What Show series finale is your favorite? [spoilers]

NoShanks

Grandaddy 19 Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
As a note, this thread may contain spoilers if you have not watched the shows mentioned here.

With the GoT finale, there has been a lot of backlash on how it ended.

I can understand how some people may hate it. But for me I thought it was ok, not the best, just average.

It got me thinking about this topic regarding series finales. What shows had the best finale in your opinion? Mini series don’t count.

For me, I’ve watched a lot of shows. The most memorable and best finale in my opinion came from 2 shows: Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad.

I’ve never connected to the main characters on a deeper level on the way it ended. Closure that I seek, a feeling that I can say goodbye and not feel sadness that it ended. For me those were the two only shows that left me feeling satisfied to the brim and those were the only shows that I watched all over again from start to finish.

How about you guys?

M*A*S*H

Best finale ever.

Breaking Bad was a fantastic ending to the series.

The Office was also a good one.

M*A*S*H

Not even close. My GP growing up was a MASH Surgeon during Korea. He told me som great stories. He’s a cival war buff too so kinda a cool guy. Very old now, but what a cool guy.

JM

Breaking Bad for me. The finale just made it all worth it.

Braking Bad & The Wire come to mind.

I loved the Magnum PI (original series) and what should have been the series finale and I will always consider it as such. Magnum died in the season 7 finale episode 22 and it was PERFECT!

MASH was great too.

After M*A*S*H, probably Warehouse 13, which I’m sure I’m the only nerd who saw it. Instead of an episodic flashback over the course of the series, showing heroic moments from each character, they showed heroic moments never before seen. It was surprising and funny.

The Sopranos :angel:

Breaking Bad, Parks and Recreation

Looks like I’ll need to check out MASH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M*A*S*H is pretty hard to top. It was a great series and the finale lived up to it.

Newhart was pretty clever.

M*A*S*H is by far the best. I also liked Scrubs season 8 final since that was supposed to be the real end.

M.A.S.H., Sons of Anarchy, Newhart are probably the best! Didn't Dallas have a surprise ending?

Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad come to mind.

M*A*S*H is by far the best. I also liked Scrubs season 8 final since that was supposed to be the real end.

I was a fan of that scrubs one too.

M*A*S*H, Breaking Bad and Newhart. The last scene of Newhart was genius.

I'm going to throw it out there, Boy Meets World was good too.

I'm going to throw it out there, Boy Meets World was good too.

Lol. I loved that show when I was a kid. I was also partial to The Wonder Years, but it was a little just ahead of my time.

"Chuck". Loved that show.

We do not speak of the ending of Chuck.

oh really! Thank God I didn't know this when we met or there might have been words said that night.

Back