I've turned off a bunch of stuff, so it takes a while to load some of them, depending on the app, but I'm very happy with the battery life now, my iPhone is a different story, the 6 Plus might need to be replaced soon, it just doesn't hold a charge as well and doesn't charge fast enough anymore!

Which side do you have the crown? Your fix could easily be turning the watch around and putting the crown on the other side....it's as simple as going in the watch app on the phone and changing the crown side to either left or right. I keep my crown on the right....but i have one glove that for some reason will activate the button. So I simply flip the watch around and change the setting in the Apple Watch app. Lately I just don't wear that glove as it's not my favorite anyway lol.

I did not know this. Thank you. I have the same problem at times and will try this!

Apple Watch

Which side do you have the crown? Your fix could easily be turning the watch around and putting the crown on the other side....it's as simple as going in the watch app on the phone and changing the crown side to either left or right. I keep my crown on the right....but i have one glove that for some reason will activate the button. So I simply flip the watch around and change the setting in the Apple Watch app. Lately I just don't wear that glove as it's not my favorite anyway lol.

And to me that's an unnecessary action that I shouldn't have to do. I don't wear a watch when I play anyway, so I was trying to make it more useful. When I kept activating the button and hearing pictures clicking, I figured, "Ok, I can just keep it hooked in the cart and reference the yardage with it off." Then I realized, my phone's right there, why do I need the watch to show me?! Anyway. Thanks for the heads-up. I think it should be functional without making adjustments.

I have been wearing the one I got my wife for a few weeks now while she is on her fitbit kick. Just some thoughts:

They will need to make a drastic upgrade to the 2nd gen for me to buy one. Besides loading and updating slowly, most of the apps are just not useful for me on such a small screen (not sure the 42mm screen would really help). Maybe I need to try golfshot or another golfing app but when I used TheGrint on the course a couple weeks ago the gps reading was incredibly slow to update. The battery on the watch doesn't really drain quickly but I have noticed my phone drains much more quickly now. I also like circular watches so the design is not what I prefer, while not ugly, just not my cup of tea but I could easily look past that.

I do, however, love the notifications. Other than the fact my phone no longer alerts me (more useful/safe when driving to look at my phone on the mount rather than look at my wrist) the convenience of the alerts alone keeps me hanging on. Not $400 hanging on though. The Fantastical app also make the watch pretty dang handy as well.

I would love to see standalone apps on the next gen watch. built in gps and wifi would be great, but probably hurt the battery life. Fortunately people way smarter than me are working on these issues and I hope they roll out something great in a few months. I doubt they will change the shape of the watch, which is fine, but for $400 I will need to see a pretty significant upgrade in features, performance and the ability for the watch to operate independently of the phone for certain apps.

If there is a trick to get notifications to still kick on my phone screen/lockscreen as well as the watch I would appreciate any direction

And to me that's an unnecessary action that I shouldn't have to do. I don't wear a watch when I play anyway, so I was trying to make it more useful. When I kept activating the button and hearing pictures clicking, I figured, "Ok, I can just keep it hooked in the cart and reference the yardage with it off." Then I realized, my phone's right there, why do I need the watch to show me?! Anyway. Thanks for the heads-up. I think it should be functional without making adjustments.

I was going to say you could always wear it on your other wrist....but if you don't like wearing a watch when you play...maybe an Apple Watch or GPS watch for that matter isn't for you heh. I feel naked when I don't wear a watch. Only time I don't wear one is if I'm playing basketball or football.

You could also just leave the crown permanently on the left, or right depending on which way is giving you problems, and just wear it setup that way...no need to make the 10sec adjustment when you play golf.

I just flipped mine to the left side. Think this will work out way better for me when I play golf.

thanks man!

So a quick update on FunGolf, I'm so happy THP/James did a review on it, it's been a great companion app to have on my apple watch while playing, and getting the fitness info off of it while walking my normal rounds has been awesome.

The one thing I'm running into now is I'm bored of my standard black apple sport band, I've changed it up with a few other sport style bands I've had, even mixing/matching colors. I need to get a band or two for casual and dress, but has anyone else found a better band for sport type purposes? The sweat and rubber just don't seem like a good mix, hoping for something maybe a little more moisture wicking or something.

So I won a ReFurb Apple Watch in a Raffle on Tuesday - Man, This thing is cool - I really like it.
I'm will have to chase down the review on FunGolf - I'm anxious to use this on the course.

Once GolfShot updates their app to use the GPS on the watch and not require the phone I think I may order a Series 2.

Looking forward to Watch OS 3. It should be a nice improvement in both interface and function. Also the series 2 Apple Watch looks nice. With brighter screen, faster cpu, and gps, it could become a better option for golfers. I've enjoyed golfing with the AW1.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued by this with the hardware update. I don't usually wear watches though so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

I'm actually somewhat intrigued by this with the hardware update. I don't usually wear watches though so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

I am thinking about trading in my current model for the new one... would cost me $300 or so after tax.... not sure if the upgrades are worth that to me...

I am thinking about trading in my current model for the new one... would cost me $300 or so after tax.... not sure if the upgrades are worth that to me...

How do you like your current one?

Is Apple taking in Trade-Ins on the like they do with the Phone?

How do you like your current one?

well, I would trade it back in a butterfly's heartbeat. I think it is pretty much a total whiff. If it wasn't for Arccos, I don't think I would even wear it, I would just get a fit bit.

The new model sounds like what I wanted this one to be. But I am a little bitter and spending another $300 to get what I think they should have released originally.

well, I would trade it back in a butterfly's heartbeat. I think it is pretty much a total whiff. If it wasn't for Arccos, I don't think I would even wear it, I would just get a fit bit.

The new model sounds like what I wanted this one to be. But I am a little bitter and spending another $300 to get what I think they should have released originally.

Ha, I'd be bitter too! The fact I don't wear a watch much and the fact v1 didn't have GPS built in are the reasons why I didn't pull the trigger. I'm going to wait until some reviews have come out on v2 before deciding if it's worth the plunge. I'm particularly interested to see what the battery life is like.

Ha, I'd be bitter too! The fact I don't wear a watch much and the fact v1 didn't have GPS built in are the reasons why I didn't pull the trigger. I'm going to wait until some reviews have come out on v2 before deciding if it's worth the plunge. I'm particularly interested to see what the battery life is like.

The battery is being reported to be about the same as the original model (18 hours or so). Depending on usage I know of people that easily get a full day out of it. I usually take mine off the charger at about 6:40 AM or so and get a notice by 9pm that I am at 10% left.

If I golf then it won't make it all day and I will usually have to throw it on for a 10-15 minute charge. I have only had it die one time, but I make sure to give it a quick hit of juice when I think I might need it later on.

Also, they have some bands that have extra charge and I bet there will be some new options for this model.

Worth the $70? I imagine it would be nice to have that on it at work.

I have a Garmin Fenix 3, and it is MASSIVE. So I think the size would be ok with me.
I went back to it, needed a switch from the stock bands I had, honestly it's not as big as I remember, gonna take it to the course tomorrow to see if I still don't think it's too big. But it is quite comfortable.

The battery is being reported to be about the same as the original model (18 hours or so). Depending on usage I know of people that easily get a full day out of it. I usually take mine off the charger at about 6:40 AM or so and get a notice by 9pm that I am at 10% left.

If I golf then it won't make it all day and I will usually have to throw it on for a 10-15 minute charge. I have only had it die one time, but I make sure to give it a quick hit of juice when I think I might need it later on.

Also, they have some bands that have extra charge and I bet there will be some new options for this model.

Im one that will easily get a full day of battery...from 7am to midnight and end up with 50% left. I get a lot of email notifications....Sometimes 50+ emails alone with picture attachments from my security camera at home. Plus texts and other email. Granted I don't look at all the pics on the watch because it can be slow to load at times but I don't consider my usage light by any means. If I play a round and use golfshot I'll end up closer to 30% at the end of the day.

Im one that will easily get a full day of battery...from 7am to midnight and end up with 50% left. I get a lot of email notifications....Sometimes 50+ emails alone with picture attachments from my security camera at home. Plus texts and other email. Granted I don't look at all the pics on the watch because it can be slow to load at times but I don't consider my usage light by any means. If I play a round and use golfshot I'll end up closer to 30% at the end of the day.

I would be happy with the charge times that you are reporting. The Series 2 watch is slightly larger than the original watch so the times between recharging should be even better.

I have had mine for a week now and I get a full day out of the battery. I even used it on the course for 18 holes as a yardage finder and still had battery left.

I would be happy with the charge times that you are reporting. The Series 2 watch is slightly larger than the original watch so the times between recharging should be even better.

I am not sure that is the case. It has a brighter display and some more functions. I would expect to have the same battery life and hope it is improved.

Watch OS 3 is amazing, I've never liked my apple watch more!

Back