling. If it helps I’ve moved my putter to the front slot with my woods and it’s a better fit.

Yeah I now have the Driver, 4w and putter all in the top slot. They still stick some for me. Not really that bad, but enough where I’m getting worried about the putter grip wearing.

Agree on the sticking. I also have a small issue sometimes, not all, of when putting in the clubs you have to force a bit. Almost shake the bag so the clubs move around a bit at the bottom.

I wish the bag was 1 to 1.5 inches wider to give that little extra room.

yeah, when I was on the course no sticking at all, when I popped the legs out to pull everything out there was sticking.

I have gone dr/3w/5w/hy in the big slot closest to the legs, 5/7/9 on the left side mid pocket, 6/8/pw on the right mid and then 3 wedges/putter up by the handle. I will see if this is the best option going forward. It is a looker of a bag, those swirls POP against the black background and I love the alignment stick slot. always like to take advantage of that spot.

yeah, when I was on the course no sticking at all, when I popped the legs out to pull everything out there was sticking.

I have gone dr/3w/5w/hy in the big slot closest to the legs, 5/7/9 on the left side mid pocket, 6/8/pw on the right mid and then 3 wedges/putter up by the handle. I will see if this is the best option going forward. It is a looker of a bag, those swirls POP against the black background and I love the alignment stick slot. always like to take advantage of that spot.

This is a good idea. I was thinking how to rearrange the clubs and I haven’t put my woods in the back a lot closest to the legs in a while.

Curious though, why the 5/7/9 & 6/8/PW set up? Is it a club length issue that helps?

This is a good idea. I was thinking how to rearrange the clubs and I haven’t put my woods in the back a lot closest to the legs in a while.

Curious though, why the 5/7/9 & 6/8/PW set up? Is it a club length issue that helps?

don't know that it helps with sticking, but I have always done odds one side, evens other side. Less chance of grabbing the wrong club I guess. Maybe less chatter on the irons to, but like I said I do it this way with 14 way bags too.

Odyssey Super Swirl Double-Strap Stand Bag Review

Found another pocket I didn’t see before. Great place for keys and wallet.

1e149f653c80ec05a23c9c325cc5210b.jpg

Back