Bizarre Shaft Pairing

Quick update. I stopped in PGATSS and tried the Wilson D7 since the Helium shaft is stock. Love this head by the way!

Right off the bat I tried the 9 degree head with the stiff 59 gram shaft. Combo was awesome and I saw the highest ball speed and probably straightest shots in 7 years of me going to this particular store.

I then tried the 46 gram regular Flex just for fun and hit it really damn good. This was in the 10.5 head and that combo was giving me too much spin but was straight and high. I'm sure this shaft in the 9 degree head would be a very solid combo.

Ping G410 plus was in the same Bay so I tried that for comparison. Stayed with the light and whippy theme and started off with the 55 gram regular Flex. Hit it very well and had similar ball speed to the Wilson but even more spin.

Then went opposite end of the spectrum and tried the same head with an evenflow black 6.5 75x. Again hit this one very well and straight but spin was still over 3K. I know that is just the head and not the shaft. I'm surprised the results were so good considering it's a very different shaft than the helium. The extra weight was noticeable but not bad.

Overall I think I preferred the helium shaft and Wilson head. The combo felt very light but yet controllable. I just felt like I could swing it super fast and my ball speed reflected that. This was my quickest shot but it was slightly low on the face hence the lower launch and higher spin. Perfectly hit balls were about 2 mph slower but launch was around 13 with spin in the 2300 to 2500 range. Last ball I hit was 272 carry, which crushes my current driver setup.
52e30766c8c89a6244ba4a120d44ab14.jpg

Attachments

• 20190530_110241.jpg
    20190530_110241.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 0
Back