Am I Old for watching Golf on TV?

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It was a rainy day last Sunday, so I stayed in and watched golf. The wife and I recently started golfing again, and I thought she would enjoy seeing what the pros can do. WRONG. She said I was an old man for watching golf!!!@
Thoughts?

By the way, I am of early retirement age, but regularly ride mountain bikes and take my car to the track or mountain roads.

It was a rainy day last Sunday, so I stayed in and watched golf. The wife and I recently started golfing again, and I thought she would enjoy seeing what the pros can do. WRONG. She said I was an old man for watching golf!!!@
Thoughts?

By the way, I am of early retirement age, but regularly ride mountain bikes and take my car to the track or mountain roads.

Yes.

Next question.

:eyepoke:

I mean, how else are you gonna watch it if they're not in your city?

I mean. I’m sure you’ll get the answer you’re looking for here.

No, it does not make you old. If that’s the case, I’m nearing 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that when I was a kid and the only person I knew who watched golf was my grandpa, but now...no way.

If you were watching golf trying to get the antenna moved perfectly to get the free channels you might be old. In HD probably not

I am 35 and watch golf at every chance I get. My wife doesn't like watching, but I sure as hell don't feel like an old man for watching. I feel like an old man when I get on or off of the couch. I tend to groan, and move slowly.

I watched for an entire day and got several eye rolls from the wife so I get it. I say do what makes you happy - nothing wrong with being an old man!

I’m in my 30’s and that’s pretty much all I watch on TV.

I've been old since about 10 - 30+ years now. I can watch golf all day and usually have the golf channel in the background.

I don't know. I'm 40 and I recently started back watching golf and can't get into it. Unless Tiger is playing I don't watch. There are other players I like, but they're not must see.

I watch as much of The Masters as I can (around my work schedule).

I'll wake up a little early to watch The British Open. Watch what I can.

The other majors, I'll watch the entire Sunday broadcast, unless someone is running away with it (Brooks, last week, for example).

All other tourneys, if there is nothing else going on, I'll watch. Especially if it's too cold/wet/snowy to be outside.

I'm 59 years old...but I don't FEEL that old.

I watch all the time. My weekend routine is wake up early, feed the dog, put on a pot of coffee and turn on the Golf channel and catch a little Euro tour..... I'm 46 ~shrug~

It's the 1st channel I flip to when turning the TV on

Hell no.....that's the only channel that's on at my house even if im not watching it

Of course, yes.

But attending the PGA last weekend it was clear that view may be changing, the place was packed with young people.

I am not sure what that means, I do what I want regardless of what people think. I am 38 and proudly watch golf because I like it.

This probably isn't the place to ask if its OK that you are watching golf on TV.

Thoughts?

When it is on I watch it. That is all I watch. I can't remember the last time I watched a regular TV program.

My wife never gets the itch to golf unless I'm watching back 9 on a Sunday. She loves the finish of a golf tournament when you can really tell the shots are on the line. She couldn't give a rats' ass about Thurs-Fri-Sat. She finds those rounds boring. I think if you watch golf all day Thurs-Sun you are an old man because you're most likely retired!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heck no that doesn't make you old. It's way better than half the junk on TV now.

Watching golf on TV does not make you old, it makes you intelligent, cultured and sophisticated...……..

I'm a golfaholic, but for some reason as I've gotten older I watch less and less of golf, unless it is a major. Maybe it's the fact that since retiring I basically play 5 days per week. Also, I'm not a big fan of the way they cover golf on TV. There is too much focus on the leaders or a few "name" golfers like Tiger or Rory, etc, when they are playing. If you happen to have a favorite golfer and he isn't among the leaders or hasn't pulled off some incredible shot you'll rarely if ever get to see him on the telecast.

This probably isn't the place to ask if its OK that you are watching golf on TV.

If you want to go back to your wife and say "Honey, the internet agrees I am not old" than this is the perfect place to ask LOL!

I’ve been watching golf on tv since I was little. Grew up doing so with my grandparents and have continued ever since.

Back