The best shot of the round

Two 12 foot birdie putts because I made them both.

First hole this morning I hit a wedge from 90 yards to 12 inches for a kick-in birdie. Yay.

Long par putt after hitting a murdered drive and then proceeding to chunk the first wedge and blow the chip past. Jarred the putt though!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Knock down PW from 123 into a pretty good wind to 18 inches to set up a birdie.

50 foot putt on #2 for birdie net eagle on the hardest hole on the course

Best for me today was a short sided, 20yd flop shot that one hop and stopped about five feet past the hole. Made the putt to save par.

Yesterday my best shot was on hole 13 at my home course. Par 3 over water that had a back right pin location playing 175 yards. Wind was tough yesterday playing into us with a left to right cross wind so had to club up. I elected to hit 6 iron here and play a shot towards the middle of the green and allow the wind to move it left to right. Oddly enough I play the shot exactly how I envision it and land it pin high just left of the hole about 6 feet. To top it off, I made the birdie putt ⛳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday my best shot was on hole 13 at my home course. Par 3 over water that had a back right pin location playing 175 yards. Wind was tough yesterday playing into us with a left to right cross wind so had to club up. I elected to hit 6 iron here and play a shot towards the middle of the green and allow the wind to move it left to right. Oddly enough I play the shot exactly how I envision it and land it pin high just left of the hole about 6 feet. To top it off, I made the birdie putt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure I hit one but I guess 6 hybrid from 165ish to 20 feet or a tricky little 63 yard shot with the pin just over the spine landed it exactly on the spot I was aiming and ended up 5 or 6 feet and made putt.

Yesterday, 2nd shot into a par 5. Had 215 yards to a green with very little room left (marsh) or right (trees). Smooth Apex 3H to the back of the green.

Yesterday, 2nd shot into a par 5. Had 215 yards to a green with very little room left (marsh) or right (trees). Smooth Apex 3H to the back of the green.
That was a great shot. A bit unlucky it carried that big knob on the green.
As for strokes gained best shot the tee shot on the par 3 3rd hole might have been even better for you.

If anyone knows the 18th at Southern Hills here, they know it's easily the most difficult approach on the course. I was 123ish out in the rough just left of the fairway, going up hill, over a bunker, to a blind landing area. I chose to hit about 95% of a PW and it went right at the flag...couldn't see the end result.
Just_Hacking, however, could and he was hollering for it to back up into the hole. I get up there and it about 4 feet right behind the flag. The pitch mark was a foot right of the hole. I'll take it.
Here's the insta I posted
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDwQdGHkVqo/

tapt

8 iron from 170 yards that I had to draw around a tree. Put it to about 7 feet below the hole and drained the putt for a birdie.

I assure you it wasn't the result of this lie..

5027f9d427f4672cb58d3de7bbbebe78.jpg

Really wish my buddy had videoed this shot cause I'm not sure I could ever do it again. #6 at Watters Creek for DFW guys. It's a tight driving hole with trees right and left and not a long hole at 383. I pulled my 3 wood into tree area. I was about 25 yards in front of a 100 foot tree and had 127 to the pin. Theres a big pond in front with a brick wall to an elevated green. There is water left also and bunker right. I kept looking up wondering if I could get over that tree and finally decided there was no way. There was more room to go around tree to the left but a slice isn't my good shot and water all left. I could also pitch it out into FW and try to get up and down for par. I usually play very fast but this shot had me stumped. I FINALLY decided to try the hooded PW a la Bubba Watson. I can easily draw ball and hook it but I've never tried it with this little of club, now with hazard in front. I caught it exactly how I envisioned and landed it just over the hazard and it spun left, stopping about 8 feet from hole. One of my top 20 shots of my life for sure. And no I didn't make the putt

15.jpg

They had the blues and black tees switched so it was going to be all carry. I pulled my FYBrid, kept my back foot a couple inches back and let it rip. Hit a nice ball which drew just a tad, hit the green pin high and left me about thirty feet from the hole. If I hadn't three putted, it would have been my best hole of the day.

15.jpg

They had the blues and black tees switched so it was going to be all carry. I pulled my FYBrid, kept my back foot a couple inches back and let it rip. Hit a nice ball which drew just a tad, hit the green pin high and left me about thirty feet from the hole. If I hadn't three putted, it would have been my best hole of the day.
That was a beautiful shot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Playing in my Monday night work series tonight - par 5, used my tee ball from the reds, had 157 into the wind and a little uphill. Hit a full 8 to here:

c1f347afb17b73dc7f8bb42fd2196e3a.jpg

Made the putt for our only non-par of the night.

I drove the green on the 14th, a 339yd, slightly uphill, par 4. I hadn't even been close before, but there was a strong wind at my back and the ground was dry so I gave it a rip and got it on to the green by 1 foot. Barely, but it got there. Had about 35 feet for eagle, but hit it a bit too hard and it lipped out on the high side.

After a great drive on one of the toughest holes on the golf course, I had 130 to an uphill pin to a green that's really hard to hit. Hit a PW that never left the flag as soon as I hit it and walked up to see it about 3 feet away. Knocked in the birdie putt. 2nd time I've birdied that hole in the last 4 rounds. It's usually an automatic bogey for me.

My "best" shot this round was arguably my worst. On #1, hit a drive that left me 98 yards from the pin. PW hit pin high but bounced off the green and down a slope, leaving me about 20 yards away. Skulled my GW, it bounced once into the hill, hit the pin and dropped straight down into the cup for birdie. If it hadn't hit the pin, I would have been in the sand trap on the other side of the green. So at least a 2/3 stroke swing on that one hole!

Why do all my best shots start with "I was under/ behind this tree.." Recovery, apparently, is my specialty!!!

Actually, that would be between my 2nd shot to a 524 yard Par 5... 3 wood 259 yard to back of green. It helps when the green is downhill; and a 230 Driver off the deck to an uphill green.

Downwind par 5, front tee's and hit a nice, high drive. 185 to the center pin. Hit AMP Cell graphite shaft 5 iron to 15 feet left of the pin. Missed the eagle put but made for a tap in bird. I'm really liking these Cobra AMP Cell graphite shafted 4-GW irons. 2nd round with them.

Back