M6 Driver shaft recommendations ?

chadactor

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm purchasing the Taylormade M6 driver. I'm a 18 handicap (due to low back problems ....used to be a 7 ?). Looking for advice on club head angle.... was leaning towards 10.5 ... as well as shaft.... I was thinking about just copying Dustin Johnson and getting the Fujikura Ventus 6x . Also , I'm 6'6" ...would it be worth it for me to extend the driver +1 " ....or would I just be causing more accidents on the highway and breaking more windows than I already do? Thanks :)

Can you give us more info? What is your struggle? Ball flight?

Is it rare to extend a driver? Even for a tall guy ? My back problems prevented me from swinging a club for almost 4 years.....that's my main problem. Anyone who's experienced low back problems (Couples , Woods), feels and understands the pain / frustration. It did allow me a lot of time to work on my short game :) ....I was just looking for tips as far as driver set ups go. I hit it far but have some control issues . I have a nice natural draw with my irons and hit them high .... but with the driver its has a tendency to turn into a bit of a hook at times ....usually when I swing too fast . That's all I got:) first post on the forum ....just seeing what it's all about .....

Back