ClubCorp
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Night Golf in the DFW area?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Member
    45030
    Handicap
    36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Night Golf in the DFW area?

    Was looking to see if any course does night golf in the DFW area. We used to play it in AZ during the summer. Its a fun social event to get non golfers to come out and play. The below link is what we had in AZ.

    https://www.continentalgc.com/golf/club-champions

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Tour Pro NTXNoodler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    North Dallas
    Posts
    904
    Member
    44517
    Handicap
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    418
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    774
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Was looking to see if any course does night golf in the DFW area. We used to play it in AZ during the summer. Its a fun social event to get non golfers to come out and play. The below link is what we had in AZ.

    https://www.continentalgc.com/golf/club-champions

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    As far as I know outside of maybe a rogue pitch and putt 9 hole we don't have any lit full courses. I would love to be wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Member
    45030
    Handicap
    36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NTXNoodler View Post
    As far as I know outside of maybe a rogue pitch and putt 9 hole we don't have any lit full courses. I would love to be wrong.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I have been looking for one for a while now and couldnt find any

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Tour Pro NTXNoodler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    North Dallas
    Posts
    904
    Member
    44517
    Handicap
    12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    418
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    774
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Thanks. I have been looking for one for a while now and couldnt find any

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I would love to find one, I have seen pictures of the ones overseas, truly awesome to see 18 full length holes under lights.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Cherub Face Assassin
    cwmonroe87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    DFW,TX
    Posts
    4,835
    Member
    24213
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,588
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,424
    Thanked in
    1,224 Posts
    As far as I know Lake Park in Lewisville is one of the only lighted par 3. They do have one short par 4 mixed in. Also the greens usually suck.
    PROUD MEMBER OF #TEAMUNITY
    WITB Grandaddy Edition
    GBB EPIC- HZRDUS T800
    XR16 3 wood- Speeder 665
    3-PW Apex CF16- XP95
    Mack Daddy Forged 52,56,60
    O Works 2-Ball

  6. #6
    I'm not a Club Pro
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ontario, OH
    Posts
    3,274
    Member
    44251
    Handicap
    9.5 Ugh
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    61
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,265
    Thanked in
    1,225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwmonroe87 View Post
    As far as I know Lake Park in Lewisville is one of the only lighted par 3. They do have one short par 4 mixed in. Also the greens usually suck.
    Lol. ďOk guys, letís go to the expense of lighting this bad boy up! To pay for it letís pull the funds from the greens upkeep account!Ē
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Cobra 🐍 F8+ Project X Yellow 76g 6.5
    Alpha 816 14* set -1 N Speeder 665 Tx
    Cobra FlyZ 4/5 hybrid set at 22* Stock S flex
    Epic 4-6 W/ KBS Tour 90ís (4i go far)
    Nike Vapor Speeds w/ PX LZ's 6.0 7-GW (mixed bag w/ what works)
    Wedges-Soon To Be Awesomeness
    Circle T Concept 2 34" W/ SS 2.0
    TourB RX
    In my TourB 2019 Carry Bag

    All above changes daily (except putter, ball, and bag)

  7. #7
    #TeamHackers Stryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    1,888
    Member
    45755
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    617
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,133
    Thanked in
    914 Posts
    They play some around here(VA) but itís not under lights. They use some golf balls that glow in the dark. I have never tried any of this but I hear they are not nice to the club faces. A lot of courses stopped doing it because more alcohol was involved and that combined with dark courses led to some really dumb shenanigans like people trying to jump sand traps with the carts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    King F9 Tour Length Driver Prototype Stiff Shaft
    King F8 3/4W Pro Green 7/8W NVS
    Steelhead XR 3H Stiff Shaft
    King Forged TEC Black 5i-PW Recoil 780 F3 Black SW
    CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* Rotex Shafts
    Huntington Beach #1
    Proud Member of Team Hackers for the 2018 Morgan Cup with

  8. #8
    I'm not a Club Pro
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ontario, OH
    Posts
    3,274
    Member
    44251
    Handicap
    9.5 Ugh
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    61
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,265
    Thanked in
    1,225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    They play some around here(VA) but itís not under lights. They use some golf balls that glow in the dark. I have never tried any of this but I hear they are not nice to the club faces. A lot of courses stopped doing it because more alcohol was involved and that combined with dark courses led to some really dumb shenanigans like people trying to jump sand traps with the carts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds about right, lol. There is a story out there in cyber land somewhere where I was with someone that just happened to drink a little too much and may have had a tree jump in front of his cart. Naturally he decided to teach the tree a lesson. Iíll protect the innocent here, but itís wasnt me.

    Donít serve someone a case of beer (knowingly) if you donít want your cart wrecked. Again, it was not me. Iíd have claimed responsibility and hoped insurance somewhere covered it. Since I wasnít even anywhere near the cart, itís between that guy and the course. That and the unfortunate tree that supposedly jumped ten feet or so ??

    Iíve seen a couple of those lighted balls. And yes, Iíve heard they are tough on a club face. But it looks like it would be fun as heck seeing a 300 yard towering draw.

  9. #9
    Tour Pro khaos288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Mckinney TX
    Posts
    800
    Member
    40692
    Handicap
    5.5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    102
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    354
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    The lake park thursday night scramble is a 2 man game with 5$ skins. Usually, we follow it up with 20$/man winner take all 9.

    It's really competitive, but also a good group of guys that have fun. Let me know if you ever want to go out! I've got a cheap partner that doesn't play every week.
    Driver: Epic (Accra Tour Z x275 M5)
    3w: Epic (Accra M5 72i)
    3H: Epic (UST Recoil ES 780)
    4i-GW: Forged TEC (KBS Tour 130X)
    SW-LW: Hi Toe (KBS Tour 130X)
    Putter: Mustang
    Powered by:
    | | |PXG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •