Tour Junkies Podcast

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I don't know how many play Daily Fantasy Golf on Draftkings (or elsewhere), but this podcast is really good if you do. I have played NFL Daily Fantasy every week for 3 or 4 years now and golf is the perfect sport to pick up when it is done because it basically runs weekly from the end of the NFL season to the beginning of the new season. Anyway these 2 guys are great. They sound like 2 buddies sitting around drinking and talking fantasy golf which they know very well. Lot's of good banter and a lot of good information. They also do a couple of articles each week on their website and they do an email every week of The Chalk Bomb which is a player that is projected to be highly owned that they feel everyone should avoid. This one has saved me a couple of times on Wednesday when I see it and switch someone out last minute and then that golfer has a bad weekend.

Anyway, just wanted to share this as I bet there are at least a few other DFS and PGA tour junkies out there besides me. Even if you don't play daily fantasy sports I bet you would enjoy the podcast because gamblers cannot be uninformed or they burn money, so listening to these guys talk about the course they are playing every week and how it sets up is very interesting. You'll come to see that the ups and downs that these players go through week to week is not really as random as it might appear.

https://www.tourjunkies.com/

I only play in the THP fantasy, but have listened to three episodes trying to make better selections. (Ha!)
I think the information is good but I wish the podcasts were about half as long. Takes a while before they start in on the week's tourney.

I only play in the THP fantasy, but have listened to three episodes trying to make better selections. (Ha!)
I think the information is good but I wish the podcasts were about half as long. Takes a while before they start in on the week's tourney.

Generally in the intro Dave will give a time stamp for the golf talk to start. I always listen to them while driving or working out so I have nothing better to do than laugh at their banter.

I almost wish they did two episodes a week: one for fantasy picks, the other for golf commentary.

Shorter podcasts are always better in my mind. These two guys are extremely nice though and have a passion for their content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back