Playing with headphones in ?

lanoxrehab

Reaction score
Handicap
Found a new thing I really like, listening to music while playing golf. I play a lot of golf on my own, so it's no problem when that happens. When I get paired up with other players, I feel....unsocial throwing my earphones in and going to my own little world.

I always walk when I play and it seems most people prefer to ride, so that takes some guilt out of it. I have started saying, with a smile, "hey guys I like to listen to music when I play, it calms me down, not trying to be unsocial".

They always say "hey no problem dude, do your thing".

Are they judging me as I walk off bopping to the music ?

Only thing I would be worried about is a wayward ball coming my way and not being able to hear someone yell four before I got hit.

I wouldn't care. Maybe pull one of the earbuds out on or around the putting greens, but otherwise you are off on your own away from the others from shot to shot anyway.

I do this as well when I'm on the range or playing alone. The positive of it is, it makes my hands more sensitive. I can feel the ball impact much better because my brain isn't telling my ears to listen to the hit. Or maybe I'm some some weirdo that focuses on the wrong things when playing....

I started doing this as well this year. One of my goals was to walk more, so when I play alone and walk, I have the airpods in, and music playing... Never though I could do that, but it is awesome!

I know one person who golfs with one headphone in his ear. No problem with it whatsoever. Enjoy.

I always jam out to something on the raido/Pandora in the cart and nobody cares.

I might give this a try again. I really enjoy the time outside and like listening to the shot, but on the range especially I might like to mix it up.
Not big into music but a podcast, talk radio, or something might provide some entertainment out there. Something to mix things up when solo.

I've never seen it in my group before, but I guess no big deal if you're aware of your surroundings. A big part of golf is sharing the course with your group and other groups, which takes some communication (i.e. helping track tee shots, who's turn is it, yelling/hearing 'fore'). As much as we want to carve out our individual space, it just doesn't exist out there for the most part.

As long as you're aware of your surrounds I would have no issue with it. Whatever makes the game more enjoyable for you - I say go with it.

I don't know if I could play with headphones on/in, but I know a few overly chatty playing partners who could make me consider it.

Try these, I use them for golf and when im on the bike.

https://aftershokz.com/

Bone conducting headphones, nothing in your ear, you can still hear your surroundings and they provide good sound.

When I play alone I love wearing my headphones. When I'm with others I will from time to time, but I'll pull them out around the greens for casual discussion. No one ever seems to care. Do your thing!

Try these, I use them for golf and when im on the bike.

https://aftershokz.com/

Bone conducting headphones, nothing in your ear, you can still hear your surroundings and they provide good sound.

Do you find the low end to be lacking? I picked up a pair of these, but I rarely use them due to the lack of bass.

Do you find the low end to be lacking? I picked up a pair of these, but I rarely use them due to the lack of bass.

The bass isn’t great, but I’m not using them due to high quality sound, I’m using the for the convenience of being able to still hear my surroundings. If I am going for quality of the sound I’ll use something else.

If I’m playing alone or at the range I listen to music or sports channels. But not if I am paired up with someone.

I was told last year that it would be illegal for tournament rounds as it could be considered a training aid. The argument being you could play music that can help your tempo. I did not have the desire to argue the point but I can see where someone was coming with it.

I was told last year that it would be illegal for tournament rounds as it could be considered a training aid. The argument being you could play music that can help your tempo. I did not have the desire to argue the point but I can see where someone was coming with it.

Was just about to mention this bit. But I wouldn’t judge someone on a casual round... beats the hell out of some yahoo blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd across the course. Nothing against Skynyrd- just that there is a time and a place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just about to mention this bit. But I wouldn’t judge someone on a casual round... beats the hell out of some yahoo blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd across the course. Nothing against Skynyrd- just that there is a time and a place...

Free Bird makes me play better. :alien:

But stopping to hold up the lighter all the time must get tiresome...

Plenty of time walking to my next shot! Ha!

I’m one who loves music on the course. It’s about fun and enjoyment, there are days I don’t want music and just want to listen to the world around me, other days some tunes make things more enjoyable. It’s a personal preference for sure, but a little music never hurt anyone as long as the person playing it is cognizant of those around them.

I have used headphones at the range while I’m hitting some balls. Never thought about wearing them on the course but that’s probably because I use the Soundchuck Mini most rounds.

Back