Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event in NY

Another week in the books. 6 weeks to go!

I know the formats change every 9 holes, but are the matches 18 hole matches? Think that is what they did at the Kickoff Classic if I remember.

this one looks like a fairly easy hole, easy hybrid shot over the left bunker to have a short iron into the green.

also, we see these dark green patches on these pictures, what are they? probably not water, are they some kind of hazards?

Not sure what the dark green is. It looks like it would be some kind of marsh or other weedy hazard, but the fairway is completely open on that hole. Maybe the picture is from an old scorebook?

By the name are we to assume this one is all uphill? Lol

The tee shot on 11 is to a flat-to slightly uphill fairway. The green is elevated, but only 1/2-1 club length.

Not sure what the dark green is. It looks like it would be some kind of marsh or other weedy hazard, but the fairway is completely open on that hole. Maybe the picture is from an old scorebook?

yeah I was looking at the course on google map and couldn't see it, maybe some collection areas?

Used the RX2 for my round over the weekend. Speed control was great.

Can't even begin to talk about how excited I am about this! I was rolling putts and chipping in my living room, and just kept thinking about how it's a little over a month away!

Does anyone know what type of grip/ size comes on the cx putters?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what type of grip/ size comes on the cx putters?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

there are picks on the website, they look like some kind of pistol grips
Cure_Winn_Mid_Pistol_Grip_large.jpg

This is going to be fun to follow along!!!

More snow today in New England. Looks like it's more carpet putting practice for a couple days.

yeah I was looking at the course on google map and couldn't see it, maybe some collection areas?

I don't even think there are collection areas in that spot on #10. I could be wrong, but I'll double check the next time I drive by without snow on the ground.

this hole looks pretty hard i would say

25753326390_4c14c785dc_b.jpg
[/URL]Hole 12 by Matt P, on Flickr[/IMG]

this hole looks pretty hard i would say

25753326390_4c14c785dc_b.jpg
[/URL]Hole 12 by Matt P, on Flickr[/IMG]

this looks like another interesting hole, depending on what that dark green stuff is, it could be more or less intimidating, but it looks like the landing areas are pretty generous, for a straight forward 3 shots par 5

Good looking hole there. Big fan of double dog leg par 5s. Really liking the looks of this course so far. Good choice by THP. I'm also glad I'll get to play a practice round on it first because it looks to me like there is some strategy involved on quite a few holes. Not always just hit it as far as possible etc.

this looks like another interesting hole, depending on what that dark green stuff is, it could be more or less intimidating, but it looks like the landing areas are pretty generous, for a straight forward 3 shots par 5

Looking at the hole 12 picture, I'm convinced the dark green is the fescue/long weeds and the pictures are a little out of date. The fescue does not run across the fairway anymore, but it is a major factor on both sides. For hole 12, par is a good score. The further down the fairway you his your second shot, the better off your approach to the green will be. That bunker guarding the front right is nasty.

Looking at the hole 12 picture, I'm convinced the dark green is the fescue/long weeds and the pictures are a little out of date. The fescue does not run across the fairway anymore, but it is a major factor on both sides. For hole 12, par is a good score. The further down the fairway you his your second shot, the better off your approach to the green will be. That bunker guarding the front right is nasty.

I Have been taking these from the course FB page. i havent found any newer yardage book layouts anyplace.

Details on Meet and Greet and Dinner will be rolling out soon and we are really excited about what is coming together.
Hopefully a few more of the participants will be around to join in on the conversation and fun.

Details on Meet and Greet and Dinner will be rolling out soon and we are really excited about what is coming together.
Hopefully a few more of the participants will be around to join in on the conversation and fun.

it feels awfully quiet in here indeed lately, hopefully things will pick up as the event gets closer.

I Have been taking these from the course FB page. i havent found any newer yardage book layouts anyplace.

Interesting. Maybe they just haven't updated their page with new pictures. Even if you look on google maps, there's nothing in the middle of the fairway where that dark green is. For preparation's sake, I'd say stay away from the dark green!

Interesting. Maybe they just haven't updated their page with new pictures. Even if you look on google maps, there's nothing in the middle of the fairway where that dark green is. For preparation's sake, I'd say stay away from the dark green!

When is the last time you played this course? what would you say the overall feel of the course? tight? fast greens? uneven lies, lots of hazards ect?

That 12th hole looks like fun one - a bit of risk/reward with the second shot. Stay away from the fescue on the right and you're further away from the hole. Or, play it up the right side for the shorter approach but bring the junk into play.

My plan is to hit every shot straight :bulgy-eyes:

My plan is to hit every shot straight :bulgy-eyes:
These pictures don't help me visualize the holes really, though it is a good source for hole length. I think a Friday practice round will be key for me. And yes my plan on everyhole but Par 3s is to hit it 200yds down the middle and either layup on par 5s or hit it on for par 4s. After that its all about one putts with the CX1!

These pictures don't help me visualize the holes really, though it is a good source for hole length. I think a Friday practice round will be key for me. And yes my plan on everyhole but Par 3s is to hit it 200yds down the middle and either layup on par 5s or hit it on for par 4s. After that its all about one putts with the CX1!

I agree. Im curious on how people react to putting a new putter in play. I have a feeling it will take a few holes and then by day 2, everybody will be locked in.

its fair to say whatever team adjusts to the new putters the best will probably win

Back