2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We.want.a.total!!

Well I do lol gives me something to work towards
The total is just squat, dead, bench, press, right?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Squat, bench press, and deadlift

It was a good set man. No shame there.

To help protect the back, just reset between every rep. That may also help with the twisting.

Thanks, looking back, I think I should have just pulled 405 once then added weight and did another set.

Can't wait for my MISIG to show up. A whole new way to improve, I hope!!!

Squat, bench, deadlift. I think Blu will be shooting for something like 450,500,350? 1300 or so is pretty sweet.

Squat, bench, deadlift. I think Blu will be shooting for something like 450,500,350? 1300 or so is pretty sweet.
Indeed. Last time I checked mine was 235, 285, 200.
I'll have to make friends with one of the guys at the gym who do the lifts to make sure my form stays in check.

I think 425, 325, 500 is reasonable. That's what I'm shooting for.

I think 425, 325, 500 is reasonable. That's what I'm shooting for.
Oops haha realized my numbers were out of order!! 500 bench would be beast and I know you pull 350 easy lol you get my intention. Now kick 1300 in the ass!

Oops haha realized my numbers were out of order!! 500 bench would be beast and I know you pull 350 easy lol you get my intention. Now kick 1300 in the ass!
I picked up what you were laying down. In the end, the total is all that matters on paper. But a 500lb bench and 350lb dead would make me look awfully odd

Indeed. Last time I checked mine was 235, 285, 200.
I'll have to make friends with one of the guys at the gym who do the lifts to make sure my form stays in check.

I havent maxed on squats or dl yet but if I can hit even 750 as an intermediate goal that will be cool. 200 bench, 300dl, and 250sq.

I havent maxed on squats or dl yet but if I can hit even 750 as an intermediate goal that will be cool. 200 bench, 300dl, and 250sq.

Gotta start somewhere...
0e5a99101e97f7476156b8718de012b2.jpg

So I recently made a minor (but growing) commitment to going back the gym. My eating habits have changed since I was set free, so I started losing some weight through diet and light exercise, mostly push ups, ab exercises, and lunges to get my muscles used to being stressed again and keep from having that I-can-barely-move-for-3-days type of soreness. Last week I started hitting the gym after work 4 days/week. Kept the horrible soreness away and was able to jump into some high intensity, low weight, crossfit style workouts. I love these because I only have to be at the gym for 20-30 minutes at most.

Anyway, I jumped on the scale this AM and the number read sub-160lbs for the first time since college! I don't expect to stay that low, since I'll be building more muscle and adding a few lbs back on. At my best fighting weight, I'm a solid 165lbs. I'm excited to see that me again...with a decade or so added on, of course lol :banana:

Here's my advice for you, you didn't ask for it, so deal with it ;). Don't worry where your weights are at right now. Focus on what you have done and incrementally add to it. You will be able to up those numbers quickly. Probably 60 lbs on your squat in a month. 40lbs on the bench and 90 on the deads in that same time-frame. It isn't exciting or particularly fun, but it builds the foundation to start moving some iron.

Here's my advice for you, you didn't ask for it, so deal with it ;). Don't worry where your weights are at right now. Focus on what you have done and incrementally add to it. You will be able to up those numbers quickly. Probably 60 lbs on your squat in a month. 40lbs on the bench and 90 on the deads in that same time-frame. It isn't exciting or particularly fun, but it builds the foundation to start moving some iron.
Oh for sure, im sure if I focused totally on strength they'd increase faster. Im almost to a point where my skinny ass is gone and im satisfied with my size so next up im going strictly for strength. I like the idea of prs and getting bigger numbers, just fun all around. IT WILL HAPPEN!

Oh for sure, im sure if I focused totally on strength they'd increase faster. Im almost to a point where my skinny ass is gone and im satisfied with my size so next up im going strictly for strength. I like the idea of prs and getting bigger numbers, just fun all around. IT WILL HAPPEN!
PRs are like a drug.

OK, 2 weeks in Hawaii is a good way to get your a$$ kicked when you come back to the gym. Right before Hawaii I was at 460 squat, 465 dead and 315 bench. Benched 300 Mon night and Deadlifted 425, squat 405 last night. Getting back on track.

Presses and pulls tonight.

Incline bench and my chest is sore.

Dang nabit. I got 187.5 for a single. Went up to 200. Failed. Dangit!!!

Dang nabit. I got 187.5 for a single. Went up to 200. Failed. Dangit!!!

You'll get it dude. Just keep at it.

I was looking at my tracker on how often I have been going to the gym and other things. So far there has been 97 days in 2016 and I have hit the gym 93 times. I can't wait for my golf season to start and eat up some of this time.

You'll get it dude. Just keep at it.

I was looking at my tracker on how often I have been going to the gym and other things. So far there has been 97 days in 2016 and I have hit the gym 93 times. I can't wait for my golf season to start and eat up some of this time.

I will add to this. I joined the gym Oct 15 so it's been 174 days and I have been there 172 times with 17 days off. I'm stronger and more flexible than I have been in the past 15 years.

I will add to this. I joined the gym Oct 15 so it's been 174 days and I have been there 172 times with 17 days off. I'm stronger and more flexible than I have been in the past 15 years.

Weird how that happens.

Great work Canadian friend

Weird how that happens.

Great work Canadian friend

Thanks man. I'm taking this Saturday off because I'm going golfing for the first time this year and that deserves a beer but I think I'm going to start doing some two a day's next week for the next 3 weeks. If you ask why? well it's simple, because I can I love pushing my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back