The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question sir. If only someone would have asked that sooner

I know you've had your run-ins and wires crossed and words twisted here and there, and as a new member it's a tough balance to find that happy medium between humour/rage/understanding. I've been there, I've dealt with it, and THP still rocks my socks.

Feel free to PM me for a chat if you need some clarity on anything.

She broke up with me, I lied about something fairly stupid (I didn't cheat, would never do that) and we tried to make it work out but she just couldn't trust me anymore and I think that's what sucks the most, I've always been a trustworthy guy I was just embarrassed about something and lied about it and she found out.

Trust is a gruesome and tender element of life my dude. I hate to hear about it, but it's a great opportunity to learn about yourself and about others.

Time to find the one human that can't live without you.... And let THP come along for the ride while you're at it.

I know you've had your run-ins and wires crossed and words twisted here and there, and as a new member it's a tough balance to find that happy medium between humour/rage/understanding. I've been there, I've dealt with it, and THP still rocks my socks.

You're a good one Daniel.

Trust is a gruesome and tender element of life my dude. I hate to hear about it, but it's a great opportunity to learn about yourself and about others.

Time to find the one human that can't live without you.... And let THP come along for the ride while you're at it.

Let's just say with the way I've been feeling lately, and with what's been happening in my life.... Club clash can't come soon enough

Will do! I appreciate the note. This place has been pretty damn awesome for the short while I've been here. Sometimes I'm too blunt or come across the wrong way. But At least I can admit it. First steps of recovery right?

Step 1: I have a THP addiction problem and I m not sure I want any of the other steps of recovery.... (Keep repeating step 1)

Banter thread Dan
Fun fact, the vast majority don't go into the banter thread, they're here for the golf discussion threads where some of this, which is really good, could benefit many.

Just saying.

We pride ourselves on being all encompassing. No need to get all exclusive.

Hate me, dont care, been hated on before. I was also once someone who was p*ssed upon. I'm still here, those p*ssers arent.

Fun fact, the vast majority don't go into the banter thread, they're here for the golf discussion threads where some of this, which is really good, could benefit many.

Just saying.

It's funny, I've started numerous threads related to golf that have gotten ignored. So I jump into banter threads to talk to folks.

Will do! I appreciate the note. This place has been pretty damn awesome for the short while I've been here. Sometimes I'm too blunt or come across the wrong way. But At least I can admit it. First steps of recovery right?

Step 1: I have a THP addiction problem and I m not sure I want any of the other steps of recovery.... (Keep repeating step 1)

Blunt is a great way of putting it. When you read back the comments, it's hard to gain genuine context or know that you're responding with a smirk on your face rather than a grimace. This was something I struggled mightily with for a few years when starting on THP... That, and taking things personally just because people differed in opinion.

Enjoy the time. I promise you it's worth it, just make sure your retorts read friendly combative and not condescending, and you'll be a good year ahead of my THP posting progression hahaha

Hate me, dont care, been hated on before. I was also once someone who was p*ssed upon. I'm still here, those p*ssers arent.

Huh?

giphy.gif

I couldn't resist, haha!

We are so far from exclusive it's not even funny. The forum is an open book if people choose to jump in. Our events, contests, AC, radio shows have brought so many. I don't see any of it as inclusive.

We are so far from exclusive it's not even funny. The forum is an open book if people choose to jump in. Our events, contests, AC, radio shows have brought so many. I don't see any of it as inclusive.

You must have read a different thread than I did tonight.

It's funny, I've started numerous threads related to golf that have gotten ignored. So I jump into banter threads to talk to folks.
Its interesting, I've not seen any you've started that have gone ignored. Slower conversation isn't bad conversation, or being ignored.

But, it is what it is, that much is clear.

I just want everyone to remember, they were new once too, and they were on the outside once too.

Goodnight THP.

I don't like people piling on.

You must have read a different thread than I did tonight.

Why is it if someone disagrees, it's inclusion? I seriously can't wrap my head around it.

Why is it if someone disagrees, it's inclusion? I seriously can't wrap my head around it.

It was piling on dude. No rational discussion. I don't dig that.

I'm wrong, I admit it.

Why can't we discuss instead of freaking arguing???

It was piling on dude. No rational discussion. I don't dig that.

Honest question, what should have been done if people disagreed? Not say anything? Or say one thing and leave. I'm serious, we beat that topic to death. What should have been done?

Why can't we discuss instead of freaking arguing???

Because sometimes in an effort to be heard people forget to listen first then speak.

Honest question, what should have been done if people disagreed? Not say anything? Or say one thing and leave. I'm serious, we beat that topic to death. What should have been done?

I don't think that topic was beaten to death in the thread that was closed. I do see some somewhat condescending conversation and banter that could have been avoided (or asked to stop) but the topic itself wasn't beat to death at all.

Maybe in the 100 times previously where it came up, but we're not all THP vets. For some, it's a great new conversation to be had.

Well, I will just lay it all out there, because I tried and apparently it didn't work...

MODERATE THE THREAD.

I did my effing best to see both sides of the discussion, talk about points from both sides, and have a civil discussion. Thought we had it going in a good direction then locked.

I don't think that topic was beaten to death in the thread that was closed. I do see some somewhat condescending conversation and banter that could have been avoided (or asked to stop) but the topic itself wasn't beat to death at all.

Maybe in the 100 times previously where it came up, but we're not all THP vets. For some, it's a great new conversation to be had.

Ok I can see that and I usually stay out of those threads. I guess I felt it was something I need to discuss. But it just got the better of me. Lesson learned, I'll avoid those types of discussion in the future. It'll be better for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back