Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

Question, because the Tour X has higher magnification is it harder to aim and keep it steady?

I've had mine since the summer and I haven't had troubles keeping steady, other than if I'm just moving around myself. Even then, it locks onto target pretty darn fast.

Question, because the Tour X has higher magnification is it harder to aim and keep it steady?
With the simple thumb groove, the ergonomics help keep the laser steady

For me the tour X is the first laser I've been able to use with with confidence. The combination of ergonomics and optics are that good.

Well thanks for the feedback. Amazon dropped the price to $399 and I just ordered it. Figured for the same price that the V4 slope is going to be....best to have the added features of DDT, and higher magnification. The size wasn't much of a concern to me as I don't plan on pocketing it anyway. It will be my first laser rangefinder, so the big question will be whether I use it more than my apple watch/golfshot. Either way can't wait to test it out on the course.

N54tt
Don't just limit this to just finding the pin. We have a lot of bunkers in the fairways it's always nice to know if I can carry them or need to layup. Or seeing if the group ahead is far enough ahead so one can hit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well thanks for the feedback. Amazon dropped the price to $399 and I just ordered it. Figured for the same price that the V4 slope is going to be....best to have the added features of DDT, and higher magnification. The size wasn't much of a concern to me as I don't plan on pocketing it anyway. It will be my first laser rangefinder, so the big question will be whether I use it more than my apple watch/golfshot. Either way can't wait to test it out on the course.
To be honest, it's not that much bigger than my Z6 I have played for the last few years. I think the tour X is just a little longer front to back.

Can't wait to get out and use my tour X

N54tt
Don't just limit this to just finding the pin. We have a lot of bunkers in the fairways it's always nice to know if I can carry them or need to layup. Or seeing if the group ahead is far enough ahead so one can hit.

My apple watch/golfshot gives me distances to hazards etc. Seeing if the group ahead is out of range is an added plus and knowing pin distance instead of just front/middle/back. I think my game has progressed where I'm not just trying to hit the green...but aiming for the flag...hence the my foray into the world of laser rangefinders. I think I'll still have use for GPS. IE the other day I was on a hole with dogleg left, and had a 150 yrd blind shot to the green over trees (according to GPS). I could barely see the flag....just enough to have an idea which part of the green to hit too. So laser would have been useless there.

It'll be coming on monday....hopefully if the weather stays warm enough I can get back out on the course sometime soon!!

I need to get some scratch together and pull the trigger on one of these. I love my TourV3 Jolt, but all the positive comments with this one are hard to ignore.

How effective is it using it at the sim?
Works well, getting exact distances. Got my property line measure out where the trees are in backyard

Amazon had said m tour x delivery day was Monday, but it came yesterday!!! Played around with it for a bit and I think the DDT feature is great. Black is a lot easier to see when there's a lot of light and red is much better in low light. Will hopefully test it out tomorrow on the course....if not Tuesday.

Amazon had said m tour x delivery day was Monday, but it came yesterday!!! Played around with it for a bit and I think the DDT feature is great. Black is a lot easier to see when there's a lot of light and red is much better in low light. Will hopefully test it out tomorrow on the course....if not Tuesday.

Be interested on your comments. Never had a laser before always GPS and almost ready to pull the trigger.

Got to try it out on the course today. On the plus side it was very quick to lock on targets...jolt worked for every flag I shot. Didn't have any issue using it with my Oakley Flak 2.0 sunglasses. On the negative side....I had the worst round in over a year....I felt like Ricky Fowler...irons were on fire last week....And it's like the switch was flipped off and I just fell apart today.

Hello to all

I found your site while checking on reviews for the Bushnell Tour X as I was considering one for myself. Enjoyed reading all the comments from members on the Tour X and convinced myself that it was needed. I have had it in the bag now of a couple of weeks and really am impressed with the results I'm getting. I have been using a Garmin Approach G6, but as many have stated that gives you front, back and middle. I have been playing in the slope mode so far and find that is is a great advantage to know the true distance to the pin. I find that I look less and less at my Garmin now and go to the Tour X first. I am trying to set up a Trackman session now to see just how far I carry my clubs to make it more effective. I use to smash the ball, but age is catching up and I just don't carry it as far anymore but those numbers are still in my mind and messes with me at times.

I ended up finding one of the Tour X factory recondition on 2ndswing.com for 320 with no tax and free shipping. The unit looked brand new, and all accessories were included except the manual. No problem with the unit it works great and come with a 90 day Bushnell warranty. I ended up down loading the PDF manual on the Bushnell site, and all is good.

I highly recommend the Tour X to anyone who wants to move to the next level.

Oh. and by the way I ended up joining the THP as a result!!!

Hello to all

I found your site while checking on reviews for the Bushnell Tour X as I was considering one for myself. Enjoyed reading all the comments from members on the Tour X and convinced myself that it was needed. I have had it in the bag now of a couple of weeks and really am impressed with the results I'm getting. I have been using a Garmin Approach G6, but as many have stated that gives you front, back and middle. I have been playing in the slope mode so far and find that is is a great advantage to know the true distance to the pin. I find that I look less and less at my Garmin now and go to the Tour X first. I am trying to set up a Trackman session now to see just how far I carry my clubs to make it more effective. I use to smash the ball, but age is catching up and I just don't carry it as far anymore but those numbers are still in my mind and messes with me at times.

I ended up finding one of the Tour X factory recondition on 2ndswing.com for 320 with no tax and free shipping. The unit looked brand new, and all accessories were included except the manual. No problem with the unit it works great and come with a 90 day Bushnell warranty. I ended up down loading the PDF manual on the Bushnell site, and all is good.

Glad to see you found us and the reviews helped in your decision process. Welcome to THP

Hello to all

Now THAT is cool and what its all about.

Welcome to THP, we are happy you found us and have jumped in!

Good feedback there. Glad you like it as much as I do.

Welcome to THP, it's a great place for all your golfing needs!

Welcome to THP, searching for clubs is how I arrived here also. I'm using the Tour X also and use it for a variety of different applications.

I finally got to use my Tour X for the first time today. I have never used any other distance-measuring device before (except a crappy free phone app that was wrong half the time). I am completely sold on how useful this sucker is!

I really thought the slope feature worked well today too. Case in point: On a 90-degree dogleg I hit 3W to the turn & my ball was about 5 yards behind the 150 yard marker, but it was all uphill. The Tour X gave me 192. Since long is dead on this hole, I used my Callaway Heavenwood - & hit it to 20 feet. I haven't had many GIR's on this hole, ever.

Another thing I found very helpful was lasering all the little pitch shots. I was really starting to get a feel for how many yards each shot is actually, and i think it's going to be a tremendous tool for developing good touch & accuracy around the greens.

Anyone have an issue with the front cover falling off their slope attachment? Shot them an email yesterday gotta figure out what to do. Performs fine but I'd like it to get it fixed.
2bde9b0eaf01f9c5e61e090760168b4f.jpg

Nope. No issues for me.

Never had that issue either, sorry dude.

Back