What is your average score on the first hole?

What is your average score on the first hole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OITW

Reaction score
What do you think your average score on the first hole of a round is when you look back at all your rounds?

Eagle?
Birdie?
Par?
Bogey
Double?
Worse?

I think if I looked at all of my rounds my average score would be a bogey on the first hole.

Bogey.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The opening hole on my home course is the number 2 handicap hole. I'm thrilled with a Par but a bogey isn't a round killer and generally what I start with.

I usually score par because my course has an easy (351 yd.) par 4 and I'm not usually over swinging yet!:banghead:

Later,

John

Over my last 18 rounds I'm basically just as likely to get a par, bogey, or worse.

Bogey. I either get too aggressive and miss a green or 3 putt.

Bogey machine on first holes. My first swing likes to turn left, and course greens seem to always be a very different speed from the practice green. Those first hole putts can be more learning experience than scoring opportunity.

Most likely bogey for me

I am not entirely sure but if I was to take my average score it would more than likely be somewhere between a par and bogey

Our first hole is a short tree-lined dogleg right around the driving range so is only about a 6i (maybe 5i off the back tee) but the green is 2 tier and protected by a couple bunkers so if you misjudge your approach (anything from 8i to a wedge depending on how brave you are feeling about carrying the bunker on the inside corner of the dogleg) you can just as easily walk away with a bogey as much as a par

Usually bogey if I make it to the first hole in time. :alien:

At home it is par, relatively easy par 5 starts off the round.

So far this year it's been bogey.

Are we talking home course? If so I'm below par as its a drivable par four that I am usually near or on.

If we are talking other course then I know I'm over par.

I would say bogey for me

If I'm warmed up with range, probably between par and bogey.

If I'm cold out of the car, double. Easily.

for my last 15 rounds I am about a +.4 on the opening hole of my rounds. So JUST towards the par side, which is right around what I would have figured. I would have said about 50/50 par or bogey.

Since I don't do much of a warm-up, other than some stretching and swinging the club a few times, it seems to take me a hole or two (or a few), to get going, and I think my scores reflect that.

Since it is a par 5 that has to have a tee up the right side of the fairway or you're blocked out by trees, a bogey is very typical!!

Really just depends on the round that day. I'd say I average par as I make my fair share of pars, birdies and bogies on the first hole of the round.

Over my last 18 rounds I'm basically just as likely to get a par, bogey, or worse.

But you, like me don't have a home course and your last 18 rounds have probably been at 10 different courses, so based on those 18 rounds what do you think your average has been?

I voted for double since I'm somewhere between bogey and double. Hopefully there will be fewer of them this year.

But you, like me don't have a home course and your last 18 rounds have probably been at 10 different courses, so based on those 18 rounds what do you think your average has been?

Your right, it has been about 10 different courses. Averaged out, my average score would be a bogey.

I usually par the first hole. Ive birdied it a few times, bogeyed it a lot more, but usually its par

I voted for double since I'm somewhere between bogey and double. Hopefully there will be fewer of them this year.

It's the internet, I'd round down.

#nomathhere

Back