The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we made a significant investment in a new camera technology a few months back. It has been a huge hit, and a big selling point for the services we offer. late yesterday this camera takes a dump, and I'm not informed until this morning. I place an email to support at 930, knowing they don't open until noon since they are west coast based. At 1:30 I call their support line since I still haven't heard anything, and leave a message. I finally get an email 6:39pm, when I'm on the golf course. I respond at 7:17, and over an hour later he finally responds and we discover this isn't something I can fix, it needs to be shipped in. He says he needs the serial number and then can send the shipping info. I let him know since our office has been closed for hours, by the time I can get there his office will be closed, if he will please look up the serial number and send me the shipping info so I can send it out first thing tomorrow so we can expedite getting it returned, and also asked how long it would take. 24 minutes later he responds that don't worry about the serial number, I can give it to them Monday morning and they will send the info then, and that next time if its urgent to use the urgent extension (which is not published anywhere that I can find, nor mentioned on the recording, and also informs me it is a 10 day turnaround. I immediately respond that is not acceptable and we need to get it shipped tomorrow since being without the camera is detrimental to our business. No response, the business has now closed, I also left a voicemail with the magical urgent line... and heard nothing back.

So we will be without this camera for two weeks, and they didn't seem to see this as a problem. It's a major headache since its the middle of our busiest time, and we have already promised this video to probably 10-15 clientsthat will not have it until after their listing is up, not to mention the backlog we will have once we finally get it back. The scary thing is there are businesses that only provide this product, if this were to happen to them, they would be out of business for two weeks.

What type of camera?
There are some really great service places in this area that can fix just about anything and have fantastic reputations.

What type of camera?
There are some really great service places in this area that can fix just about anything and have fantastic reputations.

It's a Matterport, a 3d camera similar in concept to that Nikon you've posted, but pretty specific in its usage. I wouldn't think anyone would work on it, much less have parts available, but it might be worth a try tomorrow.

It's a Matterport, a 3d camera similar in concept to that Nikon you've posted, but pretty specific in its usage. I wouldn't think anyone would work on it, much less have parts available, but it might be worth a try tomorrow.

Check the camera service store in Palm Harbor. They are really awesome. There is one in Bradenton too, that has been around forever and when I thought my camera was dead, they fixed it in like 7 minutes.

So Fios in our area was purchased by Frontier. We use their internet. Did we get a letter, email or phone call? Nope. No interruption in service mind you, but log in to stream something and its gone. Then 20 minutes to setup Frontier account and link to SHO, nope. Says I don't have that service (I was given that for a year along with HBO for signing up). New mobile app is garbage for video. Website is busted. Doesn't even have our state listed to use for streaming.

The whole thing wreaks and doing a live chat now, they finally pick up and after 25 minutes, they say they have to transfer my chat back to Fios, who does not really exist because my account is stuck somewhere in pending. Its the weirdest thing I have encountered. But even weirder, we were online auto bill pay. Had I not logged in, our bill just wouldn't have been paid because we have to resign up for the whole thing with Frontier. Im at a loss right now, how do they not even tell you.

Oh god, I'm in the middle of doing that as well... All on demand is gone for me really get now when I've paid for HBO, sho, starz, all of em... Now nothing

Check the camera service store in Palm Harbor. They are really awesome. There is one in Bradenton too, that has been around forever and when I thought my camera was dead, they fixed it in like 7 minutes.

Lake Shore Camera Exchange?

I should add that it might be a long shot, but worth a shot since they are with in an hour.
Matterport's do some cool things, but have some issues. And their CS is awful from what I have been told.

Lake Shore Camera Exchange?

That is one of them. As I said, its a long shot, but they are crazy smart people photography wise.

I should add that it might be a long shot, but worth a shot since they are with in an hour.
Matterport's do some cool things, but have some issues. And their CS is awful from what I have been told.

They had a pretty solid reputation in our industry when we ordered. I had only had very small problems I took to support and their response was always quick. I have to hope management will take care of us Monday when they see the response I had today. Otherwise they will get blasted by us in social media. Several people have ordered directly off our recommendation, the opposite will occur if this isn't made right.

Oh god, I'm in the middle of doing that as well... All on demand is gone for me really get now when I've paid for HBO, sho, starz, all of em... Now nothing

This has been a total cluster. We will be evaluating alternatives this weekend. Really disappointing because the Fios service was excellent. Of course, coming from Brighthouse anything would seem better.

This has been a total cluster. We will be evaluating alternatives this weekend. Really disappointing because the Fios service was excellent. Of course, coming from Brighthouse anything would seem better.

I loved my fios.... Frontier..... Not so much right now

It's just an all around cluster f*ck of an acquisition.

So they changed it to only a one hour delay except we have no flight crew. This is why I got out of consulting. Such a pain

It's just an all around cluster f*ck of an acquisition.

Fortunately it's not tv for me, but we just changed Internet and obviously this gets us out of contract should we choose. I will at least explore options.

Fortunately it's not tv for me, but we just changed Internet and obviously this gets us out of contract should we choose. I will at least explore options.
Internet has been fine.

TV has been fine too, except for On Demand stuff and Streaming apps. That's the frustrating part. Glad I have Kodi for streaming most things now.

My Custom THP/UST Mamiya shaft that I dropped off on Tuesday still hasn't had the tip installed by the local proshop I trust to do good work. The only place in the entire city that can/will do the work.

Apparently a shipment came in, and the one employee has been sorting through boxes of apparel for 4 days..... so much for using it tomorrow.

It's Masters Saturday it's the signal that spring is here and it's time for golf....but NO we have this instead.

a324ec6cd0714a6c3fbe6511b92e5969.jpg

Sorry Jdtox, your wife is leaving this today.

a4bb55e52f4aebe7f9d151ee726f9adc.jpg

So they changed it to only a one hour delay except we have no flight crew. This is why I got out of consulting. Such a pain

I know you already got a job, but time to get behind the controls and add that to the resume!

My Custom THP/UST Mamiya shaft that I dropped off on Tuesday still hasn't had the tip installed by the local proshop I trust to do good work. The only place in the entire city that can/will do the work.

Apparently a shipment came in, and the one employee has been sorting through boxes of apparel for 4 days..... so much for using it tomorrow.
Considering that doesn't take that much time to do, that is terrible customer service

Considering that doesn't take that much time to do, that is terrible customer service

No kidding. Shows how seriously that clubwork is taken in this city. There is one place that does it. That place is now a promotional items company/9 hole golf course/pro shop. I guess because the season hasn't started here they figure people don't need their gear that they dropped off for work.

I will burn the place to the ground if they wreck my THP shaft. (Yes I am over reacting..... but am I?) Or at least complain loudly in person.

No kidding. Shows how seriously that clubwork is taken in this city. There is one place that does it. That place is now a promotional items company/9 hole golf course/pro shop. I guess because the season hasn't started here they figure people don't need their gear that they dropped off for work.

I will burn the place to the ground if they wreck my THP shaft. (Yes I am over reacting..... but am I?) Or at least complain loudly in person.
Totally legit response. If my buddy didn't do mine, I'd have had to go to golf Galaxy. Eh, no thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back