Would a visual aid help you decide?

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
Recently did some wandering in some review threads and one thing that I noticed was missing was visual aids by reviewers to help those following along or inquiring about the product better understand or relate to what is being presented. I know photographs are presented at the beginning of most review threads (love the non stock photos the staffers do) but it got me wondering:

would a visual aid such as a swing video or monitor numbers help those looking for info better relate to the reviewers or would it distract from the conversation? I know the series that JB and Dan did was a big hit with members here so I'm wondering if maybe members in clubs/shaft threads could start doing the same. I know it's not easy but just something that came to mind this morning.

Sometimes I think it would help but I think if someone is really interested, it probably wouldn't matter.

Recently did some wandering in some review threads and one thing that I noticed was missing was visual aids by reviewers to help those following along or inquiring about the product better understand or relate to what is being presented. I know photographs are presented at the beginning of most review threads (love the non stock photos the staffers do) but it got me wondering:

would a visual aid such as a swing video or monitor numbers help those looking for info better relate to the reviewers or would it distract from the conversation? I know the series that JB and Dan did was a big hit with members here so I'm wondering if maybe members in clubs/shaft threads could start doing the same. I know it's not easy but just something that came to mind this morning.

I am definitely a visual learner so it would certainly help me but I am the minority I am sure.

I am definitely a visual learner so it would certainly help me but I am the minority I am sure.

Well I am too but for example, Radiman is going to be the first to test new PX smoke Green. It’s rebar according to the literature and media on it. I know I don’t swing that hard but maybe if I could see how he swings it would help bring more context to what he sees from the shaft and could help prompt those following along to ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am too but for example, Radiman is going to be the first to test new PX smoke Green. It’s rebar according to the literature and media on it. I know I don’t swing that hard but maybe if I could see how he swings it would help bring more context to what he sees from the shaft and could help prompt those following along to ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If someone was able to bring video to the table I think it can only help. Throwing a lot of numbers at me can get all confusing. Combo of both would help for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Numbers are definitely helpful to me. It’s tough though because access to quality launch monitors (trackman or gc2/4) is tough and I don’t exactly trust the data from the ones from the big box stores.

I thought about going though an edel fitting when reviewing the Ben Hogan Blade 3 Putter. I just do not have easy access to getting #'s down. It being an hour drive and $50 I regret not having gone that route. Something to add to the review.

Back