Titleist C16 Driver Preview

Have you been gaming the CG for a while? I think that is quite a bit different from typical Titleist driver...

Also, about the club itself, Titleist changed the naming and head shape for its hybrids fairly recently. It makes sense that they go to a new name here... it is definitely different from their past driver releases.

I'm wondering if it won't be a seperate line from the traditional 9xx line.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have you been gaming the CG for a while? I think that is quite a bit different from typical Titleist driver...

Also, about the club itself, Titleist changed the naming and head shape for its hybrids fairly recently. It makes sense that they go to a new name here... it is definitely different from their past driver releases.
Over the past two years I have gamed... Orginal CG Black, Cleveland Classic, Amp Cell, SLDR (10.5*, 12* & 14*), Bio Cell, Cally Big Bertha, Cally Big Bertha Alpha, CG Black 2.0, TM R1, TM M2, and probably a few more that I cant think of at the moment.

Its kind of VG3 looking a little bit.

That's a great thought. It would go a long way if they added a new line all together. (My original point...made terribly)

I've never really been intrigued by a Titleist driver, but I am liking the possibilities of where those weights are. Club Clash???

Asking the important questions here.

Sadly, I don't think Titleist will play ball on this one, plus I doubt they even had any to send out even if they were interested.

good point!

Over the past two years I have gamed... Orginal CG Black, Cleveland Classic, Amp Cell, SLDR (10.5*, 12* & 14*), Bio Cell, Cally Big Bertha, Cally Big Bertha Alpha, CG Black 2.0, TM R1, TM M2, and probably a few more that I cant think of at the moment.
lol
lol
got nothing else just.. that rocks man. Awesome (being sincere just in case; it's easy to come off as sarcastic over the internet)

good point!

lol
lol
got nothing else just.. that rocks man. Awesome (being sincere just in case; it's easy to come off as sarcastic over the internet)
Haha, I've gamed a few drivers over the years. Always get drawn back to the CG Black, because I can freaking bomb it. "Supposedly" it shouldnt work with my swing speed, but whatever. I hammer it.

I like choices. The Taylormade stuff is so overplayed at this point. They've dramatically toned it down and others definitely release at greater frequency then they do at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asking the important questions here.

Sadly, I don't think Titleist will play ball on this one, plus I doubt they even had any to send out even if they were interested.
That is really my ONE complaint with Titleist. They obviously have a specific business model and target segment. I won't argue with that. It's just ridiculous that they wouldn't want to get this in hands of as many consumers as possible, specially a community that has proven fitting expertise like this one. I just don't see a downside at all.

However u look at it, I'm excited to hit a new product from Titleist

The location of the weight ports shows Titleist taking a risk and trying something new.

The location of the weight ports shows Titleist taking a risk and trying something new.

Had to do it at some point right? Certainly intriguing from past models

I don't think those are weight ports. They're ball bearings so I don't loose speed when I drop kick it.

Had to do it at some point right? Certainly intriguing from past models
I like Titleist's clubs. I believe they perform. I do not believe they are an overly innovative brand. I feel like they wait and see what other OEMs do and copy the tech if it works. Movable weights and movable CG has been done for 3 years or more. Proof of concept has been achieved, so now Titleist can do it. That's just how I feel, but that doesn't mean this head won't be a Bomber.

I like Titleist's clubs. I believe they perform. I do not believe they are an overly innovative brand. I feel like they wait and see what other OEMs do and copy the tech if it works. Movable weights and movable CG has been done for 3 years or more. Proof of concept has been achieved, so now Titleist can do it. That's just how I feel, but that doesn't mean this head won't be a Bomber.

The one big plus they have with that is they don't rely on club sales for money. They don't need to be on the forefront of anything club related. Just make stuff that looks good, and the Titleist fans will for the most part buy it. Not a knock against anything or anyone, just true. With that said, this is a big step for them to go with something different looking.

Kind of makes it look like a driver got a belly button piercing haha

For me, it's all about the sound in their next few releases. Beyond the quality, which they've always had, they need to dial back in what I think is a great sound.

One thing I'll be curious to see is if they finally upgrade the paint they use on the face. My 915 looked line I beat rocks with it and I never get that with any other OEMs faces.

Also, add me to the list that is curious if this is a separate line or model, or the successor to the 910/913/915.

Design looks great. I have always loved their drivers. I hope this one is a home run

Very intrigued! $1000 price point?! Ouch!

I am certainly intrigued by this. Part of it is wonder as to how Titleist will fill out their line. Will this be the rumored upscale offering and there still be a 9xx line (or some variant on that name)? Smart money says yes. If that is the case, what tech "trickles down" to the lower line - the one that will still cost $500 or more.

I like a lot of Titleist clubs. I just bought a 915 D2. Here's hoping this one is a winner and leads to some solid offerings to the masses.

Waiting for more info on this driver

It's not a bad business plan. They can say they took the time to perfect it while others were still figuring it out. Or because they're Titliest, not say anything at all and people will still buy it.

It's not a bad business plan. They can say they took the time to perfect it while others were still figuring it out. Or because they're Titliest, not say anything at all and people will still buy it.
It works for them. So it's hard to say much.

Back